Degrees of Pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Fractured ribs have probably been my most painful injury, because there's not much you can do and simple things like ****ing breathing are excruciating, along with dislocating my shoulder - that wasn't much fun.

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
threw your back out? wtf does that mean. I always though that technically that wasnt possible?
its not literal, pretty much sometimes if you suddenly jolt the wrong way it f*cks up your back. aka throwing your back out. Ive always had back problems from when I was a kid so my back will always be more succeptable to injury.

luke

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
snapped my frenulum in thailand 10 years ago 2 weeks into a 6 month, trip to say me and the gf (now wife) didn't have a very romantic time in our time in france which was next stop is a understatement

Your Mum

Jorgie
Reaction score
1. Is there a form of 'pain' you like ? Getting inked up. Best pain EVAR!

2. What's the most excruciating episode you had to contend with ?Any episode of neighbours

3. What small injury did you suffer that hurt like hell ???When i fell on my skate trying to barge a girl on my derby team the other week. I couldnt get up for a while because the pain was unbearale. I still have a bruise on there covering most of my thigh and a haematomma thats formed. I couldnt walk for days without it hurting and stinging. That bruise hurt more than falling on the back of my head, face planting etc which ive previously done.

4. What massive injury did you suffer that didn't hurt at all ??? having a telegraph pole fall on my head when i was 3. Dont rememebr it at all.

parragirl01

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Alex the IPL one sounds bad and its the second time ive heard of someone getting burnt from it!! Now I'm completely turned off it. Did they compensate you or admit fault?

I'm accident prone but I've never had anything really serious happen to me. The pain i love is the sore muscle pain from the gym like others have mentioned. The most excruciating pain I experienced was scraping half the skin off my knee from rollerblading .

Lol @ the neighbors answer ^^

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
The pain of an appendix which was on the brink of rupturing... Not cool.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
i love neighbours :p

Donna and Natasha om nom nom

purpleskittles

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The pain of an appendix which was on the brink of rupturing... Not cool.
My father thought he had gas! four days later he is jaundice, in emergency, 4 hour op, 70 staples down the front of his belly to his crotch, sans 20kgs it was his appendix!

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
My father thought he had gas! four days later he is jaundice, in emergency, 4 hour op, 70 staples down the front of his belly to his crotch, sans 20kgs it was his appendix!
Damn! he must've had it bad...

But there was no way you could mistake what i had for GAS!!! I was feverish, throwing up, in constant agony on the day of my op... But I just have a tiny scar to show for it just below my waistline.
Took me a week-and-a-half to recover in hospital... and that was no cake-walk either. Luckily it happened when I was 12.

purpleskittles

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Damn! he must've had it bad...

But there was no way you could mistake what i had for GAS!!! I was feverish, throwing up, in constant agony on the day of my op... But I just have a tiny scar to show for it just below my waistline.
Took me a week-and-a-half to recover in hospital... and that was no cake-walk either. Luckily it happened when I was 12.
Well after he couldn't go to the toilet for a few days or eat or drink he thought constipation! Even the first hospital thought it was that. Two days later again we took him to my GP (thank **** we did - he never goes to teh doc) she said straight off the bat without an examination - jaundiced get to an emergency ward. The had to do a CAT Scan of his whole body to determine his appendix was perforated. They estimated it had been like so for at least two days and said had he not come to emergency, another 12 hours and he would have been dead.

The BEAR

ROAR talent
Reaction score
They estimated it had been like so for at least two days and said had he not come to emergency, another 12 hours and he would have been dead.
Yeah, I guess that's the thing that hits you the hardest. Just how risky a ruptured appendix is...
As soon as my folks were told by the doc that I'll die if I don't get operated on, the rest was a no-brainer.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
Oh thought of more ouchy things. When I was about 4 I was stung by a jellyfish from one shoulder, across my back to the opposite hip. I remember screaming lots and having to change the way I slept so I wouldn't lean on it.

Stepped on a nail when I was about 3. Lots of blood. Can't remember too much else about it though but I'm sure it would've hurt a bit.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Stepped on a nail when I was about 3. Lots of blood. Can't remember too much else about it though but I'm sure it would've hurt a bit.
Oh yeahhhh...

I did this about 4 years ago at a mate's house. They were doing renos, and I was walking around outside barefoot. Stepped on a plank of wood with those really long nails sticking up on the ground.

Both nails came right through the top of my foot, and somehow missing the tarsals. I had to step on the other side of the plank with my other foot and yank my caught foot up, haha.

Weirdest feeling.

purpleskittles

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess that's the thing that hits you the hardest. Just how risky a ruptured appendix is...
As soon as my folks were told by the doc that I'll die if I don't get operated on, the rest was a no-brainer.
Yeah it's crazy how an organ we don't really need can do so much damage. Soon as they discovered the problem they rang us (we had just left the hospital) and said he was going in for surgery. They'd attempt keyhole first, if the damage was too much they'd have to open him right up (which they did) so the op went from 9pm til 1am. I waited in the hospital and my god that was fkn scary! Dad was kept in ICU for a week, then in hospital for another. Appendix problems scare the crap out of me now - having seen dad go through that!

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
Oh yeahhhh...

I did this about 4 years ago at a mate's house. They were doing renos, and I was walking around outside barefoot. Stepped on a plank of wood with those really long nails sticking up on the ground.

Both nails came right through the top of my foot, and somehow missing the tarsals. I had to step on the other side of the plank with my other foot and yank my caught foot up, haha.

Weirdest feeling.
Brrrrrr that's making me feel yuck haha. Thankfully I can't remember how my nail was extracted. Probably mum yanked it out. Gosh mum's copped some gross things from me during my childhood.

purpleskittles

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ohs I broke my collar bone too! Anyone who has knows that there is no way of casting it up - fkn painful!

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Brrrrrr that's making me feel yuck haha. Thankfully I can't remember how my nail was extracted. Probably mum yanked it out. Gosh mum's copped some gross things from me during my childhood.
Blood was spraying out like a sprinkler everywhere....

Nah kidding. :p

Mums copped it from all of us, I reckon. I'm dreading the day I become one. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.