Defence improvement

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
A lot has been talked about out attack in the first two games but our defence has improved out of sight.

Every try we have conceded can be put down to individual errors rather than a break down in the system. To have so many new players but look solid in defence is to be commended.

The next 4 weeks is going to be a real acid test for the defence and I’m excited to see how it holds up.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
A lot has been talked about out attack in the first two games but our defence has improved out of sight.

Every try we have conceded can be put down to individual errors rather than a break down in the system. To have so many new players but look solid in defence is to be commended.

The next 4 weeks is going to be a real acid test for the defence and I’m excited to see how it holds up.
Like most here my only concern will be Turbo and Garrick against Okunbur... If Barrett is dumb enough to let him hold his spot.

Not confident against Storm and Penrith, but reckon we can beat Manly and Souths

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Defense has been out of sight since last year. Especially goal line defense. Last year's team would have capitulated last night. I am more confident than last year we can hold our own and in return will frustrate teams.
The more we defend like we did so far this year, the more other teams will take us more seriously and we wont be the easybeats anymore. 1st step in getting club getting to where we need to be.

No okenbur last night and we win hands down. No questions asked. Its sad but it is what it is till Barrett replaces him.

Thankfully Saab is on Jacs side but Garrick will annihilate Okenbur if given a chance.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Our defence through the middle and on the goal line has improved a tonne. As have the line speed and kick pressure.. Credit to Baz, Furner or whoever has helped address that..

But our edges are still a massive problem defensively with Okunbur giving up 20 metres or a try every time they go left. Naden worries me defensively on the other side.

I feel like Nth Qld didn't exploit that often enough and neither did Brisbane in the first half but all second half they attacked Okunbur's side relentlessly and won the game because of it. With tougher games coming up, I expect teams to attack the edges even more and there could be some ugly scores..

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We will beat manly, our left edge is where the points are leaked..and why we lost the game. simple fix Baz .. dreadlocks GONE !!