Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah but one thing everyone needs to remember is that the Panthers have a state of the art Rugby League Academy that the Panthers group built for them for $22 million.

They also nurture talent and control all the Penrith junior grades from like Under 8s upwards. Panthers pour over a million a year into junior leagues (more than double any other club), and yet still have nothing much to show for it.
Exactly, I'll be moving my son to the Penrith district once he hits under 8's. Or even earlier.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So can someone please remind me what has Penrith achieved??
I’m confused, the rise of Penrith??
What did they rise to??
Last GF was in 2003 .
Achieved nothing except semi finals the last 2 years. If success is Gona take that long then I would rather take our approach looking for instant success.
It's like telling panthers supporters 5 years ago just be patient and wait 10 years we will get you a premiership but not guaranteed. Shit approach

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When were penrith successful ?
I must've missed that ?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think the point is being missed by most.. neither of the club's achieved anything over the past 6 years.. but looking forward Panthers are looking capable of sustaining a really competitive team and the bulldogs look like they will struggle to put a competitive team together in the foreseeable future..
No team can sustain a premiership team except Melbourne and brisbane (wonder why).
If the panthers even come close to winning a comp, the value of all their players will double, their eyes will light up at all the vp commodores and bundy rums they can buy, and they’ll walk.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wasn't comparing junior base sizes.
I agree that their juniors base has always been much larger than ours but it didn't stop us tapping into the country NSW or QLD and NZ junior talents,
The whole debacle started when Greenberg announced that it's a waste of money investing and nurturing young talents then loose them to other clubs, what followed was worse, Hasler and Cleal butchered our roster and refused young talents such as L. Mitchel, C. Watson and Munster.
Now we are paying for it !!!
Tbh, the rot set in, long before hasler and Greenberg came.
Every real superstar we’ve had in the last 20 years were brought in by mulholland. He virtually assembled the 04 premiership team (sbw, asotasi, mason, matuia, Anasta, shifty, jt) and when he returned to the club he brought in barba.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Relax guys,so what's new.Bulldog fans have a thick battle hardened skin,so don't let some fancy website journo upset you.It's easy to write an article or hit his forum and put this hillbilly jerk in place.We've been there tons of times and we always come out giving everyone the royal finger.
Remember guys we are the Bulldogs,we might be in a hole,thanks to Manly's planned sabotage.Putrid ***** couldn't bear the thought that we achieved more then them.
We'll dig our way out,we just need to be smarter with our 3rd party deals and scouting.
It would help if the NSW government handed us some freebies like they did with Penrith.
So Penrith got quantity,big shit,we produce quality.This time around there will be hell to pay if our club does not retain our up and coming young guns.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Penrith haven’t made a gf. They’ve lost Moylan and will lose mansour this year.,. They’ll also lose Cleary in the next few. Penrith may have been building long term for failure.

Micko1979

Waterboy
Reaction score
This is a very poor stretch. We have been much better than Penrith over the timeframes. We simply do not have the junior base Penrith has. We have always been a stronger club and better at attracting experienced first graders or rep level players.

The problem I see it is that we simply need to cheat the cap these days to win the comp. we have the money so may as well try

berries67

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Penrith worked hard for several years to build a strong base and now look competitive for the long term. Panthers supporters can have realistic hopes of winning a prenmiership over the next few years. The Bulldogs chased short term success and have been left in a mess which could take years to clean up. I cant see the Bulldogs having a realistic shot at a Premiership for many years. For long term competitiveness, I dont like to say it, but I think Penrith have done better.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Didnt even bother reading that... assuming its constructed by a Panthers fan...
Keep in mind yes they are beating us on the ladder, but they have been medicore and havent won shit bar reserve grade comps (mostly 20's).... couple that with us effectively beating them 2 times this season... Who knows what will happen on friday, but either way fuck Penrith!

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Penrith haven't won anything.
Not to mention this year and last year they had one of the easiest draw in the comp.

Penrith only beat 1 or 2 top 8 teams last year from memory.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tbh, the rot set in, long before hasler and Greenberg came.
Every real superstar we’ve had in the last 20 years were brought in by mulholland. He virtually assembled the 04 premiership team (sbw, asotasi, mason, matuia, Anasta, shifty, jt) and when he returned to the club he brought in barba.
I think you’ll find that 04 premiership side was assembled by Mark Hughes.

Ben Barba was signed by Keith Onslow.

Mulholland was with us from season 08-10 sensational at strengthening our HM, SG Ball & U21s, his most notable signings D Klemmer & Sam Kasiano

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Penrith have a massive base of juniors which they nurture and develop. I played in that system myself and although it was heavy on politics they did focus very hard on junior development.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since 2012 how many titles have the Panthers won?
Since 2012 how many grand finals have the Panthers made?
Since 2012 how many Panthers players have won the Dally M?
Since 2012 how many rep players have the Panthers developed?

Pretty sure we best the Panthers in all of these. Until they win something they are nothing but hype

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yeah let's be a club that a few team mates fuck another team mates pro surfing misses and have to leave.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah but one thing everyone needs to remember is that the Panthers have a state of the art Rugby League Academy that the Panthers group built for them for $22 million.

They also nurture talent and control all the Penrith junior grades from like Under 8s upwards. Panthers pour over a million a year into junior leagues (more than double any other club), and yet still have nothing much to show for it.
Surely that should come out of THEIR soft cap?

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sobering. Penrith are on the rise, and we are on the decline.... there's actually a chance that we will get the Spoon this year, which is a horrific prospect for our once proud club.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bullshit article.

even though we have been declining in our performance since 2012 and panthers have been improving, yet we achieved a minor premiership and a 2 x GFs.

its like Bill gates loses his ranking in worlds richest people list and becomes no.3 richest person from no.1 and in the same period I increase my net wealth from $10,000 to $ 20,000. I started calling my self better than Bill Gates and some how he is shit when it comes to making money and I am great. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.