Deitz... should he get a second chance

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Deitz should get another shot later in the year. He came into his debut having played a half dozen games in 18mths. He was underdone and the speed of FG and in those conditions, caught him out. He looked gased early on, probably a combo of the pace of the game and nervous energy. A couple months in reserve grade to get match conditioning and confidence and I think he could play a part at the middle to back end of the season. What else do we have to lose? Early days and we already know Katoa shouldn’t be the back up hooker or signed for 2022 and beyond. Give this bloke a fair crack and see if we have a decent 9 or better back up option on our hands for 2022. If he works out, he won’t break the bank to sign for another 1-2yrs. In that time he might take off, or some top 9s become available that we can chase. I’d say let’s not write this bloke off yet after 30min of FG football.

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We just stuck with 2 shit hookers and the worst game plan ever. After so many poor years under Pay/Hasler i didn't think our attack could be even worse but it actually is.

Our problems don't come down to 1 player but it does come down to 1 position and thats hooker Atm. And the fact we stuck with Jmk/Katoa shows how bad a state our roster is.

Jmk is fcuking useless no matter what our options are. I would rather even elliott at hooker over Jmk that's how bad i think of him.

You're explanation sounds like Des Hasler. Try the same thing over and over again expecting same result..
:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: Piss off moey, it’s just an opinion, and you have good points , but we can’t do a lot else . Jmk is 9 for now an that’s all there is too it !

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Deitz was given a chance to play due to JMK being ruled out in a rep game. But it's up to Deitz now to excel in the lower grades. The new rules allow players to be promoted after round 10 I think. So he should have enough reason to put 100% effort into training and on game day. If by that stage JMK and Katoa aren't cutting it and Deitz has made every post a winner it'll be a technicality that he should step into the top 17. The ball is in his court.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not that I rate JMK one single bit and yes I know it's only one game, but nothing told me Deitz is first grade standard.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes I watched that too. Could be the let down of going back to Mounties after playing first grade and all the publicity etc. He's given up his job as a teacher. Not really worth it to play for Mounties only.
lol, he gave up his job, you serious?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Worst case scenario he's waiting for 1 year to find another placement/school? Chase the dream.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Starling still can't crack the 17 at Canberra and won't unless Hodgson or Havilli get injured. I know he just re-signed last year but hopefully the club is exploring seeing if he wants a release later in the season if he's stuck in reserves and we still have a squad spot or two.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
We just stuck with 2 shit hookers and the worst game plan ever. After so many poor years under Pay/Hasler i didn't think our attack could be even worse but it actually is.

Our problems don't come down to 1 player but it does come down to 1 position and thats hooker Atm. And the fact we stuck with Jmk/Katoa shows how bad a state our roster is.

Jmk is fcuking useless no matter what our options are. I would rather even elliott at hooker over Jmk that's how bad i think of him.

You're explanation sounds like Des Hasler. Try the same thing over and over again expecting same result..
The **** cant even talk straight

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
JMK can be the world's best utility and join Dudbye at the Tigers

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I saw an interview where he said he had to give up his job because Barrett needed him more than he could train as a part timer. Pretty slack if we don't put him in the top 30 as soon as possible. He was teaching at an all girls school (private school I think). Had about 20 of his family at the game for his debut

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Who would want to debut in the first 5 rounds of our draw this year. We havent gelled yet and have Newcastle away, Penrith, Broncos (easiest game), then roosters and souths. So much chance to be made to look ordinary. Add to that running hookers dont tend to do as well in wet weather

TroopSalute

Kennel Participant
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
To be fair ... Dietz only started training with the first grade squad 3 weeks from his nrl debut, juggling a full-time job.

27 minutes, 18 tackles (2misses), 2 Tackle breaks... a reasonable effort all things considering.

Baz showed his faith by giving him a start, now it's up to him to do everything that's required to become a regular in Baz's 17 and if rumours are true about Brandon Smith arrival he could help him develop his game and find a permanent spot off the bench next year.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh course he deserves another chance, but I'd rather it be after at least 8 or so full game's in reggie's

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not being in the 30 he can't play till after round 11(?) I think it is...others will confirm.
However, after the point that he is able to play I would certainly bring him in. He can't be much worse than we have had & certainly looked to be more decisive when running.
Yep not in the 30. He actually had a fair try taken off him in reggies last weekend.