Devastated but excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have never in my life seen a team loose by 18 points and probly should have won the game, 2 times there was 12 point turn arounds , when Mbye kicked instead of passing , Danny puts the ball on the toe , and Ado Carr intercept when we were going to score. Rfm , Foran , Mbye and Woods have completel changed our game. If they play like that they will win most games

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Looking at many of the other games so far in opening round, I don't think any other side out there would have escaped with a lesser scoreline last night (and that's being honest - now bw colour glasses).

Storm were certainly up for the game, plus they haven't lost an opening round game in 14 years!

Two of their tries were flukes, and another from a clear forward pass. We also bombed a few. In short, it appears we can stick very close to (who currently is) the 2018 season leader. If that isn't exciting nothing is!

Storm are the benchmark for 2018, and I believe honestly if we can hold them like we did last night, there isn't a team we can't get close to (if not beat) in this comp.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Looking at many of the other games so far in opening round, I don't think any other side out there would have escaped with a lesser scoreline last night (and that's being honest - now bw colour glasses).

Storm were certainly up for the game, plus they haven't lost an opening round game in 14 years!

Two of their tries were flukes, and another from a clear forward pass. We also bombed a few. In short, it appears we can stick very close to (who currently is) the 2018 season leader. If that isn't exciting nothing is!

Storm are the benchmark for 2018, and I believe honestly if we can hold them like we did last night, there isn't a team we can't get close to (if not beat) in this comp.
Honestly there were a lot of positives even though we lost. I'll give us the first 2-3 rounds to see how things look.

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tough game next week for us, many tip the Roosters to win the Premiership this year, and they will be smarting about losing to the Tigers. We just need to keep improving and focussed.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can’t take this thread seriously when you say loose but mean lose*
It seems people are happy with a loss so long as our attack is ‘pretty’ and totally fabulous with the luscious hair of woods flowing through the air like a radiant divine entity. In my opinion nothing yesterday reminded me of the dogs of war. There was no bruising defence. Without that brusining defence there’s no dogs of war in my opinion.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Bro but excuses won’t get us a win! Fuck the refs fuck the flukes. Dogs of war wouldjust steam roll their way in to the lead no matter the obstacles no matter the benchmark. Hence dogs of war.
It’s way too early to say but if we don’t improve I think it’s fair to say the playing group we have is just as responsible as Hasler in regards to on field results.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Bro but excuses won’t get us a win! Fuck the refs fuck the flukes. Dogs of war wouldjust steam roll their way in to the lead no matter the obstacles no matter the benchmark. Hence dogs of war.
It’s way too early to say but if we don’t improve I think it’s fair to say the playing group we have is just as responsible as Hasler in regards to on field results.
The game has changed. Dogs of War takes too much juice and you can be the better team for 75 minutes and some flukey speedster wins the game against you...these days you generally cant defend a lead for long. We have to score points as well and develop an allround game.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The game has changed. Dogs of War takes too much juice and you can be the better team for 75 minutes and some flukey speedster wins the game against you...these days you generally cant defend a lead for long. We have to score points as well and develop an allround game.
I’m not suggesting we just defend. We witnessed what just defending does with Hasler. But without a solid defence line you’re not going to protect any points scored like last night. So I’m saying what’s the point of having great attacking prowess without a defence that can compliment it?
Also the reason I keep references the ‘dogs of war’ is coz that’s what pay and co have been boasting all off season. So obviously I’m going to be looking out for a dogs of war game plan, to which I saw none last night.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I’m not suggesting we just defend. We witnessed what just defending does with Hasler. But without a solid defence line you’re not going to protect any points scored like last night. So I’m saying what’s the point of having great attacking prowess without a defence that can compliment it?
Also the reason I keep references the ‘dogs of war’ is coz that’s what pay and co have been boasting all off season. So obviously I’m going to be looking out for a dogs of war game plan, to which I saw none last night.
Fair enough...lack of match fitness was telling. A lot of teams will get beaten by Storm worse than 18 points differential. The problems were there for all to see. The bench too similar and offered nothing. Pay needs to fix it right away to stamp his authority. Up to him and we'll see what kind of coach he will be.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It's only round 1, there were some positives and negatives to take out of the match. First couple of rounds are always a bit of a cluster fk with all kinds of random scores happening.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fair enough...lack of match fitness was telling. A lot of teams will get beaten by Storm worse than 18 points differential. The problems were there for all to see. The bench too similar and offered nothing. Pay needs to fix it right away to stamp his authority. Up to him and we'll see what kind of coach he will be.
Yeah when I first saw the team list I think I remember say I got lethargic from reading the bench. There’s literally no impact player on the bench. And you’re right, pay better stamp his authority now otherwise I can see this being a long fucken season. But I don’t wanna get too depressed from round 1. But it’s hard when all off season the bulldogs have been saying be prepared for a more competitive dogs of war bulldog DNA team lol.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's only round 1, there were some positives and negatives to take out of the match. First couple of rounds are always a bit of a cluster fk with all kinds of random scores happening.
I was very happy seeing mbye break the line on his first run, it reminded me of barba mainly coz they’re both blackish :grinning: lol.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I was very happy seeing mbye break the line on his first run, it reminded me of barba mainly coz they’re both blackish :grinning: lol.
haha yeah i was pretty excited by that and especially not long after when scored in that first set.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
haha yeah i was pretty excited by that and especially not long after when scored in that first set.
Yeah the thing is, over the years my observations have told me this. When we score a quick too easy try, chances are the other team will score as well and 85% of the time win the game. Thats actual scientific observation right there over the past 20 or so years of watching the dogs.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah the thing is, over the years my observations have told me this. When we score a quick too easy try, chances are the other team will score as well and 85% of the time win the game. Thats actual scientific observation right there over the past 20 or so years of watching the dogs.
I was actually worried when we scored quickly as per your scientific evidence lol

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fualalo is not a loose forward he was ineffective last night. He should be our 1st interchange for Klemmer:Woods
Eastwood is clearly not match fit & Tolman & Elliott offered very little impact from the bench.
Eastwood should play long minutes in the state cup for the next 2-3weeks to get some fitness in the legs & Tualau on the bench. Tolman or Elliott as our lock/loose forward..for now
The Storm are masters at controlling the tick speed both in defence and ball in hand.
They are still the benchmark

Status
Not open for further replies.