Opinion Did Baz just say JMK could be our long term 9?!

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well I'd rather him be the 9 until we can get a gun than BBO be groomed for there, I'd rather him play in the halves.

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well what did he say? No link or context.And if so im sure we know we neef a long term 9
Probably a better strategy then having a bunch of fat ***** in the team knowing theyre being cut at years end. Dishing up the shit they have been this year

Watch that mate, he says the club are going to put a lot of faith in JMK to be our long term 9

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really don’t see where we are going to get a hooker from unless one is developed or we get a rising star in the 17-18 year old range from another club. It’s going to be a problem for a while yet and until it’s solved JMK will be it and that’s not good.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really don’t see where we are going to get a hooker from unless one is developed or we get a rising star in the 17-18 year old range from another club. It’s going to be a problem for a while yet and until it’s solved JMK will be it and that’s not good.
Yep exactly. Any decent hooker gets snapped up pretty quick.

Apart from B.Smith who else is out there ? Its either JMK, BBO or try and pinch a young gun as you say but that can be hit and miss

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep exactly. Any decent hooker gets snapped up pretty quick.

Apart from B.Smith who else is out there ? Its either JMK, BBO or try and pinch a young gun as you say but that can be hit and miss
It’s so frustrating because it’s been a problem for so long but it is a very difficult position to recruit in. I don’t think we are any chance for B Smith either.

I have really liked BBO at dummy half but it’s early days in his career. We need a miracle haha.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It’s not much different to when they said a couple of months ago that they’d made no decisions about who’s moving on and ‘every off contract player will be given the chance to state their case for retention’. Gus even repeated that last week. C’mon, hardly not widely known that at the very least Napa and Hoppa weren’t going to be retained. It’s just soft messaging.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s so frustrating because it’s been a problem for so long but it is a very difficult position to recruit in. I don’t think we are any chance for B Smith either.

I have really liked BBO at dummy half but it’s early days in his career. We need a miracle haha.
To be fair the club has known we need to recruit in that area. I think people on here assume we are just not trying to sign a hooker but we have chased B.Smith as well as H.Grant.

And let’s not forget we were 5 minutes away from signing Api

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
i thought JMK was good on the weekend, starting to run more. If his pass to Avo sticks he was away. The rotation with BBO is also improving. Love the cheese tho but i think Bellamy now re signing has ended that.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
JMK and or BBo can do the job.....wait and see how much their games improve now we have a pro running the footy department.....no need to panic....and we certainly don't need to be throwing ridiculous amounts of money at a limited plsayer who doesn't want to be here like the cheezel

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They don't think that..relax! and also don't listen to Utility surely you have worked out he is a tad delusional either naturally or assisted unsure which :tearsofjoy:

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They don't think that..relax! and also don't listen to Utility surely you have worked out he is a tad delusional either naturally or assisted unsure which :tearsofjoy:
Yes you’re right, but these guys won’t get us going forward consistently. I’d rather get Cameron Smith out of retirement (no matter what people think of him) he would run rings around our hookers.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes you’re right, but these guys won’t get us going forward consistently. I’d rather get Cameron Smith out of retirement (no matter what people think of him) he would run rings around our hookers.
Not sure what the future holds but doubt it's really JMK he will serve a purpose because well right now we have no other options?, but not the answer long term.