Official Dean Pay quits

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes it is sad to see a coach sacked especially as Pay seemed like a nice bloke. My first preference wo u ld have been for Pay to remain with a new roster, if he could just show some postives of a playing style, improvement in players & team, evidence that he could mould a top 8 team. I was not expecting a Top 8 team with the playing roster, but some highlights of a well coached team.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We became such a basket case we were always going to hit the bottom before going up. I just hope this is rock bottom and we can start climbing back. Fancy thinking Reimis is a centre, DWZ was the fullback to lift us, Jacko can still play wide, and JMK is our future at dummy half. Not to mention Lewis in the halves repeatedly.

I'm really hoping Jackson steps up and gets in the media this week to take pressure off the other players - that's what a good captain would do. No sob stories or bullshit, or lengthy Pay eulogies, just take ownership of shit performances, contributing to getting the coach sacked, and how they're gonna work their asses off for the rest of the year and play with pride - maybe let go of whatever's been holding them back. The other players should feel a bit of shame I reckon (if they really value the club and fans), but just shut up and focus on footy.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
With Okunbor, Harawira, Hoppa and Elliot out the Dogs could of been excused for struggling.
The players must have really embarrassed Pay in the loss against the Bronco's.
Wish him all the best at least he tried in one of the hardest gigs in the sport.

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regardless how bad the situation is, wouldnt it be more honourable by an individual to tough it out and finish up when his contract is up, rather than quitting?
Paints a clearer picture to me and kinda sends mixed signals to the outsider looking in..

Glad that chapter has ended.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not what I would of done obviously. I think Pay is hard done by if we just sign another average coach (e.g. Barrett). Not sure who I'd want that's available. At least we'll have a competitive roster next year which is the biggest thing. This whole situation regarding everything is getting really stressful and I'm personally sick of the uncertainty regarding everything. Lets start signing some players please.
Are you choking back the tears? #paysgonebradyk hahahahaha

Dogsarnthavingaparty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
YES YES YES HALLELUJAH
Its not dean pays fault he has been hung out to dry this all started with hasler and dib the whole board is toxic the club needs a FULL clean out you can't blame pay honestly lets get serious he is a bulldogs legend the bloke done his best and was treated badly he is the victim of a poorly run club ok, I've been a bulldogs supporter all my life I'm really starting to wonder about this club fucking turn on there own kind I'm fucking discusted in the club and I'll be letting them know personally by writing them a email and addressing it to head office, until there becomes loyalty they can go jump.

Last edited:

Dogsarnthavingaparty

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
sorry princess he has a track record of quitting, he quit to jump to parra now he’s quit because he’s a dud
All you doughters on here haven't got a fucking clue about the insides of this toxic club atm they all need to stand down it's a real joke I'm so sick and tired of all this shit you CAN'T blame dean pay he did a great job for the clowns he had to work with I'm really disappointed in the club for treating him this way they turn there back on there own blood thats not the bulldogs I know I'm fucking done with them.

Last edited:

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
how have we become the basket case of the league?! from snickering at the likes of the shambolic Eels to becoming them

i do not think Pay was the right man for the job but in view of the squad we have had for the last three seasons, no coach IMO would have been a success... hopefully, fans remember him going forward as still a great of the club

as for Barrett, he struggled and bailed on a dysfunctional Manly and yet he is going to be a success with the current state of the Bulldogs? bullsh*t... and i take my hat off once more to the club with all the stories about attracting a top line coach like Bellamy, Bennett & Co. only to settle for someone like Barrett... similar bait and switch crap we have been putting up with when it comes to recruitment of players for years... just hot air from people who don't have their predecessors to live off anymore

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is Marley allowed to call him Derp Pay? I remember he got banned for it once lmao