Official Dean Pay "They are all fighting for a spot in the team".

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Injuries are inevitable, everyone will get a run, can Montoya play fullback if Meanie is ordinary under the high ball?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Injuries are inevitable, everyone will get a run, can Montoya play fullback if Meanie is ordinary under the high ball?
Either Hoppa or Meaney will have first shot at fullback.

Then theres Crichton/Montoya battling for the wing spots alongside possibly Holland/Hoppa/Smith.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No he cannot. Meaney is fine, the only other bloke u will see there is hoppa.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Keeps things interesting, it’s all up to the individual to cement their spot.. We should see a lot of improvement and our guys putting huge effort week In week out. Could be a good year!! Even a great year..!!!

Go doggies 2019

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really hope that this applies to players if they start well but lose form in time. I don't mind if the team gets shuffled through the season as youngsters progress. I just don't want players who drop form getting a free ride because they had 5 good games.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which of the second rowers will be tried as centres?

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s played fullback before as a junior but that doesn’t mean he should for us. I’d be ok with Hoppa starting there if Meaney isn’t knocking the door down for a first grade spot

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We might have depth and players fighting for positions.................. BUT............
in all seriousness when Foran gets injured, (and i hope not) Cogger is his replacement.... i thought he struggled when he played first grade with Newcastle last year..... Our depth/backup players are very ordinary and unproven, so are half our starting 17...
Ill be extremely happy to be proven wrong by the players though....

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't know about this.. Could lead to team disharmony..

Direct the fighting against other teams and the NRL

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely remis smith has a wing spot no questions asked at least he can make something out of nothing.
Provided he has been training well you would think him and Holland will lock down their side.
Their attacking combination is the most exciting we have had for years but they need to work their defensive efforts.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They are all fighting to make the team..

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meaney is not ordinary under the high ball.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't know about this.. Could lead to team disharmony..

Direct the fighting against other teams and the NRL
Haslers guaranteed spot policy was shit we’ve always been better when players are made accountable for their performances