Did Andrew Hill lie to us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
if the Mbye rumour is true and I’m sure it is, what does that say about what Andrew Hill said to us last week. He said we will not be forced to shop anyone around. We had 5 spots left for $500k. We will not be paying other clubs players to play against us?

Its taken about a week for all that to become bullshit. Why didnt he just say ee were more fukked than they thought. We must be worse off than they let on. Otherwise it makes no sense to let go of your best attacking player because we have no one to replace him. And there is no one on the market.

From Dib/Castle to these idiots. From one train wreck to another. Fukk i wish Nick Politis followed the bulldogs when he was young.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont care if he lied or not.. as long as they are fixing our cap situation and have us going in the right direction

Sue

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
if the Mbye rumour is true and I’m sure it is, what does that say about what Andrew Hill said to us last week. He said we will not be forced to shop anyone around. We had 5 spots left for $500k. We will not be paying other clubs players to play against us?

Its taken about a week for all that to become bullshit. Why didnt he just say ee were more fukked than they thought. We must be worse off than they let on. Otherwise it makes no sense to let go of your best attacking player because we have no one to replace him. And there is no one on the market.

From Dib/Castle to these idiots. From one train wreck to another. Fukk i wish Nick Politis followed the bulldogs when he was young.
If he did tell the whole of Australia that we are in cap trouble, clubs would be throwing low ball offers and we would eventually have to buckle under pressure.

Its dirty politics but it is what it is

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well why couldnt they just tell us the truth?
Maybe it was a situation where keeping the truth from the public domain was better for negotiations. . And Thats if the Mbye leaving news is true

Reactions: DT

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Mbye is a big name player.
Big name players sell news.

Lets not forget player managers love talking to the media as well to try and bump up their clients pricetag against other clubs.

The claim that he's off to the Tigers is laughable at best... Tigers would be right on the cap as well.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tbh honest I don't care if Mbye goes, he has proved that he is not worth the money he's on. He will never be the elusive type of player that Barba was, he will never lead us to a premiership, he has never stood up and single handedly lead us to victory like some of our past heroes.....he's just an overpaid utility.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tbh honest I don't care if Mbye goes, he has proved that he is not worth the money he's on. He will never be the elusive type of player that Barba was, he will never lead us to a premiership, he has never stood up and single handedly lead us to victory like some of our past heroes.....he's just an overpaid utility.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

careful, for some people here he is our only saviour. lol

aymz maz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Lets not forget player managers love talking to the media as well to try and bump up their clients pricetag against other clubs.

The claim that he's off to the Tigers is laughable at best... Tigers would be right on the cap as well.
You think he’s not going ?

aymz maz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Absolutely not... Pay sees him as long term fullback option, and CEO has stated we do not need to release any more players to be under the cap for 2018 and beyond.

I'd believe them over a website that rarely covers NRL news, and is pushing people to subscribe to their magazine.
I hope you’re right, wouldn’t be a good start to the board and pay lying to the fans. Apparently pay said it was all rumours on NRL tonight.

WestMan34

Waterboy
Reaction score

Actually the Tigers have around 1.2 -1.4 million free. They had 700k free then got rid of Milne (200k) and suli (430k). So 4 spots to fill with nearly 1.4 mill to spend. Just conjecture but they could afford moses easily.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Actually the Tigers have around 1.2 -1.4 million free. They had 700k free then got rid of Milne (200k) and suli (430k). So 4 spots to fill with nearly 1.4 mill to spend. Just conjecture but they could afford moses easily.
Tigers were still paying part of Suli's contract this year. Milne would possibly still count in their cap too.

They spent a small fortune on recruitment. Reynolds was in hot demand, Benji won't come cheap, Brooks was in a bidding war too. Sure Woods and Tedesco left, but you also had to upgrade Marsters. Lolohea wouldn't have come cheap either.

Nobody really knows the extent of the cap.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Dogs arent forced to do anything. Situations change. Hill didn't lie at the time as he didnt have any offers for Mbye. And if Tigers approached dogs then it is in best interests of the club to reassess situation and make best decision for club going forward

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dogs arent forced to do anything. Situations change. Hill didn't lie at the time as he didnt have any offers for Mbye. And if Tigers approached dogs then it is in best interests of the club to reassess situation and make best decision for club going forward
Perhaps Hill and co shouldn’t make bold statements and save face by not promising so much and keep it real.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure Hill said they wouldn't be approaching other clubs selling players off. IF another club approached them, then that's a different story and then negotiations are on the table.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If the media can lie, why can't he to protect our interests?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hill said we're not shopping players but would be open to discussions if the right offer came along. So no he didn't lie. He's got to do what's in the best long term interests of the club. If that means freeing up decent $''s by moving someone on so be it.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Dude, you sound like a jilted ex-girlfriend....oh he said he loved me. Ffs it’s business.

Status
Not open for further replies.