News DES SACKED: Manly axe club legend

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the whole pride jersey debacle has to go down as one of Oz sports greatest fuck-ups. Manly and Hasler have been a complete basket-case ever since. This is what happens when you let marketing departments make important decisions.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
What a fuck up by manly as a whole. honestly the rainbow jersey fked them good

reports are saying his football department signed off on the jersey

they don’t want to pay him out the full amount he is owed

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seibold is the Adam Gase of the NRL. How does he keep getting jobs despite being rubbish?

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All things aside, fuck I'm glad the Penns don't run our club.

They will send manly to its rightful place

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think without the rainbow jersey bs they still struggle to make the 8, maybe their losses might not have been so big, If they make the 8 I'd say they exit the first week.

As for Hasler he is a coaching dinosaur and he didn't get to leave on his own terms from Manly for the second time. No doubt a desperate club will pick him up at some stage and he keeps getting payouts so I'm sure the money eases the pain. A few months earlier and I'm sure the tigers or warriors would have taken him on.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He will try weisel some money out of them like he did with us, surely his coaching career is over, 2 sackings in a row
That might be true in other spheres of activity, but not in football, or sports administration in general. Warren Ryan (IMO the best coach that ever drew breath) was sacked, or left in less than congenial circumstances, from Canterbury, Balmain, and Newcastle. Closer to home, Raelene Castle was booted from the Dogs and Australian Rugby (although both sackings were presented as "mutual decisions"), before sliding into another cushy job in Sports, New Zealand.

Somebody will take Des, and, if they can make him stick to coaching and keep him away from recruitment or the salary cap, they might even get a result out of him.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That might be true in other spheres of activity, but not in football, or sports administration in general. Warren Ryan (IMO the best coach that ever drew breath) was sacked, or left in less than congenial circumstances, from Canterbury, Balmain, and Newcastle. Closer to home, Raelene Castle was booted from the Dogs and Australian Rugby (although both sackings were presented as "mutual decisions"), before sliding into another cushy job in Sports, New Zealand.

Somebody will take Des, and, if they can make him stick to coaching and keep him away from recruitment or the salary cap, they might even get a result out of him.
Fair point but imo if he trys to get a pay out from manly then that will be the red flag for clubs, taking 2 teams to court for compensation after a sacking surely will affect teams looking at him in future