Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Exactly, the coaching director would help with his selections, his bench rotations, changing game plan on the go etc etc. Identity Pays weaknesses and help improve them. Not do the work for Pay but mentor him.

Inheriting a shit squad and diabolical salary cap doesn't help a rookie coach. Not being able to do what Moore did and buy Kimmorley/Ennis/Stagg/Eastwood for 2009 also hinders Pay going forward also.

But with the tools he has, he has failed miserably, we aren't asking to win comp or make the semis, we want 17 Klemmers and Jackson who go out and give 100% on the field. Show passion out there.

We played shit and lost last week agsint saints but I for first time in n long time I was proud of the team for the effort and passion they put in.

2008wooden Spooners showed a lot more passion and effort even when getting flogged by 50points
We need to coach the coach? Lol. Just let Anderson take over and lay the foundations for a new coach, that probably is already being done though..

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I get he inherited the roster and is dealing with the salary cap and whatever other legitimate or otherwise excuses bandied around

But, what is our game plan? The attack is borderline worse than last season!

He cannot seem to grasp making adjustments on the run! We leaked 26 points down the left and 22 in one half.

Remember against Panthers when they were leaking down the edge and we scored twice .....what did their coach do? He made adjustments and plugged the problem and Panthers overcame a 12 point deficit to beat us by 8

I ask again, what is our gameplan? The titans rookie coach had a plan to mercilessly attack our left edge and he hit the jackpot

You look at Souths rookie coach attacking game plan, they leading the comp with the same roster as last year

Today was as embarrassing as you can get!

Why did he leave an attacking backrower Martin out and carried 3 props including the NSW prop on the bench?

Why wasn’t Holland starting on the wing instead of recalling Montoya?

Why is JJ not at 13?

Why has our attack and defence gone backwards this year

He may have inherited the roster but he decided to re sign Lichaa (worst than last season) and move Brenko Lee on ( he destroyed us today)

I honestly don’t think he knows how to make basic coaching decisions proactively during a game

If Des over coached the team then Pay doesn’t coach enough

We need a Director of Coaching to mentor him more than we need a 6,7 and 9

I’m not proud to be a Bulldogs supporter today

This is a fkn shambles
Other than that, are you happy with how things are progressing?

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to coach the coach? Lol. Just let Anderson take over and lay the foundations for a new coach, that probably is already being done though..
Fuck no ... doesn’t anyone remember that one marker debacle at the roosters. Keep him as far away from the players as possible

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The board is no longer convinced on Pay. The board has spoken to a number of the senior leaders seeking feedback on Pay. The overwhelming response was that the players love Pay as a person. As a coach, Pay lacks the professionalism and analytical awareness that that is required from a NRL coach. Results and player performances thus far sure backs this up. If results continue (highly likely it will), only a matter of time before Pay is walked and I don’t see him surviving deep into 2019.

Many would argue that Pay needs more time in the role but after the DesBall disaster we have witnessed the last few years and Hasler gone I would have assumed we would have improved this year however gone further backwards. What’s even more scary, next year could even be more horrific.

What really annoys me the most, all the hype after Pay’s appointment was about seeing a more attractive style of play, bringing back the madness and dogs of war mentality. It was all a bunch of lies. Everything the fans wanted to hear so it would drive membership and sponsorships. Well the fans and sponsors are over it and it’ll take a long time before the club can get that trust back.

Whilst we are second last, atleast we are first on the ladder based on Culture :p

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Jack Gibson was head coach with Craig Bellamy and Wayne Bennett as his assistants will still would flat out avoiding the spoon with Frawley and Foran as the havles and Mbye with Lichaa to complete our spine. Dead set wake up to yourselves coaches cant do shit with a spine like that. No one can help us until that spine is fixed.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The board is no longer convinced on Pay. The board has spoken to a number of the senior leaders seeking feedback on Pay. The overwhelming response was that the players love Pay as a person. As a coach, Pay lacks the professionalism and analytical awareness that that is required from a NRL coach. Results and player performances thus far sure backs this up. If results continue (highly likely it will), only a matter of time before Pay is walked and I don’t see him surviving deep into 2019.

Many would argue that Pay needs more time in the role but after the DesBall disaster we have witnessed the last few years and Hasler gone I would have assumed we would have improved this year however gone further backwards. What’s even more scary, next year could even be more horrific.

What really annoys me the most, all the hype after Pay’s appointment was about seeing a more attractive style of play, bringing back the madness and dogs of war mentality. It was all a bunch of lies. Everything the fans wanted to hear so it would drive membership and sponsorships. Well the fans and sponsors are over it and it’ll take a long time before the club can get that trust back.

Whilst we are second last, atleast we are first on the ladder based on Culture :p
Because the current board is going to leak information out to the kennel.

No **** knows about anything going on behind closed doors, the way it should be.

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pay is fucking hopeless. I think he just thought it would all happen. His press conferences are just clueless. Get us Bennett or even be happy with Arthur at this stage.
Newcastle has an experience, with St George in finals as coach and England.
Pay has none of this.
To say in the last presser that you saw this coming, that the boys weren't training hard and not do anything is a disgrace.
I'd have Des back so he could wear this fucking mess and own it

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tolman sounds the most professional when in front of the press. He was right last week. We should be higher. 6 out of 9 loses, by 6 points of less.
Even he sounded pissed off

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If Jack Gibson was head coach with Craig Bellamy and Wayne Bennett as his assistants will still would flat out avoiding the spoon with Frawley and Foran as the havles and Mbye with Lichaa to complete our spine. Dead set wake up to yourselves coaches cant do shit with a spine like that. No one can help us until that spine is fixed.
Totally agree.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
An old article but interesting comments from Pay before getting the role.

"That's the nature of it, it's a results-driven industry," Pay said.

"Des has done a fantastic job over his time there. I just think they're a big club, their fans and supporters look for the results. That's the nature of the beast.

"They've got the nucleus of a good team there, that's for sure. Obviously players move on and new ones come in at each club every year, they are no different there. But they've certainly got the nucleus of a good team."

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/de...after-des-hasler-sacking-20170920-gylbxs.html
What did you expect him to say? That the team is crap & we will have to tear it apart before we can progress? That would have sent moral soaring.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The game plan is to get the players tackling properly first and foremost every week then sneak in a couple of days a week just on attack, composure and confidence to get the team psychologically strong to concentrate.
Its not dead wood, its preparing to learn for next year, we are not the Lenny losers of the NRL.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Our game plan is to finish rock bottom in order to clear out deadwood. No more scraping top 8 and papering over the cracks. Mbye is not here to take pressure off the halves with kicks so they will be exposed even further.

Put a broom through the joint. Find a way to manage the cap like the Broncos & Roosters.

Dymock was a safe pair of hands but then DIBSASTER STRUCK

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ennis ripped into the Dogs again of foxsports haha. Didn't watch it but apparently he said he left Belmore disgusted lol.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ennis ripped into the Dogs again of foxsports haha. Didn't watch it but apparently he said he left Belmore disgusted lol.
I watched it he said what ive and most of us has being saying all along. He basically said our spine is fucking shit. We have a good forward pack plus the twins. But our spine players are not up to starch and not nrl standard he said.

It doesn't take a genius to work it out. You are obviously not a genius though because all you do is blame Pay. Pay might have a few shortcomings but Craig Bellamy could be our coach at the moment but he would not make the slightest difference with the spine we have at the moment. Plain and simple our spine isnt even nsw cup standard let alone nrl.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I watched it he said what ive and most of us has being saying all along. He basically said our spine is fucking shit. We have a good forward pack plus the twins. But our spine players are not up to starch and not nrl standard he said.

It doesn't take a genius to work it out. You are obviously not a genius though because all you do is blame Pay. Pay might have a few shortcomings but Craig Bellamy could be our coach at the moment but he would not make the slightest difference with the spine we have at the moment. Plain and simple our spine isnt even nsw cup standard let alone nrl.
Sxc_boi’s comments have some truth to it, Pay probably wasn’t the best choice coach to pick after Hasler, it was a risk to bring in an inexperienced coach to start a rebuild, again it was Dib’s doing. But in saying that, I’m not prepared to give him the flick just yet, the poor bloke has walked into a disaster. He doesn’t have a spine to work with and we can all see that. He simply hasn’t got the players. The majority of the problem lies with the spine, a lot of experienced NRL coaches would find it incredibly hard to work with what we got at 9,7,6 and now no number 1.
It’s not Pays fault, he is simply a rookie coach that is starting his career in coaching first grade but with no tools(player talent). Its a difficult task even for your most experienced coaches. Our club is just shithouse at the moment, and to blame it solely on Pay, is just not fair IMO.

berries67

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Would an experienced coach take the job. Looking at our situation most would run for cover. I hope Dean Pay can hold on to his sanity for the next few years. There is no saviour out there who can work a miracle and fix this mess in a couple of months.

Last edited:

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Because the current board is going to leak information out to the kennel.

No **** knows about anything going on behind closed doors, the way it should be.
The players have spoken to the board. Have you even considered that!!!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
But, what is our game plan? The attack is borderline worse than last season!

Why did he leave an attacking backrower Martin out and carried 3 props including the NSW prop on the bench?

Why wasn’t Holland starting on the wing instead of recalling Montoya?

Why is JJ not at 13?

Why has our attack and defence gone backwards this yearIMG_5184.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.