Defence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I have been plenty positive, however i'm putting realistic expectations on this side unlike a lot of people on here.

Our defence wasn't good enough, that's not whinging or being negative avout the side, it simply wasn't good enough. Meanwhile you have come up with some shit excuses and make an absolutely ridiculous claim such as "our defence was better than the Storm". That's just a blatant lie.

You never give any other sides credit for anything they do and constantly look for some ridiculous excuse to justify some outrageous claim. The dogs aren't perfect, other teams can be better than us and beat us because they performes better than us. Storm were that side on Saturday night.
If I'm honest, you come across like we should be winning every game by 40+, and anything less in unacceptable. Again that's just how it comes across.

Our defence may not have been good enough, but on paper it was better than Storms (less missed tackles and more effective). That said our entire team could make 2 missed tackles in that game, but if they lead to 2 tries and a loss, that's an issue.

My point is, our defence on paper is better than many other Round 1 sides, so really isn't cause for concern.

As above, 2 missed tackles = 2 tries (and that is indeed the case). The 3rd try (which made the difference) was a fluke by JAC. You'll be lucky to see a similar try in a decade of NRL games.

So in perspective, we aren't as bad as others seem to think we are.

I'm honestly giving us to Round 5 before I get concerned. If we can put in performances like we did against the Storm against benchmark sides, I think we are on the right track (given this was literally the first full 80 minute game with our "first grade side"), trial or otherwise.

We've had massive changes and can't expect to win every game straight away.

Your final point is my point exactly. Storm were better. But they fluked one try, and the other 2 were due to 2 missed tackles.

Defence was decent most of the night. Was just 2 costly lapses/misses, that's all.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
100 minutes into.our season and our defence is a big worry.. 1 man up cant say much better for our attack

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm not rating our assistant coaches. NO DOGS OF WAR. THEY ARE GONE. Get used to being run over.
They need to get the memo and hit *****. Hurt the fuckers. This is a disgrace

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Gotta wonder what the hell these blokes have been doing over the off season

Status
Not open for further replies.