Dear Gus.....

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As I sit here contemplating the complete capitulation of the club that we love so much in season 2021,it occurs to me that you foretold this disaster at the start of the year. You told barret not to take this job and you where100% correct in your opinion around why he couldn’t do the job. At the time I could have cared less about your opinion and thought you where full of shit, in my defence we had just come through the des and pay era and I was probably a little shell shocked and thought barret couldn’t possibly be worse than what we had gone through with his predecessors. I was wrong. You where right. Please accept this as my unreserved Apology and sack Trent effective immediately and take control of the team until you can find us an NRL standard coach.
Thanks in advance
Maroondog72

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
As I sit here contemplating the complete capitulation of the club that we love so much in season 2021,it occurs to me that you foretold this disaster at the start of the year. You told barret not to take this job and you where100% correct in your opinion around why he couldn’t do the job. At the time I could have cared less about your opinion and thought you where full of shit, in my defence we had just come through the des and pay era and I was probably a little shell shocked and thought barret couldn’t possibly be worse than what we had gone through with his predecessors. I was wrong. You where right. Please accept this as my unreserved Apology and sack Trent effective immediately and take control of the team until you can find us an NRL standard coach.
Thanks in advance
Maroondog72
Mate I think Gus’ comments at the time were more a shot at The Anderson’s than at Trent’s coaching ability. Remember he referred to the ‘toxic mess’ at the club when he advised Trent not to take the job.

That said, I get where you’re coming from. This is the worst year I can remember in 4 decades of following this club. It’s worse than 2008 because that year we genuinely had a team of nobodies. This year with several recruits we’ve gone backwards. Easy to blame Trent and no doubt he has to wear a good chunk of the blame but there has to be more to it.

Gus obviously likes a challenge. My real interest right now is who still on contract he can show the door to, as most of the off contract blokes it’s a no brainer they’re gone except for who replaces them.

Sigh. Roll on 1 November…

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate I think Gus’ comments at the time were more a shot at The Anderson’s than at Trent’s coaching ability. Remember he referred to the ‘toxic mess’ at the club when he advised Trent not to take the job.

That said, I get where you’re coming from. This is the worst year I can remember in 4 decades of following this club. It’s worse than 2008 because that year we genuinely had a team of nobodies. This year with several recruits we’ve gone backwards. Easy to blame Trent and no doubt he has to wear a good chunk of the blame but there has to be more to it.

Gus obviously likes a challenge. My real interest right now is who still on contract he can show the door to, as most of the off contract blokes it’s a no brainer they’re gone except for who replaces them.

Sigh. Roll on 1 November…
Yeah DD it was mostly around the Anderson’s a the toxicity around the club but he also made some comments around Trent’s lack of experience to coach and manage our roster. I was willing to wait until next year with Barret but he’s not preparing the few decent players we have for the players we have coming next year, he’s damaging players like BBO week to week by the way he is playing them.
But in the end mate it’s just my way of getting some shit off my liver.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Barrett is looking like a massive flight risk atm.

If he coaches poorly next year he will go in the Seibold basket of never coaching in NRL again
Yeah I doubt he’s looking forward to 22 as much as we are

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Barrett is looking like a massive flight risk atm.

If he coaches poorly next year he will go in the Seibold basket of never coaching in NRL again
He’s got the first 8-10 rounds next year I’d say. Gus will already have a plan B in mind but it won’t be an experienced coach because that’s not how Gus operates, it will be another junior coach I’d say.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Good letter. I will make sure to read it to Gus next time I bump into him at the supermarket.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He’s got the first 8-10 rounds next year I’d say. Gus will already have a plan B in mind but it won’t be an experienced coach because that’s not how Gus operates, it will be another junior coach I’d say.
If you haven’t listened to it mate have a listen to his last six tackles podcast I was a little concerned around his comments about Brad Fittler and the type of club he should be coaching

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you haven’t listened to it mate have a listen to his last six tackles podcast I was a little concerned around his comments about Brad Fittler and the type of club he should be coaching
I’ll definitely have a listen, you’ve got me worried now.