Dear board, Sign Neil Henry as Head Coach

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Dear board, don't sign Neil Henry as Head Coach. I wouldn't even sign Paul Green to be coach who's the coach who replaced him at the Cowboys.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can't believe Paul Green's name is being thrown out there for any job. With the horrible job he's done at the Cowboys the last three seasons he'd be lucky to be a head coach anywhere again.

Henry is a solid coach who can turn a club around. He seems to wear out his welcome pretty quickly though and clashes with players (not including the diva coach killer Hayne) so I think we can do better.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't believe Paul Green's name is being thrown out there for any job. With the horrible job he's done at the Cowboys the last three seasons he'd be lucky to be a head coach anywhere again.

Henry is a solid coach who can turn a club around. He seems to wear out his welcome pretty quickly though and clashes with players (not including the diva coach killer Hayne) so I think we can do better.
Could he have learnt from that experience tho?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Could he have learnt from that experience tho?
Who? Henry? He's been fired from Nth Qld, Canberra and the Titans. He's too much of a hardass that players tune him out pretty quickly.

I think he's a smart coach but is bad at man management. Which is obviously a huge part of coaching, especially in this day and age where players are mentally weaker than ever.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure about Henry but quite obvious he’s a way better option than Barrett, not that that’s saying much

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Should just throw money at Bennett. It's what we need at this stage. Stability and recruiting nous.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Im surprised at the lack of mentioning Toovey.

He has fire, passion. Two keys things we need

stinkypinky

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need a hard ass coach that’s not afraid to drop under preforming players Neil Henry will be a good pick

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hook is the man for the job to right our ship. That's his speciality.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly. I'd rather Barrett than Green. He fluked a comp in 2015 with the help of the games best player but other than that he hasn't done much. The cowboys attack has been shit for years. I could live with Barrett but I'd be livid if we signed Green.

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’d go for griffin. He’s a hard arse and had Penrith playing very well and in the top 4 until he got sacked. Also he’s put a rocket up a lot of our under performing players on big bucks