Depth Issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
In 2002-2003 the dogs could field 2 teams that could beat most clubs in the NRL.
But for the second year in a row we had our "frindge" players leaving the club (which is unavoidable cause of the salary cap) and now i fear the 2005 squad hasnt got the quality in terms of depth in the team.
(example last year, Mason, Omeley, Anasta, get injured Thurston would come into the squad, Scott would start up front with price and either Maivai, Feeney, would join the bench) But this year this is a luxury we wont have.
Im not worried with our backs, cause we have Lolesi, Tonga, Utai, Harris or El Masri and one of these players will miss out if all are fit, but our halves and forwards have the problems this year, i just hope the Bulldogs "Production line" can continue to produce and hope the players we have bought can bring something to the team because thats the way we suceeded last year.

Because players WILL get injured during the year and i am very afraid for what our responce will be

I think either i have a point
or im going through PMS again (Pre March Stress)

A

atomic_crimson

PMS most definitely! hahaha

although we have recruited guys who are barely known in the nrl (played minor games) i think based on his track record we can trust folkesy with the production line...

just remember we apparently couldnt fill vagana's shoes? but we most certainly did... the WCC and trial matches will see how the guys fair.. obviously the season will start slower than we hoped but im sure folkes knows what he is doing...

bring in marty mitchell! :p haha

A

Anil

Bro, all im going to say is: -

*Marty Mitchel
*Cameron Phelps
*Nathan Armit
*Marvin Karavana
*Ben Czylawski
*Brett Oliver
*Lipina Kafusi
*Trevor Thurling
*Many more younger guys

I am pretty sure we are covered.

GoldCoastDogfan

Waterboy
Reaction score
we have nothing to worry about unlike the joksters we still have more then one player to help turn a game everyone thinks Finsh is so good but with no fittler next too hm everyone will see how overrated he really is

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Does Lipina Kafusi still play for the Bulldogs???
Or did his Visa expire???

M

MrCharisma

I think we may need to turn Ben Harris into a 2nd rower... we can't afford to keep someone like him in Premier League

2004 Premiers

yeah i see harris being a second rower/center and i dont think folkes will put either him or lolesi in premier league it would be a waste.

M

MrCharisma

Exactly.... Ben is a player of the future. He is awesome, has the build of a forward and has vital experience.

I was watching a few games from 2003 the other day and Ben Harris was just making ling break after line break and scoring tries. What happened to that Ben Harris?

2004 Premiers

MrCharisma said:
Exactly.... Ben is a player of the future. He is awesome, has the build of a forward and has vital experience.

I was watching a few games from 2003 the other day and Ben Harris was just making ling break after line break and scoring tries. What happened to that Ben Harris?
yeah i know he killed it in 2003 his debut was awesome against souths and i also remember the match where he scored a hatrick against the knights he was on fire but i think the injury really got to him.

M

MrCharisma

Well lets hope we see some solid plays from Ben in '05... I remember Gus Gould saying he was a future Origin player and I'd like to agree. All he needs to do now is live up to it

Anastabation

Reaction score
I would consider giving Harris a start off the bench. Alot of centres can play 2nd row and visa versa, if anyone fits this bill its harris due to his strengths lying in his physical nature and defense rather than his clevor footwork or ball skills. At the end of a half it would be handy to bring harris in to keep the defense honest and bring a fresh breath of 'pysicality' to the team.

MR GEORGE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ben harris really nailed them in defence in the last games this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.