Official Dean Pay quits

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The club has no heart and either do you guys. Hope your bosses dont throw you out to the wolves like Pays did...
What about the heart of the Fans.

who buys tickets.
Who buys jerseys.
Who sits there 80 minutes every week watching the game.
Who supports the team.
Who buys the overpriced food at the canteens.
Who drives to the games using there own car buying there own fuel, paying for overpriced parking.
Who buys the membership packages every year.

What about the fans who are doing it tough, average wage, high cost of living kids, mortgage, insurance, and yet they don’t have excuses the coach comes up with.

the difference between the fans and the coach is simple.

The Fans pay to support the club.

The coach gets paid to win.

So after all this if you think us fans are heartless maybe you should take a hard look in the mirror to see really who is HEARTLESS.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ding dong the witch is dead!!!

Im glad he is gone. Respected him as a player and all he did for us and still will. But time for a new Era.

No idea how Barrett will go, but I do know this board has to go as well. A whole new start is needed from the top to bottom.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The writing was on the wall.

Respect for Dean for taking over the coaching role when most didn’t want to go near it. He was always going to do it tough given the circumstances.

Respect

Last edited:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can’t believe how a lot of people on socials are blasting the club for sacking him and journalists alike
So many dumb c*** on social media like Facebook and Twitter
Mate so many involved in the game both directly or indirectly hate our club and want to destroy it, (YES DESTROY IT).
What do you do when you hate some or some entity (YOU WILL ALWAYS LOOK FOR SOMETHING WRONG WITH HIM/HER/IT), and when you find something bad, you make as much noise as possible about it.
We don't know if our board gave Pay full support, and i don't think anyone in the media can say that he was not given the support he needed.
It is noticeable that some commentators who have been critical of pays team selections, have joined the bandwagon blaming our club.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: dark days at the club........ thanks for the effort deano!!

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Honestly no coach worth his salt would touch the Bulldogs. You would have to be desperate to be a first grade coach. Seems that's why Barrett is getting it. He knows no club with a decent setup will give him another chance after his tenure at Manly.

Even if he doesn't succeed here, hopefully the talent and attacking structures he puts in place at least make games interesting to watch, knowing we have a chance to score a try.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Those feeling sorry for Pay,remember he has ruined the careers of a few players by his selection/ non selection policy.Those players may never be picked up by other teams in the NRL.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Honestly no coach worth his salt would touch the Bulldogs. You would have to be desperate to be a first grade coach. Seems that's why Barrett is getting it. He knows no club with a decent setup will give him another chance after his tenure at Manly.

Even if he doesn't succeed here, hopefully the talent and attacking structures he puts in place at least make games interesting to watch, knowing we have a chance to score a try.
It’s a perfect opportunity for a coach to show he is a career coach and establish a junior development structure and show smart player buying and retention skills with a powerful rich club.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dean Pay is a terrible coach. So many excuses on the Kennel about the board about this about that. Have a look at the facts and the terrible performances we watched weekly this season.
The Board may not be the best but they gave this clown and extra season to get his shit together and he couldn’t. He’s again failed this club and walked out on us and so many of you feel sorry for him. Well get fucked this is a day to celebrate and none of your crocodile tears will ruin my mood today.
See ya Deano don’t get hit by the bus on your way out of Belmore or do I don’t give a fuck.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
WHO GETS THE HEAD JOB?!!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pay got a chance back in 2018 that he would have never likely had gotten but the cards feel his way. Dib was looking for “Bulldogs DNA” and Pay had never been linked with any NRL jobs before he landed the Dogs gig. Sure the situation wasn’t perfect but that was his one shot at being a NRL coach that I don’t think he would have gotten otherwise and he didn’t take it. I feel sorry for him like I would for anyone when they lose their job but I don’t feel sorry for him in a football sense.

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pay got a chance back in 2018 that he would have never likely had gotten but the cards feel his way. Dib was looking for “Bulldogs DNA” and Pay was never been linked with any NRL jobs before he landed the Dogs gig. Sure the situation wasn’t perfect but that was his one shot at being a NRL coach that I don’t think he would have gotten otherwise and he didn’t take it. I feel sorry for him like I would for anyone when they lose their job but I don’t feel sorry for him in a football sense.
Agree on this. Feel he got his chance, and even though it was under difficult circumstances he still had the opportunity to show his coaching ability. It didn't work out for him, which sucks for him and us. But I certainly don't feel sorry for him as very few people get that opportunity to coach a NRL side.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If they recruit agressively not like they have been it can be turned around quicker than people think

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought our run at the back of last year was somewhat magical and brilliant. We just figured out how to own without scoring points and there was something magic about it. That was Pay. I just wish it continued to this year. What happened?

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Least with Barrett they cant run the DNA line up the flag. board was backed into a corner by its own inaction and couldn't wait 18 months for Bennett, Bellamy or Flannogan so I would say its down to Hook, Barrett, Walters or that pommy coach.