Des Hasler returns to Manly

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You think Hodko will sacked by the same coach at the same team twice?

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You think Hodko will sacked by the same coach at the same team twice?
He wasn't sacked @ Manly the first time.

Moore just offered him a truckload, and Hasler was cheering because he had DCE still playing NYC.

If anything, it would be Marty who will be affected by him most.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Moore just offered him a truckload, and Hasler was cheering because he had DCE still playing NYC.

Fair enough. Still feel bad for the bloke, can't escape DEStiny lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Des won't win another comp with Manly.

We are talking about a side that was so close to the spoon last year it wasn't funny. You can't blame the coach for all that.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All I heard this morning on the way to work on BSB were Manly fans falling all over themselves to welcome him back. " Yep we will do well now that we have someone back at the club who understands Manly, someone who has played for them".

Do they not remember what sort of shape he left the place in and all the in fighting between him and Penn. I can only see them butting heads again.

They have some good players but will be caught up in cap woes for the next two years at least. What's he going to do?? Back end deals to keep them???

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think Api will be most put out considering what he did to Ennis and Lichaa. Ennis recovered to win the title with the Sharks can't see the same happening with Lichaa.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Api will be most put out considering what he did to Ennis and Lichaa. Ennis recovered to win the title with the Sharks can't see the same happening with Lichaa.
Ennis offered nothing way way way before Hasler.......
Lichaa................... if he was anything special Sharks would have never let him go..........

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Y'know, we always talk about Dez' game plan, and sure it was an issue.. but do you think a spine of Reynolds, Mbye, Lichaa places better under another coach? those past couple of seasons? we were worse this year till a decent half came into the picture
which Muppet assembled that spine ??

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Dce is the most inconsistent half in the league apart from Ben hunt.Des is welcome to him they won’t win a chook raffle together

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wonder if the turbo brothers would be worried about des coming to the club. And his known coaching of telling players to become robots.
i suspect Jake Trobojevic would be stoked. Graham was allowed to be a half, im sure he would like the same luxury lol

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give it a few months. There’s no way all the crap with Des and Manly is water under the bridge. They won’t afford him the same control as they did previously and as a result he’ll get frustrated, tension between board and coach and then the wheels fall off. Shame there are some good players who will be affected by it. Saw it once at Manly, second time with us and now they’re going for 3rd time lucky!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Give it a few months. There’s no way all the crap with Des and Manly is water under the bridge. They won’t afford him the same control as they did previously and as a result he’ll get frustrated, tension between board and coach and then the wheels fall off. Shame there are some good players who will be affected by it. Saw it once at Manly, second time with us and now they’re going for 3rd time lucky!
That and have a $35 a week budget for the shittiest facilities and no state of the art stuff... that'll piss him off fast.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That and have a $35 a week budget for the shittiest facilities and no state of the art stuff... that'll piss him off fast.
Yeah well maybe he’ll have no choice but to coach football, rather than play mad scientist with his “high tech” facilities and believe he can turn Sam Perrett into Billy Slater.

They will improve on this season...a fair bit IMO. Players won’t get away with some of the soft shit they dished up this year under TB.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah well maybe he’ll have no choice but to coach football, rather than play mad scientist with his “high tech” facilities and believe he can turn Sam Perrett into Billy Slater.

They will improve on this season...a fair bit IMO. Players won’t get away with some of the soft shit they dished up this year under TB.
By far I suspect that is when Dessie was at his best. He got too involved in the bullshit tech and everything.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
By far I suspect that is when Dessie was at his best. He got too involved in the bullshit tech and everything.
I said it when he first joined the dogs and I’ll hold my theory that peptides were on the menu at manly when they were killing it. When that whole topic blew up all of a sudden a number of players went backwards. Theory only but as you say if all he’s doing is coaching without the science budget good luck. Protein shakes all the way!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Dessie has always been high tech, even at Manly.. it was core to his success.

Pretty sure he even new Dank!