Des Hasler

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think we should be ruthless and sack Pay regardless if a top coach is available. If no top coach is available give Pay one more year and we reassess mid/end of season. Again if a top coach is available (for 2022) we should be ruthless. If Pay under performs when we have "the roster" and doesn't meet expectations (which is going to be in or around the eight, it depends who we sign) than I'd move him on for the next best thing, assistant or super league coach. We have to do the best thing for the club and team.
I would like to se Mick Ennis coaching one of our lower grade teams instead of Canberra, I think he will be an exceptional head coach one day!

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to do the right thing with Deano and that does not mean "sack him"! hopefully we are not a club like that anymore.......TBH and IMO I believe we should extend Deans contract for one year only so he can have a crack at a much better playing roster for next year when we have a shit load of money to spend first!

Why would you get rid of a guy who inherited a playing roster which he has been working with these past 2 years FFS! He has been pushing shit up hill with a pointy stick and has not been able to rectify the situation with what he has been inherited with, he needs to be given the opportunity to show what he's got after we land him with some quality players in key positions. ( Hooker, another back rower "Bateman"maybe? get that new English front rower over here earlier + another quality Front rower and find a big fast quality centre.

I repeat, extend his contract to the end of 2021 is the right thing to do to get the monkey off his back for this year so he feels motivated and more comfortable and capable of in 2021 moving forward. I would be pissed off if they got rid of our Head Coach right now at the start of the 2020 season after all we did push Parramatta all the way in round one and Parramatta is considered as a contender in 2021.

We have waited this long for the cash to be spent so we can wait a little longer, why sack Dean after all the hard work then give all the goodies to someone new? Its not right!!
I don’t know why you would want to sign him another year .
In 2 and a bit years what has he shown to be a top line coach .
Forget about the shit roster.

Has the style of play improved ?
Have players improved under his tutelage?
Has the team had a winning run when a chance at making the 8?
Has the team been on a upward trajectory so you can say we improving year or year and keep giving him a chance ?

nope , if he wasn’t a former bulldog player you wouldn’t be giving him a 4th year ams we haven’t even gone into the players playing out of position , good juniors not getting a crack etc

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The new board sacked it and paid Des a million and now his Manly team are finals if not top 4 Certs

Meanwhile back at Belmore ....crickets..... lone wolf howling ..... ants pissing on cotton ...tumbleweed blowing

Richard Akkari

New Pup
Reaction score
This guy got away with murder or at least highway robbery with us and now he's getting the acolades!

Once again he's walked into an established and talented side and he’s reaping the rewards for it. I feel for the Sea Eagles because they’ll be where we are soon in a few years when those back ended contracts catch up to them.

Then there’s the Bulldogs who are still reeling from what he did to us. He let go of true Bulldogs in his time and replaced them with Sea Eagles has-beens on big contracts. Ironically he’s now got Marty Taupau running out on his side after getting rid of him!

There’s no denying we somehow got worse with Pay since he’s come in, but this has all started from Des and we can’t forget that.

Dean Pay sadly is not an NRL coach. He kept the shit structures Des had and anything new he’s added has us even worse.

Tough time being a Bulldog supporter right now. I watch all the games and see former Bulldogs out there playing for other teams, while our side are imposters running in our proud colours.

We need a complete factory reset. Get rid of the players, get rid of the coaching staff and start again. This whole slow rebuild shit isn't working.
He had a gun to his head at our club because seriously, I’ve never seen such bad selections purchases & coaching plays
Explain negatives

Tolman, lichaa, trex etc

positives let go

cook , Taupau, finucane

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des seems to perform best as coach with someone else's roster. We gave him too much control in signing and shedding players. I remember reading that he had the same manager as Cooper Cronk when Cronk was looking for a Sydney club. Too bad for us Des didn't use that connection and sign Cronk instead of Foran.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
They are top four imo. Not sure what you watched last year and this year so far. Their roster went from looking like a bottom four team (2018) to a top four team (2019/20).
*bump 1 year later* to declare another kennel win for myself

since your comment the great des hasler coached manly have won 5 and lost 15 games including winning only 1 of their last 13 games (which came against us, basically saying that the only way hasler can win is play against a team that he sunk previously)

so the Rodzilla was correct and bradyk guaranteed is still not sure what he is watching because he has low IQ slow brain performance, like even now he thinks the rebuild is on course