Des takes players away from training

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just heard on Matty Johns show that Des cancelled video session and players went to lunch and had a few beers.
I remember in 95 after a flogging at Manly Terry Lamb and Chris Anderson took the team for beers and the team never looked back.
I'm not exactly sure this will have the same effect but maybe a couple of 'home truths' were voiced and the team can move forward from the poor display over the weekend

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We need a coach who changes our GAME PLAN.

We don't have players with the talent of dymock, Smith, lamb, pay Hetherington polla mounter etc etc

That team was talented this one isn't.

We need a new coach with a new game plan

Fuck you des

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's starting to sound like Matt Elliot when he tried to save the Panthers by doing weird little things like getting each other to have staring contests before the game.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think a different approach is needed. At any level when the coach cancels training for beers I know it makes the players happier and ready for the next game lol

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think its probably a mentality thing within the team that had produced the listing streak. Hopefully if he's done this it's a deliberate move to get them to do some soul searching and for the hell up for the rest of the season. We aren't in a good position but I'm still hopeful that we can at least make the finals and give Reynolds a positive send off year.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Being in a team environment this could be helpful. Playing under Des would be very monotonous kinda like our playing style. ..this could be the start of some sought of change. ..

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Throw caution to the wind.

Remember the Eels in 09? They were coming near last towards the end of the season. I remember they played the Titans on a Monday and they completely changed the way they played, they played care free, throwing the ball around hot potato and it stuck and we all saw what happened.

What do we have to lose?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I actually think this is a positive move. Flogging the players is not going to change anything. Its not the physical aspect that is lacking, its mental. Even blind freddy can see that there has been far too many off field distractions this year between, will des remain, will certain players be moved on, reynolds signing elsewhere, is foran coming, is woods coming, is tedesco coming, castle standing down etc etc. Its been a fucking circus!!! Its normally teams like the tigers, dragons, eels etc who have this many off field issues, but i guess its our turn, and its taking its toll massively.
The players are all professional athletes and they should be focused on the job they are being paid to do, but the reality is that they are all guman and all of the off field issues take their toll eventually. Human emotion is a powerful thing, and its incredibly hard to ignore.
Thankfully this is surely rock bottom and the only way is up. As critical as everyone including myself have been, we do have a pretty decent football team. They are certainly better then they are showing. So maybe a good sit down together and a few home truths is what they need to pull together and get this season back on track.
IIm not expecting miracles, but i am expecting the team to finish the year strongly and not become the NRL whipping boys. I hope im not wrong.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Please man

How is a day away going to change

Holland
Mbye
Lichaa slow service
Hoppas lack of pace
Brenko defence
Tolman and graham both being workhorse and nothing else
Kasiano smoking

Fuck all is going to change until hasbeen pisses off and that's not going to happen until the end of next season because the board were promised foran

Foran ain't changing shit with hasbeen as coach

Status
Not open for further replies.