Official Dean Pay quits

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
On a personal level I feel bad for Pay.
But the club needs to climb off the canvas and hopefully this is the first move in the way up.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Had to happen. His position became untenable after the Broncos game. Not gonna knock the guy, he tried his best and looked genuinely distressed for the first time during the game on the weekend. Was best for both parties to part ways before it got worse. That said, do I feel sorry for him? Not really. He was in a well paying job for almost 3 years, coaching one of the biggest and proudest clubs in Sydney when it’s likely no other club would give him a similar opportunity. He knew what he signed up for and no one held a gun to his head. Good luck to him with whatever he does next.

I also wonder whether the Barrett thing is a smokescreen but I’m not sure I give the board that much credit. Seems to be a lot of smoke with this one so there has to be truth to it. If it is Barrett, I’ll back him and hope like hell hes the guy to lead us out of this mess.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can’t believe how a lot of people on socials are blasting the club for sacking him and journalists alike
So many dumb ***** on social media like Facebook and Twitter

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
that’s me, .. the excitement of tonight’s news won’t make it easy trying to sleep, been a pleasure boys.. peace out, sus ya all tomorrow for the next bit of good news.!!!

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I can’t believe how a lot of people on socials are blasting the club for sacking him and journalists alike
So many dumb c*** on social media like Facebook and Twitter
They clearly haven’t watched enough of the shocking brand of football the team has played under his watch

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And hopefully retain some of the youth coming through.
Mate I was quietly shitting myself that dean would get his hands on Bailey, the kid has it all and dean’s lack of knowledge around halves could have been disastrous

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
If changing coach helps gets us players then its good. But now we need the players. Barrett isnt good enough to get this roster to finals.

Feel bad for Pay. He was a rookie coach to begin with, got a shit team and no money. He never had a chance tbh.

The rookie players we have were not good enough to overcome having a rookie coach. And the rookie coach wasnt good enough to overcome having so many rookie players. Something had to give.

I still respect Pay as a 95 GF winning player for us

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t know why,but something is telling me the board is trying to guide us in one direction,whilst they have gone in a different one already..
I have a feeling Shaun Wane is going to be our next coach,and that it was organised while we secured Thompson..
Anybody else had the same feeling?
Timing is everything in league and maybe they have been waiting for a confirmation or other pieces to fall into place,hence why Pay has been strung along

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Apparently pay was all for saking cnh and oki , does anyone else think he quit coz they have been reinstated?
The haven’t been reinstated yet, they’ve just had their punishment reduced by the NRL appeals committee, the club may still stand by their original decision to sack them

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So many dumb c*** on social media like Facebook and Twitter
What did you expect? They'll use any excuse to attack the club. Even when we fire the coach of a 1-8 team that averaged 10 points a game.

No doubt they'll hammer the club for "not being the family club" and "turning on one of their favourite sons" and shit like that.

Who cares. Let them have their sob stories. At least Pay is finally gone.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if we're going for Barrett because the Warriors beat us to Wane. Also if Barrett's in charge I guess there goes our chances of signing Hastings.

Last edited:

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t know why,but something is telling me the board is trying to guide us in one direction,whilst they have gone in a different one already..
I have a feeling Shaun Wane is going to be our next coach,and that it was organised while we secured Thompson..
Anybody else had the same feeling?
Timing is everything in league and maybe they have been waiting for a confirmation or other pieces to fall into place,hence why Pay has been strung along
Yes a couple of people have mentioned that too. Hope its true

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think knowing they have $3m to spend would be enough to entice them
Hopefully, but can a new coach feel genuinely confident that they will get the say with that money, given the factionalism and detrimental media leaks that keep happening?

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Now, how do we make Kerrod Holland and Nasheed walk....

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Terrible news. Pay should have had an opportunity with a full salary cap. Next bloke in gets some wins with 3 million worth of talent and he’s the messiah. Very very poor from the club. This is the wrong call.

All the best Dean. A decent man shafted. A low day for our club.