Des Hasler hones in on Canterbury Bulldogs' inconsistency

Status
Not open for further replies.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Doesn't matter. A half running the ball will always be more effective than slow overpaid forwards. Grahams ball playing is so overrated, wish he never fucking came as we would have never adopted this terrible style of footy.
I don't think it's overrated, but more overused. It's a great option to have up your sleeve for limited set play use because his timing, control and handle is 1st class, but you're right - the halves should dictate more a lot more

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Too much talk. Didnt see anything different today
They had a ok game but are strugglimg to close it out. They also appear to be slowly improving from week to week. Josh Morris was good today. Perret has found some decent form. Reynolds is setting up tries. In the 7mins Garvey played he looked better then Lichaa. Hopefully Des sticks with 2 hookers.

Still huge amount of improvement required though.

bulldog_ando

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Doesn't matter. A half running the ball will always be more effective than slow overpaid forwards. Grahams ball playing is so overrated, wish he never fucking came as we would have never adopted this terrible style of footy.
He is way overrated. I put him on par with tolman both no punch whatsover. Honestly i dont know how some people rate him as the best forward in the world. There is no chance he is better than the likes of taumalolo or Bromwich, if he is i must be living on another planet.

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This will ultimately cost des his job, his loyalty to Our weak halves and his belief that his strictures can overcome our lack of creative controlling halves...He won't throw the cheque book at one cause it compromises our depth and cleal hasn't been able to poach one. The thing that shites me is that seizar would of gladly came back but we didn't make an offer..des always had a dominating halve during his successful years at manly..

This will ultimately cost des his job, his loyalty to Our weak halves and his belief that his strictures can overcome our lack of creative controlling halves...He won't throw the cheque book at one cause it compromises our depth and cleal hasn't been able to poach one. The thing that shites me is that seizar would of gladly came back but we didn't make an offer..des always had a dominating halve during his successful years at manly..
Looool sezer???? Because he has had so much success right??? Titans didn't even make the finals with him directing them is this what you would prefer mate a half that leads you to becoming a non semi final team?? Get a grip

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
* Canterbury have the best red zone defence of any team this year, conceding one try for every 25 tackles inside their 20 metre line.

Impressive IMO.
But have a look at how many consecutive sets we concede in our 20, either from restarts, penalties, or dropped ball. The stats are not as impressive when we are allowing them up to 24 consecutive plays.

BILLYK SPECIAL

Waterboy
Reaction score
Des needs to go! Bring in a coach that will actually improve the skills of each player and see the dogs play as a well rehears team. Not have an attitude of cluelessness when they're in the opposition 20

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Every team lifts to get the Bulldogs scalps which means the boys hardly ever get an easy game but the reality is thats the standard its going to take for the Dogs to have have a successful year, we gotta be clinical.
100% , that's why Des is big on 'under the radar' .
Our reputation for being the best and biggest defensive team
makes coaches and players harden up .

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone remembers the claim by Des, that if the team completes @ 80% or more we win , girdler on Triple M just said weve been completing at 80% or more and still losing games...
Des needs to watch the game and not rely on statistics

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
he's not ball playing this year, that's probably one of the issues.

The biggest issue is Des has inexperienced and talentless players like Lichaa,Mbye in key positions.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wow, obviously Des reads the kennel because we as fans have been saying that for the last few years. It seems the professor tag has been well earned realising exactly this, lol.

Does not take Einstein to come to that conclusion, just someone with a good pair of eyes and a massive dose of indigestion from the stress of watching the team play week in week out for 26 rounds , lol.

I do love my inconsistent team though and always wish better things for them.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We sitting on 5th with a lot of improvement to be had .hopefully that shit is sorted by years end and we will all be celebrating together.

Bbyss

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We sitting on 5th with a lot of improvement to be had .hopefully that shit is sorted by years end and we will all be celebrating together.
I don't think so and nothing will be sorted. With the refs not giving 50/50 calls and killing all our momentum each game but 1.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think so and nothing will be sorted. With the refs not giving 50/50 calls and killing all our momentum each game but 1.
Just trying to be optimistic bro lol ,im just hanging in there by a thread on this game altogether . Im seeing how a casual optimistic approach goes this year

Reactions: GDR
Status
Not open for further replies.