News Dean Pay pleads for Bulldogs fans' faith as club eagerly seek roster improvements

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pay just doesn't instil confidence in the fans, so imagine the players! They must just sit they thinking yes everything should be ok in 3 years. There is no leadership, no direction and this leads to no heart and no soul. Tired of all the excuses. Our forwards are too slow. The new 6 again rule is killing us, the same reason the Broncos are losing. The game has changes and faster smaller forwards are needed to get up run, back up and support. We will never win with Britt, Tolman, Jackson, Napa and Sue on the field. They are all to one dimensional and offer nothing in attack. Our backs look lost. Dummy half is poor.

They are all playing for Pay and each other we hear. Well how about playing harder, tougher, faster and smarter and playing for the fans.
No one is playing for dean pay. They are playing for a pay day, because most of them are off contract.. hence the disjointed attack and defence..

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I stopped reading at. Hes a really quality player. Lol i cant take it anymore, fu ck me ha ha

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Young blokes..our pack are more than experienced.. They are unfit and unbalanced. Your back line has an experienced half who sits back and allows the younger half to handle the ball more. We have enough experience but lack continuity. That's what happens when you chop n change plus not having the systems or voices to implement the system on the Field. The experienced guys are not leaders. JJ and foz are the "leaders". Both good players but don't have the voice to lead.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
COVID surely not helping our cause as no risk of fans boycotting games....

They would be forced to act quicker with dwindling crowd numbers under normal circumstances
Management will be forced to do something soon, its not just losing, its losing so badly. How do they expect to sign players/attract sponsors/sell memberships, merch etc.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think he has a point :p

I mean all we really need is Tedesco, sivo, stagg, Coates, Cleary, Pearce, grant, radley, taumalolo, Bateman, ponga, addo Carr, hass, Fifita, pangai, trobojovvich x2.

I think with these few signings along with our squad will make us a top 8 if not a top 7 team. So I agree with pay and Anderson. They have a point :p
We'd also need to get Nick Politis to keep us under the cap.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
No one is playing for dean pay. They are playing for a pay day, because most of them are off contract.. hence the disjointed attack and defence..
I totally agree. The players are just going thru the motions because they will get paid at the end of the day. Due to our cap issues, they will get picked no matter what. It’s like when you have a shit and uninspiring boss. You turn up and don’t put in the effort.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Facts
Ese'ese, Guerra, Moga, Pearce, Ponga, Watson, Glasby, Hunt, Klemmer, Lee, Mann, Brailey, McCullough, Shibasaki, Tuala

vs

Meaney, Cogger, Sue, CHN (lol), Crichton, Napa, DWZ, Stimson, Britt, Katoa

Dribble
"Do you watch our games? We have no Fucking game plan you dumb c***! Go suck Pay off!"
Cry me a river dumb ass!

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I bet you all I know the sales pitch he will use to the 2-3 top players he us trying to lure in to play for us. Pay - Now just imagine this. It's the 4th tackle and we are in the opposition 20, and Tolman takes the hit up.Boooooom, mind blown away, the new player signs with us for much less than what he can get elsewhere.

popablackhead

Waterboy
Reaction score
Dean pay needs help to sort the roster out I heard nathen brown on triple mon Saturday and hoe he sorted the knights out I really think he could help the club and coach out
The board should have real hard look at them self’s and worry about the things that can control like sponsors/marketing/ memberships/ culture with in the club I really think that nathen brown can help to get on the right path again

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Isn't it a coach that is meant to improve players instead of putting them down and making excuses for the players he has.
Again they beat decent teams at the ass end of last year.
FFS improve the players you have. If you can't them get another job you muppet
You muppets still don't get it do you? Remember last year?...Penrith playing like busteds?...Coach Cleary asked what will he do to fix them? He said...I don't know what the fuck the problem is. Or Seibol taking Suffs to within 1 game of GF in his first year only to go to Broncos with best roster of young guys in the comp only to fuck them up so much they have no idea what they are meant to do on the field.
Yes Pay had the team firing last year. 1st game this season our defence was huge...since then our defence has gone down the same drain our attack did.
Is it Pays fault Wakeham slips over chasing a kick through? Or Holland drops 2 bombs over his shoulder or Smith closes his hands allowing the ball to hit his fingers?
Sometimes shit happens. The more you try to concentrate on what your meant to do the more you fuck up.
Id simply like Pay to give each player a couple of jobs to achieve this week and tells the players as they are about to run out to go
AND HAVE SOME FUN.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Dean pay needs help to sort the roster out I heard nathen brown on triple mon Saturday and hoe he sorted the knights out I really think he could help the club and coach out
The board should have real hard look at them self’s and worry about the things that can control like sponsors/marketing/ memberships/ culture with in the club I really think that nathen brown can help to get on the right path again
Fuck brown... Knights had the most money out of anyone so they got Ponga. They only got Pearce because chooks cheated the cap to get Cronk and some of the former rooster coke fiends were already at Newcastle. Browny lucked out imo and Knights still haven't made the finals

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You muppets still don't get it do you? Remember last year?...Penrith playing like busteds?...Coach Cleary asked what will he do to fix them? He said...I don't know what the fuck the problem is. Or Seibol taking Suffs to within 1 game of GF in his first year only to go to Broncos with best roster of young guys in the comp only to fuck them up so much they have no idea what they are meant to do on the field.
Yes Pay had the team firing last year. 1st game this season our defence was huge...since then our defence has gone down the same drain our attack did.
Is it Pays fault Wakeham slips over chasing a kick through? Or Holland drops 2 bombs over his shoulder or Smith closes his hands allowing the ball to hit his fingers?
Sometimes shit happens. The more you try to concentrate on what your meant to do the more you fuck up.
Id simply like Pay to give each player a couple of jobs to achieve this week and tells the players as they are about to run out to go
AND HAVE SOME FUN.
Your last line sounds like what part of pays pre game speech would be... Run hard, tackle hard and have fun. Very JRL and right up his alley given his coaching ability