Did the players throw the games away to get rid of Des?

Did the players throw the games away to get rid of Des?

• Yep, based on the last 3 games there may be some truth to it.

• Not sure but definitely players started playing better once the season was gone.

• Another useless thread by the indian dog

• ozman

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Obviously there is a "talk" in rugby league circles that bulldogs players would have thrown the season away playing poorly to get rid of Des. It was confirmed by the style of play and players putting in an effort in last 3 games where they beat much stronger teams in titans, dragons and manly. Other than Graham no other player has really come out in support of Des after his sacking. Mbye and Liccha had their frustration known to the media about the style of footy they have been told to play by the coach while des was in charge.

So the question is , do you really think the players had enough of dictator des and his pathetic coaching style which was slowly but surely destroying their career and they started playing poorly to kill the season and in turn des's coaching career at dogs.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As much as I hate you, I think you may be on to something

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Happens in world soccer all the times so it's not an outrageous thought... if they did than I thank them sincerely... unethical , but result was desperately needed..

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't say they threw games but I imagine it's like any other workplace. If you've got a boss that doesn't have a clue and you feel your talents are being wasted you're probably just going to do the bare minimum. But come performance review time (contract expiry) you'll probably pull your finger out a bit.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wouldn't say graham come out in support of him, more the media asked n graham wasn't guna bag the coach out! But agree with what jof said

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% yes....the players tanked it until the last three rounds.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why would tanking even be discussed when its illegal? This thread needs to go.

joedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think they did for sure i didnt even watch the games this year and i usually wont even got for a piss when they play bjt they were not even trying bar them last foyr games whicb they played to there potential for some reason they threw the all the midseason games in my eyes you will see a totally different attitude this year.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with Jof. You don't need to tank but given the competitive and driven levels in the NRL there is probably a massive points per game turnaround based on being engaged and giving 110% vs going through the motions and putting in an 80% effort.

In saying that tactics are a big part. We lost so many tight games at one point before our performances considerably dropped. If the tactics are shit, other teams know what to expect, everyone can see they're not working but Grand Master Des still persists with them, performances can get worse even if effort levels are the same.

Throwing off the shackles and playing differently (Lichaa) and then winning 3 games supports this.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No not at all. Would they not just play to their best and if des' structures werent good enough it would achieve the same result? You'd think theyd just play outside the structures before theyd try and lose

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah, this was the worst team we've had under Des and we didn't have Hodkos boot to make up for the lack of tries we score.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Give it 5 years and one of the players is down on their luck and needs some quick cash, we'll have a Telegraph exclusive about the truth...not sure it will push the Group Sex money grabs off the front page, but you never know. :-)

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
IF there is/was a top 8 clause in his contract it increases the chances IMO

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The answer is definitely "no" so considering the flawed options in the poll the only real answer is "ozman"

Nah. Players didn't throw the game away. The players followed the strict gameplan provided by Des. It wasn't until Des and everyone else finally gave up that the players started playing like a real team.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It could be true, and if it is it's both a good and bad thing. It's good coz it eventually got des sacked, but bad coz they fucked us fans as well with pathetic performances.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If yes they all deserved to be sacked from the game and charged with Match Fixing.

Status
Not open for further replies.