Des Hasler

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Players make coaches and not the other way around hence when Bennett went to newcastle he did jack shit becuase they had jack shit.The problem for us is we have some sort of decent team but lack a couple of dynamic x factor positional players. Des with a good players at disposal like when at manly was able to innovate and stay ahead of the game but the game has caught up and even overtaken his structured and stubborn style.This was the season where we were promised a new style and that players were off the leash so to speak only because his hand was forced but it is evident he has not re invented himself or has the team to make him look good through decisions he has made along the way re recruitment and retention. He persists with his team and never drops on form or tries to inject some excitement into the line up . its an eye opener to see that when a player like Mitch brown or t rex goes to another club they are classed as fringe first graders but we stay true to there mediocre performances and sub standard play.If kevin moore dished out that crap last night hed been gone in a heartbeat and before anyone says otherwise moore was never given the chances like hasler or had the budgets and fotballing set up that hasler has wasted.It is time to rebuild from coach , players, ceo and board.A guy like Steve Mortimer was crucified for speaking the truth and here we lie with these results.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been a Canterbury supporter all my life and have had close contacts with the club through family over a long time, not recently however, like so many others on here we just love our team and always think we can win every game, because thats what we have been used to.
In all my years i can only recall a few 'disastrous ' games where nothing worked and all turned to poo, but i believe we are seeing it fairly regularly now, 2 games in the past 10 where we have scored zero points...nothing!
Look, love him or hate him the coach gets fired, thats professional sport and Hasler should not be any different.
I honestly dont care who is put in to replace him (except Taylor of course who is as toxic) there must be a change and we the fans should be demanding it.
The bottom of the barrel was hit yesterday and it aint a pretty place.
Des obviously wants to be sacked, so sack him and get rid of his filth from our club now!

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People will whinge and complain and want Hasler gone.

Then if that happens they'll whinge and complain as we continue to lose games, go through another few coaches, and lose players due to instability in coaching ranks.

Better the devil you know.

Besides who is out there who is better? Jason TayLOL ??

We can't continue with this Hasler sideshow. No one knows if the next coach is going to be better but that's the risk. If that fails, we try again. Our current coach and players will not deliver a premiership so why persist. Time for a new coach and spine.

Reactions: DT

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because she has turned the club from a fearsome, respected, and competitive club, into a pissweak cesspool of political correctness.

Want to know why people won't get fired? Because to her close enough is good enough.

When was the last time you heard her make a critical comment about the on field performances? She hasn't because she can't.

Everythings #proudtobeabulldog this, or "thanks for your feedback" that. Straight in one ear and out the other.

I can also tell you first hand (from being involved in something some people are trying to get started with the club) that she simply fobs shit off onto others and it never gets actioned. The "too hard basket" is filled to the brim.
Its not the CEO's job to criticise on field performance.

You seriously have no idea how a sporting organisation works, or you are a relative of Hasler

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Last week against the warriors it was a good laugh when they said the Bulldogs were kicking the ball trying to hit the roof. Is that what a nrl team are coached to do? Fuck my under 11s coach use to coach
Us shit like that.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
what about klemmer, he is a shadow of his former self.

yesterday he got completely dominated by Manly's light weights.
Yep Klemmer as well.
Imo he's not in good enough form to warrant his origin jersey, maybe they pick him purely based on aggression who knows. But yeah he's not a lock and shouldnt be playing 80.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bring in Dean Pay, a hard head and let him bitch slap whoever is not up to scratch

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

and how he runs in with a stiff arm trying to 'legally' replicate a shoulder charge.... dumb **** is going to hurt himself soon, as well as opening gaping holes in our defensive line.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't re-sign Pritchard who was our best edge runner and replace him with powder puff Eastwood.
Des is outdated on player recruiting and rotating the bench. Why wouldn't you start RFM instead of Eastwood?
Completely forgot about that fuck up too.. The other was letting Cook go

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
and how he runs in with a stiff arm trying to 'legally' replicate a shoulder charge.... dumb **** is going to hurt himself soon, as well as opening gaping holes in our defensive line.
another proof Des is a career killer

He almost killed Ennis's career, completely killed Graham, killed Tolman, killed J moz, tried to kill Cook but he was smart and left early , now he is killing Klemmer, Jacko and Kas,

I need to make this my sig

*The cancer needs to be nuked ASAP*

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des, When you came to our club you brought an aura of success, I remember you received a standing ovation in your first trial game as coach at Belmore! The expectation was set from that day! And we the fans believed in you and what you brought, and initially you delivered! But in the last two years things haven't been the same, and just like any relationship sometimes things have to end!

Des, please, if you have any respect for yourself and what you have achieved in the past, hand in your resignation in the next couple of days and leave with your head held high! You will be more respected for it, and the supporters memory of you will be that of respect!

Bulldogs fan for life!

Last edited:

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des is not interested in blooding younger talent purely because he only cares about renewing his contract. He feels he will have a higher percentage of getting more wins to validate the new contract by staying with the same roster day in & day out.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
@MasterP Some valid points you raise but at the end of the day mate loyalty ain't gonna win you any premierships.

Bbyss

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dear des,
Now days *when our backs kick return and make over 10 metres, I cheer like we scored a try...
*When halves kick and bounces before their backs, I cheer like we got a line drop out...
*when forwards play the ball after a tackle, big relief they held the ball...
*I feel like I'm watching junior league, where kids learn rugby league basics...
Lot more I can write but keep it short...
Why don't you do the same and kindly Foff

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad when the
Dear des,
Now days *when our backs kick return and make over 10 metres, I cheer like we scored a try...
*When halves kick and bounces before their backs, I cheer like we got a line drop out...
*when forwards play the ball after a tackle, big relief they held the ball...
*I feel like I'm watching junior league, where kids learn rugby league basics...
Lot more I can write but keep it short...
Why don't you do the same and kindly Foff[/QUOTE
Sad when this in relation to full time, professional rugby league players.

Status
Not open for further replies.