Dean pay

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've just looked at the draw and his job is gone ,I hope they beat St George or his gone,I hope the board have someone in mind,and the bloke I'd be enticing is Trent Robinson,can attract players has a chequebook available and they only can get better,

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I've just looked at the draw and his job is gone ,I hope they beat St George or his gone,I hope the board have someone in mind,and the bloke I'd be enticing is Trent Robinson,can attract players has a chequebook available and they only can get better,
If he coaches us he will only have a $9.6m Salary Cap not the ~$13m worth of players he currently has. For some reason I don't think he will have quite the same results.

Go Dogs

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he coaches us he will only have a $9.6m Salary Cap not the ~$13m worth of players he currently has. For some reason I don't think he will have quite the same results.

Go Dogs
Sorry if I sound retarted but can you explain. That to me. ???

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry if I sound retarted but can you explain. That to me. ???
Let's try one example, if, say, Tedesco was on the open market what would we have to offer him in the Salary Cap to play for us? Is it $1.4m, $1.6m, $1.8m or higher? Now compare that to what the Chooks declare in their Salary Cap for him. Whether you believe the Chooks under the table, brown paper bag, cash in the Rolls Royce glovebox stories or not the fact is they declare less, a lot less, in their Salary Cap they we could for any given player. Hence they have what I value as a ~$13m roster which would make any coach look pretty good.

Go Dogs

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
The club lacks leadership. The previous board made many mistakes and had to go. The new board come in and had a heap of shit to deal with. The only positive in all the years is a few juniors coming through. We have a rubbish team, no sponsor, no leadership at the top. Our ceo hides in the shadows. Which established coach will want to come here unless they are desperate.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We will struggle to sign quality players, we had our chances in the past and never jumped at the opportunity’s or turned them down..

New coach, then this may/should attract players, we have been sitting ducks for a while, surely it’s about to hit the fan in a BIG way. and change happens VERY soon..!!

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
because the Roosters, Broncos and Storm play with a cap that is 30% more then anyone else in the comp.
Not the Storm and Broncos.. The have natural advantages of being a city team..

But the Rorer$ are on their own when it comes to signing quality rep players so often from other clubs..

The Rorter$ have had pretty much the best roster in the NRL 2013 till now..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Go Dogs
This year more like 6m salary cap for us.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why on earth would Robinson leave where he's won back to back comps for us?

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can we pls leave robinson or bellamy out of replacement coach discussion. Lol.
They seem happy where they are. Succesful too. Absolutely no reason to leave their current job or getting the sack.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are in a position when we can spend BIG next year and that's why a decision needs to be made to get rid of Pay for 2021. We need quality recruitment and we will not entice top quality players under Pay. We need a high profile coach like Flanagan. The club is not willing to pay overs for recruiting players and that in itself is a problem because we need to pay overs to entice players to come and play for a team that's struggling. Didn't the Andersons say they will be focusing on recruiting the best young players? Who the heck is in charge of recruitment? Honestly, we never hear what the hec is going on from our CEO. Nothing. Just negativity all the time. The fans have had a gutful of waiting soooo long for all the salary cap issues to subside and now that we have money to spend for next year we still can't attract quality players. yes, I understand Pay has has a crap roster to coach but his team selections and defensive coaching tactics leave alot to be desired. Everyone is sooo desperate for some good news that we hang onto every rumour thread about a potential signing. That's what has become of this once great club. for fuk sake we need some real leadership from the top. Stop with this bullshit bulldog DNA crap and sign the best people to lead our club. We have become the choir club where we only sign Mr Nice guys...why? Because we risk jeopardising our clubs reputation? We need to become ruthless, the club players want to come to. I just hope something changes quickly.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Let's try one example, if, say, Tedesco was on the open market what would we have to offer him in the Salary Cap to play for us? Is it $1.4m, $1.6m, $1.8m or higher? Now compare that to what the Chooks declare in their Salary Cap for him. Whether you believe the Chooks under the table, brown paper bag, cash in the Rolls Royce glovebox stories or not the fact is they declare less, a lot less, in their Salary Cap they we could for any given player. Hence they have what I value as a ~$13m roster which would make any coach look pretty good.

Go Dogs
Apparently politis is paying for all the players meals so they don’t have to go out :p wonder what else comes in the pizza box :p lol

But even that. Say 30 players. By 3 meals a day. That could be a few grand easily. You’d think that should count towards the cap no?