Did We Get Duded With 2 Minutes To Go

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I just want to get one thing cleared up as I feel were a bit ripped of with 2 minutes to go but I am unsure of the rule & seeking clarification.

I was of the understanding that If the trainer calls the game to stop for an injured player & not the referee - then that injured player needs to leave the field for a period of time (I thought it was 1min 30seconds) before he can return.

In yesterdays game, with 1min 98 seconds to go & whilst we were on the attack - the Raiders trainer was on the sideline yelling for the ref to stop the game for CHN who appeared to be struggling with something.

I got no doubt the call came from from Ricky Stuart to stop the game.

The issue is that CHN never came from the field & the Raiders had a good spell to re-coop.

If the rule states that CHN should have came from the field for 1min 30 sec then that would have meant we would have played against 11 with ball in hand for almost the rest of the game.

It might not sound like a big thing, but I hate continuously getting stiffed.

It would be good if someone can confirm this rule for me.

Last edited:

Mattreneeandgus

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I just want to get one thing cleared up as I feel were a bit ripped of with 2 minutes to go but I am unsure of the rule & seeking clarification.

I was of the understanding that If the trainer calls the game to stop for an injured player & not the referee - then that injured player needs to leave the field for a period of time (I thought it was 1min 30seconds) before he can return.

In yesterdays game, with 1min 98 seconds to go & whilst we were on the attack - the Raiders trainer was on the sideline yelling for the ref to stop the game for CHN who appeared to be struggling with something.

The issue is that CHN never came from the field & the Raiders had a good spell to re-coop.

If the rule states that CHN should have came from the field for 1min 30 sec then that would have meant we would have played against 11 with ball in hand for almost the rest of the game.

It might not sound like a big thing, but I hate getting continuously getting stiffed.

Yeah I thought the same thing, also in some of our games, when we finally get some momentum, which usually is half way thru the game before it happens, an opposition player needs attention and they stop the play, and just stops everything dead for us

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hey guys.

It might not sound like a big thing, but I hate getting continuously getting stiffed.

It's 2 minutes & yes we were dudded.

Injuries
It's one of the oldest tricks in the book, calling injury time to slow down matches, but the NRL says no more!

If a trainer requests that the referee stop the game for an injury timeout, the player that has gone down with the injury must either be interchanged or taken off the field for a period of two minutes while the ball remains in play. Once that two minutes of play has expired, the player may then return to the field.

And it happened when we played Souths as well at a very important stage which changed the momentum.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
yep i noticed the same thing, was pissed that it was just a tactic to stop the game and get their defence set, was then weaiting for him to leave the field but he never did

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We were sussed there yes... However look at the teams body language and lack of urgency to pack our scrum when there was a minute something left. This showed me when weren't pulling anything out of the hat regardless of whether they had an extra man off.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not unlikely.!!

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Raiders also scored themselves an extra interchange when a player with a chest or sternum injury went off with a HIA.

How does that work?
Whoever was calling the game made the assumption raiders where taking the piss with that one.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have bigger things to worry about than those 2 minutes at the end of our game
The attitude and effort by some was really disgusting, certain players should have been hooked for their total lack of footy IQ
TB has to start making big calls before things get ugly

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoever was calling the game made the assumption raiders where taking the piss with that one.
They did mention it, and they were taking the piss. With nothing done about it......
That extra interchange and fresh legs in a close game could be the difference between winning and losing.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
They did mention it, and they were taking the piss. With nothing done about it......
That extra interchange and fresh legs in a close game could be the difference between winning and losing.
Then Ennis gets on his high horse talking about the Roosters / Tedesco HIA interchange saying the rule needs to be changed as it makes a mockery of what its intended for... But fails to mention his clubs abusing HIA protocols for X2 free interchanges.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hey guys.

They did it a couple of times in the game when Canterbury were getting a roll on.
That red head forward was flopping around on the ground with what looked like a chest complaint, and they took him off for a HIA. Blatant cheating.