Official December Update from CEO, Chairman & Head Coach(including confirmation of Kikau and Mahoney both 4 year deals)

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, can’t help with either Kikau or Mahoney at this time. I have no involvement there and none of my associates do either. Unlike some I only post when I know and when there is no conflict of interest or an NDA in place.

Always a Bulldog
Welcome to the Kennel, didn’t you know we all have inside information and we all know all the wheelings and dealings inside the club? Didn’t you know that?

If you’re not a board member, ceo, manager of football or the recruitment manager then your info is just as good as anyone else. And if you do hold one of those roles at the club then you shouldn’t be posting on a Internet forum.

Ask anyone on here, most of us enjoy the inside scoop and goss but we take it with a grain of salt. Get with it.

Go Dogs

Once a Bulldog…

Always a Bulldog

Together, Forever

Proud to be a Bulldog

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I genuinely think it’s Gus taking the high road and not disrespecting the clubs these guys still need to play for this year. If anyone is for the greater good of the game, it’s Gus, and reckon it’s his way of getting signings done now, because you basically have to, but leaving the fanfare for closer to when they’ll be here. Nothing more to it than that.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m a member and I haven’t received this email. Have checked the junk emails and nothing

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
"The Bulldogs are greatly looking forward to Viliame Kikau and Reed Mahoney joining them in 2023."

Not sure why no announcement before this.
Is this why they thinking of unloading Cotric and Thompson?
Are they over their heads already?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Is this why they thinking of unloading Cotric and Thompson?
Are they over their heads already?
No! We have 9 players off contract for 2023, so plenty of capacity.

Always a Bulldog

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be solely out of respect seeing these guys are contracted to their respective teams for 22, who knows? But agree it is unusual not to formally announce it in a more decorated way.
I was scratching my head at first, but now think it may have been to avoid the fanfare and not wanting to look like they're disrespecting their current clubs. Seeing as though they're not signed for next season and what happened with the leaked Kikau photo, they maybe wanted to keep it on the down low?

It also seems the club and Gus are playing it casual, not making a big deal about things and just getting the job done, although Gus posted that members email (in many tweets) for all of Twitter. Strange.

scottywilson

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m a member and don’t see it yet but glad to see something with club stating Mahoney.
I received the email as a football club member, not sure if season ticket holders got it aswell. Might be a ploy to get more memberships..

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
"The Bulldogs are greatly looking forward to Viliame Kikau and Reed Mahoney joining them in 2023."

Not sure why no announcement before this.
Farrrrk the level of negativity never ceases to amaze me.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is a poor way to confirm two marquee signings.......
[/QUOTE]
Why? I think the club know what they're doing. They tried to go about their business without fanfare and fuss yet some muppets couldn't help themselves by taking footage of Mahoney and Kikau causing a great deal of embarrassment to the club who are trying to be professional.

It was poor form to post Kikau's photo on social media in circumstances where the club had advised Penrith that they would make the announcement after their GF parade.

Would I like confirmation of signings. Yes I would however I trust JK etc so I'm happy for him to make announcements at appropriate times.

Reactions: TAS

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a poor way to confirm two marquee signings.......
Why? I think the club know what they're doing. They tried to go about their business without fanfare and fuss yet some muppets couldn't help themselves by taking footage of Mahoney and Kikau causing a great deal of embarrassment to the club who are trying to be professional.

It was poor form to post Kikau's photo on social media in circumstances where the club had advised Penrith that they would make the announcement after their GF parade.

Would I like confirmation of signings. Yes I would however I trust JK etc so I'm happy for him to make announcements at appropriate times.
[/QUOTE]
Dont get me wrong, I am a big fan of the current administration - JK, Warburton, Gus are all doing GREAT things; I haven't felt this positive in as long as I can remember.
BUT, I feel this is something the club could have showcased, be excited about quality signings - I dont think its disrespectful to the outgoing clubs.
They are the rules that the NRL implemented and everything we have done is above board with the exception of the Kikau photo leak.
That was 100% a bad look and I was pretty dirty on it myself, cant imagine how the club felt.

The fact is, the club knows too well what a bad patch it has been for loyal dogs fans, we have been crying for a quality #9 since they pushed Ennis/Cook out the door. I think it was a good time to rally the fans and show the signings for the successful moves that they are.

Again, I am not bagging the club or the board for this, I am 100% behind them, I just think that everyone else announces big signings like these and if people want to be mad about it, be mad at the NRL/RLPA for allowing contracts to be signed so far out.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love the way the club had a low key announcement of the signings for 2023. It shows to me that they a focused on 22 but still building for the future years.