Des Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I enjoyed the grind of the first say 30 minutes but what became apparent and got worse was the one out crap with bombs that we did. We had no attacking options and considering the possession we had it was embarrassing. I did like our defence. I think the rorters were crap considering the team they have but we were more crap. Golden opportunity missed as they were easily beatable. Woods started better but his errors are ridiculous and noticed about 3 penalties they didn't give against him in not touching the ball with his foot...he was very lucky. I thought it was a better game from him with the intention he showed in running the ball up but he is far from what I would expect of a marquee signing with a hefty paycheck. We lack attacking players and it's not hard to shut us down as Foran is it. Tackle Foran and it's game over..........
Yeah OK I too enjoyed the game less when I started to realise they had no change in game plan in the second half but I lived in hope for that flukey try or finally fatiguing the opposition for a last minute try.
I haven't seen much improvement in our attack with Foran .. I assumed that having him meant we'd see some pinpoint kicks and chases but they just don't seem to synch up .aarrgghh so I don't know what to do lol .. Must be a headache for any coach when the players can't seem to make it work on the day.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I did enjoy the fact we had lots of attacking opportunities, was nice to see us with the ball than not, just a pitty didn’t get over the chalk once ! Foran is past his best an carry some injuries, can he come right though? Yet to be seen.
That's why I think he needs to go back to the 6 where he played for Manly. Let one of the kids play 7 and give Foran more time to dictate the plays.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah OK I too enjoyed the game less when I started to realise they had no change in game plan in the second half but I lived in hope for that flukey try or finally fatiguing the opposition for a last minute try.
I haven't seen much improvement in our attack with Foran .. I assumed that having him meant we'd see some pinpoint kicks and chases but they just don't seem to synch up .aarrgghh so I don't know what to do lol .. Must be a headache for any coach when the players can't seem to make it work on the day.
Well let’s be happy they didn’t put 30 on us.. I am a little worried that we couldn’t score a try against 12 players..

Micko1979

Waterboy
Reaction score
Des ball or much better than Pay ball. Should have kept Hasler

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Nothing special I’m afraid.. Let’s see how he goes next week, no Pearce and will have more control..
He looks like a natural footy player...he was too shy BUT yeah Pearce being out opens the door for him. Best possible scenario for us as it turns out, sorry Pearce.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Des ball or much better than Pay ball. Should have kept Hasler
Cook, Finucane, Tapau, Hokko, Ennis, Pritchard to name a few. Didn't want Latrell Mitchell, Mitchell Moses and others. Played Mbye at half. Signed Hoppa and She Rex. Yeah we should have kept Hasler.....

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cook, Finucane, Tapau, Hokko, Ennis, Pritchard to name a few. Didn't want Latrell Mitchell, Mitchell Moses and others. Played Mbye at half. Signed Hoppa and She Rex. Yeah we should have kept Hasler.....
Exactly this !! What a loss of players.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He looks like a natural footy player...he was too shy BUT yeah Pearce being out opens the door for him. Best possible scenario for us as it turns out, sorry Pearce.
Let’s just hope more game time means experience that brings out the best in him, and he comes next year and absolutely kills it

Status
Not open for further replies.