Official Dean Pay quits

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The season is a right off. So i would think Georgalis becomes caretaker till end of the year regardless of who we sign as coach. Club saves money, and Georgalis gets a shot. Can't see Barrett being let go this season whilst Panthers are doing well. They would be stupid to let him walk mid season.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that the board are just now deciding to start looking for a coach. How long is this shit going to take as we cant drag this out for months? Surely these numpties already have a coach signed and now it's about going through the whole fake job interview process to make the whole process look legit and make it look like we didn't shaft Dean by going behind his back. Hopefully somebody leaks it to the media so the fans know who it is. I'm sure there are some people on this forum who know who it is but they're not n the mood to share:cry:

Last edited:

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surprised they’re not using Chris Anderson’s Recruitment Agency.
Wait.....

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The season is a right off. So i would think Georgalis becomes caretaker till end of the year regardless of who we sign as coach. Club saves money, and Georgalis gets a shot. Can't see Barrett being let go this season whilst Panthers are doing well. They would be stupid to let him walk mid season.
I’m not sure you want the new coach coming in mid season when we are bound for the spoon anyway. Granted there is a chance the new coach gets us away from the spoon but if he doesn’t that spoon and losing stench lingers into 21.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Time for change, new is always good, fresh start. Better success, things will turn rather quick and we will see a big improvement very quickly.!!! And the new people have a chance to make this club great again .. I say it’s a big attraction now.. the shit decks have been cleaned a little.!!
100% Pay had to go, but there are ways of doing it. If I'm a Chair or CEO I don't want to let the most visible person in a leadership position in my organisation effectively sack himself. That's really poor form.

Hopefully whoever lines up for the gig next can turn things around, but at this rate there are still crucial problems in key areas of the club, and the available evidence is that those problems remain. So long as they remain, we will continue to struggle on the field in the long term.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I can’t believe how a lot of people on socials are blasting the club for sacking him and journalists alike
So many dumb c*** on social media like Facebook and Twitter
Mate it’s simple any decision regarding the bulldogs going forward is negative. Any decision for the bulldogs going backwards is positive

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Too late for that now unfortunately. Last year was our chance for him. Mitch Kenney might be a cheap option.
Its all good. Api has a coach clause in his contract ;)

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Feel sorry for him tbh. Clearly not cut out for the head coaching role, especially with the roster he inherited.

The board needs to go. This is their fault much more than Pay. Their failure to secure a sponsor and their constant chasing of crap players shows they’re incompetent. Even more so if the rumours about their constant meddling with coaching are true.

Good luck with the future Dean.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not what I would of done obviously. I think Pay is hard done by if we just sign another average coach (e.g. Barrett). Not sure who I'd want that's available. At least we'll have a competitive roster next year which is the biggest thing. This whole situation regarding everything is getting really stressful and I'm personally sick of the uncertainty regarding everything. Lets start signing some players please.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Time for change, new is always good, fresh start. Better success, things will turn rather quick and we will see a big improvement very quickly.!!! And the new people have a chance to make this club great again .. I say it’s a big attraction now.. the shit decks have been cleaned a little.!!
I reckon you have pulled out the Moet bro... haha I’m happy we are able to move forward now but I’ll be feeling better if some good actually comes from this. At the moment we don’t really know yet..

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Does he qualify for job keeper?

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What’s disappointing is that even though Pay had a basic roster to work from (for that I have empathy for him), he never brought “the madness” that was promised.

The team didn’t have the quality to win a comp, but it could have defended with some intimidation using a pack mentality and experimented with their attack. Instead, they lacked aggression and were super structured in attack.

It was Pay’s job to light a fire in the belly’s of their boppers and give their halves a license to try new things...it just didn’t happen.