Official Dean Pay quits

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He shouldnt have been in the job from the start, he had a shit roster and I feel bad for him but at the end of the day this roster is capable of more than just one win out of nine, he simply had to go.
This - absolutely everything that is needed to be said, summed up and perfect.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Are we to believe that the club has only now started to send out feelers about a new coach? We've only contacted Penrith and Barrett today? Nah. If you ask me we've already got someone lined up and I don't think it's Barret.
Odd if the dogs proactively went after Trent as opposed to vice versa.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He had to go. But I have more respect for him that he has quit without dragging the club or name through mud (don’t know if he could have anyway but would rather not leave it to chance).

Good bloke, but we are here to be successful, not nice.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Maroondog
GA45

you can pop the champagne brothers .!!! Celebrate with me , it finally happened.. :grinning::grinning:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
#PaysPets, PLEASE step on up, an tell us your thoughts ? The time has come.. and I for one am SO eager to Hear what you think.!!
Not sure you'll find many on here who actually thought Pay was doing a job. Personally it's never nice seeing a coach get fired/leave so it's sad in some ways. Had hoped he'd improve as time went on but he didn't so it's the logical step to take. Just hope that we've got a big improvement lined up ...

I actually question this whole narrative that he was hard done by. How? He signed the extension knowing the conditions he'd be working under. He knew he'd be limited in how many players he could sign. He's won one game all year, and the team's looked trash. Not sure what the club's supposed to do? Thought they actually supported him too much if I'm honest.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
PhilGould15

I have no idea what Bulldogs are considering. I have long said that Trent Barrett is an outstanding young coach. He will have success wherever he goes. I’m sure he learned a lot out of his first experience at Manly. He’s an NRL Head Coach every day of the week.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well done, was the only move anyways.

Good for him, better for us!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Umm.. He cant coach, he loves himself, he was an over rated never won the big moment player, is from the Drag Queens, he has a crap record, he cant coach, he is the complete opposite of what we need credibility wise to spend our cap and attract elite players, he got slapped by Nathan Brown on live television.

Oh and did I mention he is a crap coach?
Look he's not in the top five options I'd choose but looking at the positives..

He was a very good attacking player and has proven to be a good attacking coach.

Hopefully since Manly (his record was poor no doubt) he's learnt how to better handle the pressure and politics of being a head coach.

Our attack will improve massively. He can hopefully recruit young talent from Penrith and other clubs. Players are always more likely to sign for an attacking coach rather than a defensive minded coach.

That's me putting positive spin on what I agree is a questionable decision. Hopefully if he's hired they spend a lot on quality assistants to provide him with the support he needs.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Most of our signings have been kept really quiet so I’m curious to see who we appoint as coach and see if the media had a clue or not
I think most on here will be surprised with whoever ends up as coach. I honestly have no doubt Barrett won't be the coach

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good bloke but can’t coach for shit. Getting paid good money to deliver that crap. Fuck him he will be fine training his horses or what ever he was doing before the dogs.
No need to be disrepectful....he did his best under very difficult circumstances

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Look he's not in the top five options I'd choose but looking at the positives..

He was a very good attacking player and has proven to be a good attacking coach.

Hopefully since Manly (his record was poor no doubt) he's learnt how to better handle the pressure and politics of being a head coach.

Our attack will improve massively. He can hopefully recruit young talent from Penrith and other clubs. Players are always more likely to sign for an attacking coach rather than a defensive minded coach.

That's me putting positive spin on what I agree is a questionable decision. Hopefully if he's hired they spend a lot on quality assistants to provide him with the support he needs.
Yes, interesting that is a balanced view.

Look, dont take this personally but get fucked.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There was very little alternative with the way things have worked out. I think this is in the best interests of everyone to walk away. We badly need a fresh start and things just weren’t working with Pay. His job wasn’t easy and he tried his best but he was just out of his depth.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maroondog
GA45

you can pop the champagne brothers .!!! Celebrate with me , it finally happened.. :grinning::grinning:
Cracked a beer despite doing dry July. Thought it was worth breaking for it :tearsofjoy: