Decision on 2020 Coach

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s rd fuckin 1 ffs ??
Way to early to be talking like this.
The ‘04 bulldogs would’ve lost to the warriors on the weekend.
No they wouldn’t off, some of the missed tackles were the laziest defending
Now your right it’s rd 1 and a long way to go
But no the 2004 would not of lost to that

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don’t sack him

Just lapse his contract

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The ‘04 bulldogs would’ve lost to the warriors on the weekend.
NZ played well but let's not go too crazy now lol. Man I miss the hit ups and pack mentality tackles of the Folkes era

Wholetthedogsout

Waterboy
Reaction score
Seriously? Like you have much choice - lol.
Lets see..........................

Coaches not signed up from 2020:
Brad Arthur - Coaching Parramatta since 2014. No silverware. 46% win rate
Paul McGregor - Coaching St George since 2014. No silverware. 50% win rate

Dean Pay - 1 year with dogs. 32 win rate
Took on the poison chalice (inherited issues from previous coaching and board decisions, overrated players, salary cap issues, broken marquee signings etc etc etc). I am in no way making up excuses for the man, after all - excuses are for losers. What i am saying is that you cannot objectively call for his head after such a small time frame. Team has changed, dynamics have changed, lost some faces and gained some new ones - it takes time to get the team to gel together, combos sorted and getting the right person in the right position(s)

People on here need to remember - The expert in anything was once a beginner.
And in keeping with the Bulldog's spirit - You are not defeated when you lose, You are defeated when you quit.

Go Dogs!
Love this and agree with your comments. I think the guy is smart. From the last press conference you could see he was frustrated but knew exactly what the issues were and that he needed to try and fix them quickly.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Love this and agree with your comments. I think the guy is smart. From the last press conference you could see he was frustrated but knew exactly what the issues were and that he needed to try and fix them quickly.
No effort, no urgency, no counter play, we got steamrolled. Left huge gaping holes in defence.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the salary cap..this comes from the lazy arse victim culture we've adopted..the bulldogs are feeling sorry for themselves like they're victims of abuse FFS .. It's very obvious in the way they talk about each other, the group hugs etc..
" there there it's not your fault it's the salary cap" , it's the media, it's the guy who circulated the big papi video etc..

I personally think our reserve grade would've done a wayyyyy better job on the field than this lot on Saturday

Last edited:

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We get ambushed by a "very" motivated team and its the end of the world to some of you!
I really think some of you know nothing about the game and expect and demand the boys to win by 50+ each week.
Let's grow up a little and pass judgement after at least 5-6 games.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We get ambushed by a "very" motivated team and its the end of the world to some of you!
I really think some of you know nothing about the game and expect and demand the boys to win by 50+ each week.
Mate. Alot of us were expecting a loss. But what happened against the warriors wasnt a loss. It was an embarrassment.

No other side that lost this round would be totally disappointed of their loss. Each losing team either had significant injuires or at least showed glimpses of a good pre-season.

Yes the warriors were at their best.

But we did not even put up a fight. We sat back on our heels and waited for full-time. We didn't look like we were even close to completing am effective set. Our combinations were non-existent.

We were poodles.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We played better and showed more promise round 1 last year..

Its not about losing.. i just cant look at anything on weekend in attack or defence as a positive and thats tye 1st game when players should be primed and ready to rip in..

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate. Alot of us were expecting a loss. But what happened against the warriors wasnt a loss. It was an embarrassment.

No other side that lost this round would be totally disappointed of their loss. Each losing team either had significant injuires or at least showed glimpses of a good pre-season.

Yes the warriors were at their best.

But we did not even put up a fight. We sat back on our heels and waited for full-time. We didn't look like we were even close to completing am effective set. Our combinations were non-existent.

We were poodles.
No argument, but let's not write off the team and coach just yet as a lot on this forum have done already.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No effort, no urgency, no counter play, we got steamrolled. Left huge gaping holes in defence.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the salary cap..this comes from the lazy arse victim culture we've adopted..the bulldogs are feeling sorry for themselves like they're victims of abuse FFS .. It's very obvious in the way they talk about each other, the group hugs etc..
" there there it's not your fault it's the salary cap" , it's the media, it's the guy who circulated the big papi video etc..

I personally think our reserve grade would've done a wayyyyy better job on the field than this lot on Saturday
Surprised you didn’t credit Georgallis for the reserve grade side’s win actually.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Holbrook and with him Walmaley and Robey.