Official Dean Pay quits

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
The majority of the players regressed under Pay's coaching. He should never been extended.
Lets see if Georgallis's team selections are any different this week.
Give the bloke a chance lol,team has to be announced today and not as if he has an immortal hiding in the shadows ready to step up.Suspension to Smith ,Averillo out etc,don’t think anything will change this week.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Give the bloke a chance lol,team has to be announced today and not as if he has an immortal hiding in the shadows ready to step up.Suspension to Smith ,Averillo out etc,don’t think anything will change this week.
What I’m trying to say is maybe Georgallis did not agree with Pay’s team selections . We will soon find out I guess. Will be interesting if he strings 2-3 wins on the trot

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What I’m trying to say is maybe Georgallis did not agree with Pay’s team selections . We will soon find out I guess. Will be interesting if he strings 2-3 wins on the trot
We wont win another 2 games this year, let alone on the trot

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Those feeling sorry for Pay,remember he has ruined the careers of a few players by his selection/ non selection policy.Those players may never be picked up by other teams in the NRL.
Name the players who even had a playing career to be ruined?

Go Dogs

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You know this is the legacy Hasler left the Doggies with.. Such poor selections and management of players..add to the mix the Board, and this is what you get. A once proud and successful club in tatters.. Take some time to get out of this mess

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any word on toomaga injury?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just doing a quick check on the Pay apologists

I know you lads are doing it tough right now and sorry you were wrong

Chin up fellas

Xxoxx

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Might want to ask a Manly fan how Barrett went...

It aint pretty!
Still better win percentage I believe and the fact he had improvement from players. Probably actually trained for a start

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still better win percentage I believe and the fact he had improvement from players. Probably actually trained for a start
He was tried and failed. It's the wrong gamble. If we are gambling I'd rather go Fitzgibbon. If we want a coach to improve us to a point where we can compete in finals, get Hook.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He was tried and failed. It's the wrong gamble. If we are gambling I'd rather go Fitzgibbon. If we want a coach to improve us to a point where we can compete in finals, get Hook.
Dont disagree at all. My preference is Wane but our next coach will be picked apart in here regardless of who they are.
I’m happy Pay is gone that’s the first positive step.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
He ruined your career and reputation as someone who actually knew anything about how a football team works.....move on

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont disagree at all. My preference is Wane but our next coach will be picked apart in here regardless of who they are.
I’m happy Pay is gone that’s the first positive step.
Happy he's gone but lets not make a similar mistake getting Barrett. He had the same issue Pay did- he had favourites he wouldn't drop!

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dean Pay to step down as Bulldogs Head Coach
Author
bulldogs.com.au
Timestamp
Tue 14 Jul 2020, 09:55 AM
Share on social media
Dean Pay will step down from his role as Head Coach of the Bulldogs immediately after both parties agreed that it was in the best interests of the individual and the club to part ways.

The decision was reached after a meeting between Dean and the club following Saturday's loss to the Broncos.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill thanked Pay for his contribution over the past three seasons:

"These situations are always tough, particularly when they involve someone who has been part of the Bulldogs family for a long time. The fact is though that the Club and Dean have decided that we needed to move in a different direction to take the team forward and Dean was in agreement that now was the right time for both parties to part ways.

We did not rush into this decision and have taken our time to look at what was best for the club in regard to success moving forward.

I'd like to thank Dean for his contribution over the past three years and all the hard work and passion he has given to the club.

Dean Pay expressed his thanks to the club for the opportunity to coach back at Belmore :

"I'd like to thank the Bulldogs for the opportunity to be the Head Coach at a club that has always meant so much to me.

Steve Georgallis will act as interim Head Coach until an appointment is made.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Georgallis won a cup final with a lot of duds in reserves
The forward rotation was best in the comp. the strategy = go through the middle. Simples. At least he played to their strengths..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Antonelli has quit too Brad Henderson is stepping in as King Goergallis' assistant.

Canterbury have been plunged into further chaos with assistant Steve Antonelli following Dean Pay out the door.

Antonelli was in line to step up and coach the club on an interim basis before opting to quit on Tuesday morning. He joined the Bulldogs after building a close association with Pay.

It leaves interim coach Steve Georgallis leading a decimated coaching team. It is understood Canterbury’s reserve coach Brad Henderson will step up.

Pay’s final day as coach of the Canterbury Bulldogs lasted just an hour.

Pay, who quit his post after joining the club in 2018, was spotted arriving at Belmore Sports Ground just before 8am on Tuesday. His meeting with club officials and CEO Andrew Hill lasted less than an hour with Pay leaving the car park before 9am.

Hill and Pay met over the weekend with both parties aware it was time for the club to shift in another direction. Current Bulldogs assistant coach Steve Georgallis will be the club’s interim coach for the rest of this season.

“These decisions are always tough, particularly when they involve someone who has been part of the Bulldogs family for a long time,” Hill said.

“The fact is though that the Club and Dean have decided that we needed to move in a different direction to take the team forward and Dean was in agreement that now was the right time for both parties to part ways.

“We did not rush into this decision and have taken our time to look at what was best for the club in regard to success moving forward.

“I’d like to thank Dean for his contribution over the past three years and all the hard work and passion he has given to the club.”

Pay addressed his players on Tuesday morning and then drove out of the club.

“I’d like to thank the Bulldogs for the opportunity to be the head coach at a club that has always meant so much to me,” he said.

Pay’s departure comes as Hill formally told Panthers group chief executive Brian Fletcher that the Bulldogs would open negotiations with Penrith assistant coach Trent Barrett.

Well-placed sources revealed Hill and Pay met over the weekend with both parties aware it was time for the club to shift in another direction.

Pay had been worn down by his side’s lack of on-field success and the constant speculation over his future. Hill and Canterbury’s board knew Pay had to go.

The decision was made after reports on Sunday of Canterbury’s interest in Barrett.

Bulldogs chairman Lynne Anderson is expected to spend more time at Bulldogs HQ this week.

It is unknown whether Pay will be paid out in full but the club hopes to reach a financial settlement.

While Barrett remains a hot favourite to be appointed head coach, it is unlikely he would take charge at Belmore immediately. Those close to Barrett claim he wants to remain at Penrith this year in the hope of securing a premiership.

Canterbury is yet to lodge a formal offer for Barrett, amid reports English rugby union coach Eddie Jones had interest in the job.

The TAB has tightened Canterbury from $2.75 into $2 for this year’s wooden spoon while the Bulldogs have drifted from $3 to $3.10 to beat St George Illawarra at WIN Stadium, Wollongong, this Friday night.

Canterbury has won one of nine games this season and are on two points, sitting last on the NRL table.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...h/news-story/a0e8519c2723e08acd3bf55ded2bfe70