Defence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Seems we weren't as bad as first thought with our defence.

Infact our defence was better than Storms, proving it as just a few fluke tries that cost us the game.

YELLOW = Winning Team

2ND lowest missed tackle count for a losing side.

upload_2018-3-12_17-40-24.png

2nd most effective tackles of any losing side.

upload_2018-3-12_17-41-42.png

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Infact our defence was better than Storms, proving it as just a few fluke tries that cost us the game.

YELLOW = Winning Team

View attachment 5267

View attachment 5268
Just no, our defence was absolutely not better than the Storms. Calling them "flukey tries" is just bullshit. The JAC try was off back of great defensive play. JAC made an excellent decision in defence and pressured Moses into an error, if JAC doesn't go in as hard as he did then we score. Instead the Storm go up the field and score and it's game over.

There's more to overall defence than just these 2 basics stats. Our line speed was poor, our ruck control was poor, crucial individual errors in defence, lack of pressure etc. That's why we were poor defensively.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
It was the crucial one on one misses that were most concerning. We can't afford to have our line broken so easily or so often. To have 36 points put on us was very disappointing.

The 2nd Spitter

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

YELLOW = Winning Team

View attachment 5267

View attachment 5268
Des would seriously blow his load at the intricacy of your statistical analysis.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
40 min trial. For a new team, new coach and structure wasn't enough to work on things especially against the storm . All good going forward though.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We finally get a spine that wiggles and our defence let's us down .
A classic case of now that we found the pussy we've lost the prick.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I must admit the Storm first try set off alarm bells in my head, like how much room did we give Solomona especially on our goal line, where was the compressed defence?

The second try conceded was due to Montoya unable to catch the ball as he tried to AFL style catch it (as an aside it was the worst game I have seen Montoya play)

Their 3rd try was because we struggled to get any field position out of our half resulting in bad kick and staggered d line then Munster gasses Jacko passes to JAC lights out

Their 4th try ( I can’t believe we gave up 4 in the first half of the first game of season) on the back of 7 tackle set...Munster one off the fkn ruck and still our fatties fall for dummy....

5th try, JAC got lucky but still put himself in that position to have the opportunity to make a great defensive play (this dude has smoked us every time we play)

6th try ....yeah just pure Fijian strength

In summary our defence in general was shit

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Just no, our defence was absolutely not better than the Storms. Calling them "flukey tries" is just bullshit. The JAC try was off back of great defensive play. JAC made an excellent decision in defence and pressured Moses into an error, if JAC doesn't go in as hard as he did then we score. Instead the Storm go up the field and score and it's game over.

There's more to overall defence than just these 2 basics stats. Our line speed was poor, our ruck control was poor, crucial individual errors in defence, lack of pressure etc. That's why we were poor defensively.
I'm starting to wonder if you are EVER happy with our club. You always seem to have to whinge about something. Rarely do I see something positive from you.

One try - Jackson concussed and Hoppa out of position.
Another try - Forward pass from Smith at dummy half, after being piggybacked penalites into our 30m line.
Another try - JAC offside by about 1m for the Mbye mistake/try. Fluke regardless.

Lets not forget:
Mbye blowing one try.
Fualalo blowing one try.
Frawley bombing one try.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if you are EVER happy with our club. You always seem to have to whinge about something. Rarely do I see something positive from you.

One try - Jackson concussed and Hoppa out of position.
Another try - Forward pass from Smith at dummy half, after being piggybacked penalites into our 30m line.
Another try - JAC offside by about 1m for the Mbye mistake/try. Fluke regardless.

Lets not forget:
Mbye blowing one try.
Fualalo blowing one try.
Frawley bombing one try.
I have been plenty positive, however i'm putting realistic expectations on this side unlike a lot of people on here.

Our defence wasn't good enough, that's not whinging or being negative avout the side, it simply wasn't good enough. Meanwhile you have come up with some shit excuses and make an absolutely ridiculous claim such as "our defence was better than the Storm". That's just a blatant lie.

You never give any other sides credit for anything they do and constantly look for some ridiculous excuse to justify some outrageous claim. The dogs aren't perfect, other teams can be better than us and beat us because they performes better than us. Storm were that side on Saturday night.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s ironic fans complain footy is turning into touch footy but bemoan they want more attacking prowess over solid defence. What made rugby league such a mans game is the brutal defence and the attacking finesse that followed from great defence. If I wanna watch touch footy I’ll watch female afl for fucks sake. If you want old school politically “offensive” masculine rugby league back vote for me.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s ironic fans complain footy is turning into touch footy but bemoan they want more attacking prowess over solid defence. What made rugby league such a mans game is the brutal defence and the attacking finesse that followed from great defence. If I wanna watch touch footy I’ll watch female afl for fucks sake. If you want old school offensive masculine rugby league back vote for me.
Thanks.
The dogs years ago were the most feared pack in the league simply because they moved up in defence and shook the ground with each tackle. After a few big hits on them, players from other sides, would go missing in action and then the dogs moved into attack mode. Blunt their attack, drive them backwards in defence and park the team on the oppositions quarter line and the tries will take care of themselves. Stand up and be counted forwards make every other side fear the sight of you.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The dogs years ago were the most feared pack in the league simply because they moved up in defence and shook the ground with each tackle. After a few big hits on them, players from other sides, would go missing in action and then the dogs moved into attack mode. Blunt their attack, drive them backwards in defence and park the team on the oppositions quarter line and the tries will take care of themselves. Stand up and be counted forwards make every other side fear the sight of you.
Exactly fucken right. It’s as if coz Hasler fucked our attack but kept our defence solid, has manipulated people into thinking that attacking is needed more than attack. Plus I’m starting to think if our players don’t improve, that it wasn’t just Hasler that fucked us but a mixture of his coaching along with dumb **** players. Off topic did you see how fkn toned kasiano looked? What in the fuck lol.
Wanted to add, when pay and co wanna boast aboutbulldog DNA and instilling dogs of war mentality you get ima be waiting to see that and will call it out if it’s not shown. I’m sick of talking *****.

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Positive are mbye was brilliant i thought.. our spine was ok including Frawley. I thought Frawley was ok besides these 2 crucial errors. All our starting forwards ran for over 100m besides Fualalo 88m. RFM is a beast and played 80. Our attack was good.

Negatives are our def was atrocious. Bench was shit besides Tolman who was ok. Our ruck def was shit they rolled though us way to easy. Jackson had a shocker for his standards. Eastwood and Elliot are a massive worry.
Eastwood played well in one trial and must have exhausted himself for the rest of the season.

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Exactly fucken right. It’s as if coz Hasler fucked our attack but kept our defence solid, has manipulated people into thinking that attacking is needed more than attack. Plus I’m starting to think if our players don’t improve, that it wasn’t just Hasler that fucked us but a mixture of his coaching along with dumb **** players. Off topic did you see how fkn toned kasiano looked? What in the fuck lol.
our forwards are like pussy cats with no claws. stand up and give it a go next week in recognition of all the great forwards we once had

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
our forwards are like pussy cats with no claws. stand up and give it a go next week in recognition of all the great forwards we once had
We too busy worrying about buying forwards that care more about their hair being fkn conditioned and silky fabulous than fkn running straight and breaking a fkn bone like men of old. I feel like such a faggot compared to those old school fellas tbh.
Worked part time or even fillltime and still trained and played their hearts out. Now ***** are crying the coaches don’t listen to them.

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We too busy worrying about buying forwards that care more about their hair being fkn conditioned and silky fabulous than fkn running straight and breaking a fkn bone like men of old. I feel like such a faggot compared to those old school fellas tbh.
Worked part time or even fillltime and still trained and played their hearts out. Now ***** are crying the coaches don’t listen to them.
Absolutely correct. the "old blokes" that put their bodies on the line in years gone by worked their asses off in a real full time job then turned up each week and worked their asses off again for the pride of playing for the dogs. If they won they got enough to pay for a round of drinks. Even the very average player today is getting something like $5000 a week and playing like they been overworked all week. And to think the average worker full time gets about $1100 per week and is expected to put his hand in his pocket each week to go to the game and watch these frilly lilies poncing around. Enough said!

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Absolutely correct. the "old blokes" that put their bodies on the line in years gone by worked their asses off in a real full time job then turned up each week and worked their asses off again for the pride of playing for the dogs. If they won they got enough to pay for a round of drinks. Even the very average player today is getting something like $5000 a week and playing like they been overworked all week. And to think the average worker full time gets about $1100 per week and is expected to put his hand in his pocket each week to go to the game and watch these frilly lilies poncing around. Enough said!
It’s fucken hilarious tbh. Makes sense why feminism is taking over hahaha. There’s no males left to contend the absurdity hahaha six for bringing politics but yeah couldn’t help myself lol.

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s fucken hilarious tbh. Makes sense why feminism is taking over hahaha. There’s no males left to contend the absurdity hahaha six for bringing politics but yeah couldn’t help myself lol.
lol how true is that.

Status
Not open for further replies.