Official Dean Pay "They are all fighting for a spot in the team".

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one.

I'm happy to give Pay a free kick las year because the side was heavily interrupted with primadonnas and shitcunts for players.

This year no excuses though, we have a stable and solid side to build the future around.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That’s fine to support Pay but I just want everybody here to keep the same energy. One of the biggest gripes that many on here have had has been recruitment and retention. We are very lucky to still have Martin and Lewis at the club. If Lewis had signed with the Broncos or Dragons all of you would be losing your shit right now. The decision to upgrade JMK in preseason was a poor one. I still find the Crichton signing as strange too. Is he really better than the options we have? If the salary cap is tight wouldn’t it be cheaper to upgrade a NSW cup player?
Even CHN is a bit of a strange signing considering our depth in the second row. I’m not saying CHN is a bad player he will turn out to be a gun but it’s more of a luxury then a need. Our backline is could have done with bringing in a experienced NRL standard back. Fans will probably disagree on certain things but at least Pay is building his team so if it works out fans are left with egg on their face and happy about it or Pay finds himself on the hot seat.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You cant blame PAY at this stage for last year. Its his job no matter what to say positive comments. He was handed a team and club that most experienced head coaches would have ran away from (too hard basket) so in my opinion we did well the way we finished off last year to lead us into this year.
All you have to say is that YOU will give him a 2nd year? Who are you and how important is your opinion that if you say he is shit so you want him gone?. I dont think anyone cares what you think and nor does your opinion going to CHANGE a thing.

Last year i was reading on here we won't be right till 2021 to get the CAP right. It has taken PAY 1 YEAR to get rid of the RUBBISH and start building the team and buying some handy players around 4 to 5 potential stars.

So lets give PAY a break.. i believe he has done better then expected when you actually see the progress. I believe in the team and I will stay positive.

Kind regards
Good on ya Mike blue, well said.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. He looked like he attacks the high ball pretty confidently and times his jumps really well. From what I saw of him he seemed to be pretty keen to act as a support runner, but his team mates didn't seem willing to pass to him last year. I still haven't seen a lot of him but I think he might be a puzzle piece that we've been missing.
And he comes from Ballina

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's like you guys support Pay rather than the Bulldogs, just fucking admit it.
Wrong. If the team’s performance goes backwards under Pay this season and the results reflect this, then that will speak for itself and the club will have the mandate it needs to replace him.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Even CHN is a bit of a strange signing considering our depth in the second row. I’m not saying CHN is a bad player he will turn out to be a gun but it’s more of a luxury then a need. Our backline is could have done with bringing in a experienced NRL standard back. Fans will probably disagree on certain things but at least Pay is building his team so if it works out fans are left with egg on their face and happy about it or Pay finds himself on the hot seat.
What if CHN was brought in to play left centre? It’s not like he’s old, slowed down and can’t play there anymore. There’s a lot of big powerful, hard running centres around these days.

Go Dogs

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one.

I'm happy to give Pay a free kick las year because the side was heavily interrupted with primadonnas and shitcunts for players.

This year no excuses though, we have a stable and solid side to build the future around.
I prefer "opinions are like clits, every **** has one" lol

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What games best? Where are these quotes? You can keep twisting shit as much as you want, but like I said I'm a fucking nobody and could easily see he has the qualities that were lacking from our other options. Excuse after excuse. Fucking pathetic.
I agree with you for once. Your right you are a fucking nobody.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What if CHN was brought in to play left centre? It’s not like he’s old, slowed down and can’t play there anymore. There’s a lot of big powerful, hard running centres around these days.

Go Dogs
Preferred we bought a centre then taking a player from his preferred position. CHN has said he is competing for the second row in the interviews I have seen. I’d have massive concerns about his defence in the centres.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Preferred we bought a centre then taking a player from his preferred position. CHN has said he is competing for the second row in the interviews I have seen. I’d have massive concerns about his defence in the centres.
But you dont have massive concerns about Montoya and Hopoate?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
But you dont have massive concerns about Montoya and Hopoate?
Where did I say I didn’t.
Sometimes it's best to pick the lessor of 2 evils.

Bet if I ask CHN whether he'd prefer playing centre in FG or 2nd row in ISP that he'd choose centre in FG rather quickly.

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sometimes it's best to pick the lessor of 2 evils.

Bet if I ask CHN whether he'd prefer playing centre in FG or 2nd row in ISP that he'd choose centre in FG rather quickly.

Go Dogs
I really don't think he has been bought here to play centre.

They only reason people are suggesting he play centre is because we are so weak in the centres not because CHN is a good centre he is a much better second rower.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we didn't sign him now he might have risen in price and profile before he became a free agent again and that could have been years away. Sometimes the best time to sign a player you identify as a potential star is when they're available rather than because you genuinely need them. How long did we unsuccessfully chase Fullbacks for after Barba left? Player managers probably smelled desperation when we tried to sign the fullbacks we needed and came at us with ridiculous prices as a result.

I don't know who is off contract in the second row this year, but chances are that some players will be keen to move on. I see the CHN signing as planning ahead. No doubt we will do our best to keep the cream of the crop in the second row beyond this year. But some clubs will be desperate enough to throw bigger offers at some of the players we'd prefer to retain. We could have used a decent back or two but in all honesty I don't think there were a huge number of ready made players available in our price range in the backline so the club probably opted to chase who they saw as wise signings for the long term in other positions.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Meaney
Smith
Holland
CHN
Hoppa

CHN to stay long term and end up in 2nd Row depending on RFM/Martin & elliot progression this year.
We will sign a Gun centre for 2020 surely :-)

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I prefer "opinions are like clits, every **** has one" lol
Depends in which country you are born - some are removed............ but lets not go there....

Back on topic........ competition for spots is excellent... as long as dean Pay is willing to drop the underperforming players...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we didn't sign him now he might have risen in price and profile before he became a free agent again and that could have been years away. Sometimes the best time to sign a player you identify as a potential star is when they're available rather than because you genuinely need them. How long did we unsuccessfully chase Fullbacks for after Barba left? Player managers probably smelled desperation when we tried to sign the fullbacks we needed and came at us with ridiculous prices as a result.

I don't know who is off contract in the second row this year, but chances are that some players will be keen to move on. I see the CHN signing as planning ahead. No doubt we will do our best to keep the cream of the crop in the second row beyond this year. But some clubs will be desperate enough to throw bigger offers at some of the players we'd prefer to retain. We could have used a decent back or two but in all honesty I don't think there were a huge number of ready made players available in our price range in the backline so the club probably opted to chase who they saw as wise signings for the long term in other positions.
You are right the CHN signing would have been with the future in mind I was talking about purely from this upcoming seasons point of view.

Off the top of my head I think only Rhyse Martin is off contract so I not sure what it means for him.

We are crying out for some genuine rep level back line players I think we are going to have to wait to develop them ourselves