Debate time: Brisbane woman denied barbershop haircut... at men's barbershop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Short hair does not belong on woman... simple. Exception is once you crack like late 40s or 50s, when you can get a "granny cut".

Strange lease agreement.

Love chicks with short hair!
You mean men with boobs?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes. Who cares what gender my hairdresser is. The main idea is hair cut + arousing hair wash = $20.

Weather they have a ding-a-ling or a wet-tunnel-of-love is not an issue.
Good to see that you're open when it comes to arousement.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You mustn’t be a wog. I have pubes all over.
Although, I reckon I’d get more if I shaved more regularly, but I let it get too long between shaves.
That's probably why. I shave every 2 days. If I don't I have an afro in no time.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Short hair does not belong on woman... simple. Exception is once you crack like late 40s or 50s, when you can get a "granny cut".

Strange lease agreement.

You mean men with boobs?
When we say "short hair" are we talking about the hair on her head or her chin?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My wife and I own a hair salon it's bitches like this that are sending us broke...........lol

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes. Who cares what gender my hairdresser is. The main idea is hair cut + arousing hair wash = $20.

Weather they have a ding-a-ling or a wet-tunnel-of-love is not an issue.
I have a chick cut my hair too because we have no barbers where i live so no choice but to go to a female hairdressers. Anyway the chick that does mine does a good job, plus she also trims my beard and eyebrows.

Also who doesn't mind some boobs being pushed in ur back or in ya face while she cuts ur hair :p

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I have a chick cut my hair too because we have no barbers where i live so no choice but to go to a female hairdressers. Anyway the chick that does mine does a good job, plus she also trims my beard and eyebrows.

Also who doesn't mind some boobs being pushed in ur back or in ya face while she cuts ur hair :p
True that homeboy. But bro do you live outside the Sydney metro area? Most suburbs or neighbouring suburbs around here have men's barber shops.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
As a dude with long hair I’ve just got to say you’re entitled to your opinions, but women are in no way obligated to wear them on their heads.

The barber seems pretty powerless to do anything if his lease prohibits him, but I have to say these non compete clauses are stupid... it’s the 21st century and they open the door ride open to certain complaints. Wouldn’t it be much jess problematic to insert a clause that barbers can only perform certain cuts rather than on certain genders.... ie if a woman wants a short back and sides, all good... if she wants a perm and highlights or other type of more tlsborate dtuke fit, she can go to a hairdresser or salon. It seems if barbers are short on business, they shouldn’t have to be turning it away.

I don’t know it’s really discriminatory to have a mens only barber shop. There are some businesses that cater specifically for women and that’s kinda a seperate debate, but a men’s only shop should at very least have to be clearly signposted and a barber should not be forced to embarrass and turn away customers because of a stupid lease clause.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The barber seems pretty powerless to do anything if his lease prohibits him, but I have to say these non compete clauses are stupid... it’s the 21st century and they open the door ride open to certain complaints. Wouldn’t it be much jess problematic to insert a clause that barbers can only perform certain cuts rather than on certain genders.... ie if a woman wants a short back and sides, all good... if she wants a perm and highlights or other type of more tlsborate dtuke fit, she can go to a hairdresser or salon. It seems if barbers are short on business, they shouldn’t have to be turning it away.

I don’t know it’s really discriminatory to have a mens only barber shop. There are some businesses that cater specifically for women and that’s kinda a seperate debate, but a men’s only shop should at very least have to be clearly signposted and a barber should not be forced to embarrass and turn away customers because of a stupid lease clause.
Didn't realise it was due to non compete clauses. Funny thing is centre would have the shits if they went arse up from lack of business and got NOTHING for a months rent then.

I get it cut at a hair studio that probably has 90% female clientele. I get the shits when my hairs too long (cut it about every 3 months), as it blows out and falls all over itself male bouffant style. In with a bouffant, out with #1 fade right up into a military style middle spiked sorta do.

For me I just don't find short hair attractive at all on females (even the pixie cut). Those females that do have short hair (granny cuts, etc) aren't in a group I'd find attractive anyway.

Luckily for me wifey has never decided to go too short. She did once (just above jawline) but ended up looking shit (her words not mine). Until it grew back she had to keep it in this tiny little pony tail.

Normally she has hair just about shoulder length. She also had an Aaron Woods cut at one point in time LOL.

OH OH OH OH OH ... you know what else looks REALLY shit... any woman (not child) with pigtails.. Once you hit like 16, that shits not acceptable.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
As a dude with long hair I’ve just got to say you’re entitled to your opinions, but women are in no way obligated to wear them on their heads.

I like the idea of specific haircuts. Difficult to police though. Maybe just say, "No perms, no colours, and if you're a woman you may not like what you end up with"

There's some women only businesses like Women's Only gyms but I think they're fair. They're designed so the women won't get harassed by men or perved on while they're trying to exercise. It's one of those factors of life that show that men and women are different and certain things that seem discriminatory are not necessarily discriminatory.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I like the idea of specific haircuts. Difficult to police though. Maybe just say, "No perms, no colours, and if you're a woman you may not like what you end up with"

There's some women only businesses like Women's Only gyms but I think they're fair. They're designed so the women won't get harassed by men or perved on while they're trying to exercise. It's one of those factors of life that show that men and women are different and certain things that seem discriminatory are not necessarily discriminatory.
Would gay men be welcomed at the woman's only gym? Or celibate men? The idea all men are likely to perv on or hassle females IS a little discriminatory IMO. But the idea of both women and men retaining some spaces for themselves doesn't really strike me as discriminatory.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Would gay men be welcomed at the woman's only gym? Or celibate men? The idea all men are likely to perv on or hassle females IS a little discriminatory IMO. But the idea of both women and men retaining some spaces for themselves doesn't really strike me as discriminatory.
Expecting it to happen with all men is discriminatory. But the fact is that women often avoid the gym because they get perved on by certain men. It's a protection thing. It's not saying that all men are perverts, just that women will feel safer without men around.

I just think of it one way. If you ask a large group of women if they would feel safer without men around and they honestly answer "yes" then give them their own gym. If they do the same to men and men answer "yes" then give them a men's only gym. I doubt the men would say "Yes" though other than the ones with very low self-esteem.

The other part is that some men avoid gyms 'cause they get hassled by other men. Fortunately there's many gyms out there that ban dickheads for being dickheads. It's a little harder to ban people for perving but they do ban people if they constantly harass women.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Expecting it to happen with all men is discriminatory. But the fact is that women often avoid the gym because they get perved on by certain men. It's a protection thing. It's not saying that all men are perverts, just that women will feel safer without men around.

I just think of it one way. If you ask a large group of women if they would feel safer without men around and they honestly answer "yes" then give them their own gym. If they do the same to men and men answer "yes" then give them a men's only gym. I doubt the men would say "Yes" though other than the ones with very low self-esteem.

The other part is that some men avoid gyms 'cause they get hassled by other men. Fortunately there's many gyms out there that ban dickheads for being dickheads. It's a little harder to ban people for perving but they do ban people if they constantly harass women.
I understand all that. You know I'm not stupid......but I still think it is inherently discriminatory to allow female only spaces as a society and not male only spaces. Barber shops used to be places where men sat around and told crude jokes without fear of being served with sexual harassment claims. Guys need spaces to be guys too....and I'm not in any way a blokey bloke. I don't even like that sort of humour. Safety is the wrong word I think....it's more about feeling comfortable. If men and women both had more spaces where they could be comfortable and get away from the whole battle of the sexes, men and women wouldn't be at each others throats s much on a societal level.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I haven't read through this all yet, but I concure.
My barba who I have been going to for years and years and take my son also his entire life,
That barba wouldn't trim my daughters hair either, said he not allowed to cut girls hair, I didn't ask why.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Zee is so horny he could root the hair of a barber shop floor

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I haven't read through this all yet, but I concure.
My barba who I have been going to for years and years and take my son also his entire life,
That barba wouldn't trim my daughters hair either, said he not allowed to cut girls hair, I didn't ask why.
Cutting women's hair is Haram

Status
Not open for further replies.