Official Dean Pay "They are all fighting for a spot in the team".

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we should try Chris smith the ex rooster at the centre position left by jmoz.
Geez this kid can motor.
Leave CHN on the edges
Part of me thinks this has merit, but I believe Smith was in the centres for sometime not really making an impact?...

I think the biggest question is whether Meaney will start the year at Fullback or will Hoppa. Be interesting to know what position they have been training in? If Meaney is there, Hoppa will be left centre with outside him only question mark likely to be filled be Crighton. if Hoppa is at the back we have the whole left side 3/4 up for grabs. With Harper signed for a reported 5 Years, obviously he is seen as the future, but not ready yet.

If the players don't know that Pay rewards pre season effort, then they are idiots. Pretty obvious how to get a leg up, and if players still aren't willing to put the effort in then they don't deserve consideration.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
80 minutes for a centre is pretty normal. They all do that.
It is normal for a centre but I understand that he comes across to us as a 2RF and thus likely not an 80 min player (Happy to be wrong here).

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would just like to bring this up to everyone's attention... This whole fighting for a spot business, is it healthy? Will this not lead to infighting?

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would just like to bring this up to everyone's attention... This whole fighting for a spot business, is it healthy? Will this not lead to infighting?
An upside to having so many young guys in the team, everyone trying to better themselves without thinking they are entitled to a spot just because of their name.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
An upside to having so many young guys in the team, everyone trying to better themselves without thinking they are entitled to a spot just because of their name.
I was only stuffin around but you make a good point.. It does bring the best out of everyone, as long as everyone is treated the same.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was only stuffin around but you make a good point.. It does bring the best out of everyone, as long as everyone is treated the same.
I honestly dont think this could have worked last season though, too many Snowflakes.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
only to those with a poor attitude .. and they can f off anyways..