DES HASLER’S 400th game as coach.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright well i was kinda bored while dropping a turd in the toilet tonight, so I thought hey why not go over and have a read of the silvertails forum and see the reaction of the supporters about tonight’s game against the warriors.

And the funniest topic i clicked on was about jake turbo, how he has become a plodder and he’s stifle’s manly’s attack and he’s always taking settlers on the 4th lmao and then I continued reading and was seeing that some of the members imply and compare him to there very own tolman 2.0 and ffs I couldn’t help but laugh and I could honestly say it was so funny af, but also sad that des the myth has/his killing another players carer.IMG_5375.JPGIMG_5378.JPGView attachment 16345

Attachments

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The player has to take some responsibility, especially someone with Jake Trbojevic's reputation. In the final third a hit up should be his least used option (anywhere else go ahead, it's the "safe" option). It's only effective if he gets a quick play to ball, but why wait until the fourth to do that (and it isn't even guaranteed). He's at his best when he's being the link between the halves, passing out the back, a short ball to another forward or a grubber in behind (rare, but I've seen him do it). Reactive to the defence, heads up footy. He's good enough to do all of that so I really don't understand it (a ball playing lock is so important in today's game). I think this is a common trend for almost every team, it's just like they're going through the motions at times. You don't have to set up and wait until the fifth to attack.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The player has to take some responsibility, especially someone with Jake Trbojevic's reputation. In the final third a hit up should be his least used option (anywhere else go ahead, it's the "safe" option). It's only effective if he gets a quick play to ball, but why wait until the fourth to do that (and it isn't even guaranteed). He's at his best when he's being the link between the halves, passing out the back, a short ball to another forward or a grubber in behind (rare, but I've seen him do it). Reactive to the defence, heads up footy. He's good enough to do all of that so I really don't understand it (a ball playing lock is so important in today's game). I think this is a common trend for almost every team, it's just like they're going through the motions at times. You don't have to set up and wait until the fifth to attack.
He ain’t a lock full stop. iMHO he shouldn’t even be linking up with his half’s, the games moved from that style the style James graham played, yes sure some teams do it still but not as often has manly do. Jake is best suited at playing in number 10 he should be playing 60min a game not the full 80 and using his late footwork on the line and he used to offload, and ffs I haven’t seen one bone crunching tackle from him this year which was his best attribute he used to cut ***** in half now he seems like a penalty Magnet and also looks gassed and thinking about setting up the next play. Which shouldn’t be his job. Anyway that’s my view on it.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He ain’t a lock full stop. iMHO he shouldn’t even be linking up with his half’s, the games moved from that style the style James graham played, yes sure some teams do it still but not as often has manly do. Jake is best suited at playing in number 10 he should be playing 60min a game not the full 80 and using his late footwork on the line and he used to offload, and ffs I haven’t seen one bone crunching tackle from him this year which was his best attribute he used to cut c*** in half now he seems like a penalty Magnet and also looks gassed and thinking about setting up the next play. Which shouldn’t be his job. Anyway that’s my view on it.
Roosters were killing teams this year with Radley's ball playing from lock. I just know and have seen over the years Trbo having that skill set too (Radley more pace). It's subjective/personal preference what play style people prefer for each position. I really love a ball playing lock. All good to be different tho. I don't understand the settler on the fourth which is mainly what my post was about.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
In all honesty people whinge here but they lost their go forward Fonua Blake early and Taupau second half chasing points... both starting back rowers injured and didn’t play..as well as a few backs... hard work and they still having a crack at one of their best players.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In all honesty people whinge here but they lost their go forward Fonua Blake early and Taupau second half chasing points... both starting back rowers injured and didn’t play..as well as a few backs... hard work and they still having a crack at one of their best players.
Nobody is doubting that manly has copped some injuries in key positions and also the fact that they lost 2 of the go forward players in tonight’s game. and nobody said that manly wasn’t having a crack. The point of this post was about the similarities between tolman and jake turbo this year and how it’s really killing the influence of one of there most influential forwards. And hey i nor the guys on this forum are the only ones saying it, there actual fans are seeing it and are starting to doubt and question Dessie’s play book and his player selection. But hey they still having a crack.

Also Remember though the warriors trials and tribulations as well take that into account also.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol no way!!!!

I called this out to my mates tonight as well.

He played exactly like tolman tonight.

Maybe that's why des isn't trying to poach tolman from us, he already has a tolman 2.0

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Des wont promote any lower grade players either like he did with us unless someone got injured, Manly fans are starting to get restless as they can see the similarities.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Manly players and fans are even bigger whingers than some here!!

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking the other day how the trobojovinich brothers compare to the stewarts.

Glen eats jake alive. Almost not a contest at all. And Brett and Tom is almost a flip of the coin. Both have injury concerns. Tom is still in his infancies as a top level athlete. Easily the second best fullback in the game today and has a tremendous upside. But who would you rather. The Stewart’s or the trobojovichies in your team.

To be honest manly have been blessed with back to back brotherly Dynasties that will keep them there or there about for 2 decades. Good on them. Still great to see Des-truction go to work on them :p

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will fuck manly again back ended deals and what not and will waltz out of the joint and go somewhere else and they will be crying
Manly will become us boring playing style footy and we will be exciting again next year better attack

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
This.. they are badly depleted ... they should be judging the team at full strength... and earlier this year they were a force.... and some think our supporters are unreasonable...

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck Des and manly at the start of the year everyone was blowing smoke up des’s arse but he is slowly killing the creativity in manly’s attack lol
Dear manly fans welcome to hell we suffered through season after season
Suck Shit

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nobody is doubting that manly has copped some injuries in key positions and also the fact that they lost 2 of the go forward players in tonight’s game. and nobody said that manly wasn’t having a crack. The point of this post was about the similarities between tolman and jake turbo this year and how it’s really killing the influence of one of there most influential forwards. And hey i nor the guys on this forum are the only ones saying it, there actual fans are seeing it and are starting to doubt and question Dessie’s play book and his player selection. But hey they still having a crack.

Also Remember though the warriors trials and tribulations as well take that into account also.
Classic Des Hasler. While most NRL coaches rely on a playing list of 22-25, Hasler risks it all on a Top 20.
When a spate of injuries occur, he relies on talented youngsters & expects his topliners like Trbojevic to increase his workload. Week in week out it takes its toll & why Jake is too fatigued to effectively ball play(his natural game).
Eerily similar to how Hasler caused burnout to “footballers” at the Bulldogs.