Dean pay on 2sm

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Notes from chat
*DP happy with backend of season 2019

*Losing KF is a massive loss for us

*it was said to DP that he got a headache to pick a back row for start of season pay on the following

Joe Stimson - mentioned how hard training has been in can play number of positions handy goalkicker quality country player is a top 17 player

CHN- gone to another level training the house down

JJ- training well AE same as JJ

RFM - happy how he played backend of the year found his spot in middle of the pack

Halfs
Lachlan Lewis - leading 7 for rd1

Brandon wakeham - impressive for Fiji and in couple of 1st grade games he mentioned him and JC will come down to trials who partners LL said all 3 have being training well mentioned BW more then JC but that don't mean anything

Players like Remis and meany have got confidents and walking around the joint like 1st graders all players have brought in what we put in place and we being working on our D. Looking forward to playing Parra rd1

Probably spelling errors I was trying to write it down in my work break didn't have Time to fix it up

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Notes from chat

*it was said to DP that he got a headache to pick a back row for start of season pay on the following

Joe Stimson - mentioned how hard training has been in can play number of positions handy goalkicker quality country player is a top 17 player

RFM - happy how he played backend of the year found his spot in middle of the pack

Halfs

Brandon wakeham - impressive for Fiji and in couple of 1st grade games he mentioned him and JC will come down to trials who partners LL said all 3 have being training well mentioned BW more then JC but that don't mean anything

Players like Remis and meany have got confidents and walking around the joint like 1st graders all players have brought in what we put in place and we being working on our D. Looking forward to playing Parra rd1

Probably spelling errors I was trying to write it down in my work break didn't have Time to fix it up
I heard the interview & that’s a really good summary mate. Heaps also asked for an update on Foran but there wasn’t really one

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
let's all be real, Deano has his halves pairing 90% locked in and unless the one on the outer has a blinder in the trials it wont change.
He wont be giving out any info on the team so other teams can learn and take advantage of their play style come round 1.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thanks for that mate.

I like Lewis, but I wonder how Pay has him as clear favourite ahead of Wakeham and Cogger. It really has to be based on defense.
I agree. But if we look at it this way, he is probably the best defensive half in the comp? Do you agree? I think most will. This being the case,if he can get his attacking plays in order, we have a distinct advantage over most teams. We don't have a week link in defense. Sort of.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Either way come round one I believe pay will make the best choice for the team.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thanks for that mate.

I like Lewis, but I wonder how Pay has him as clear favourite ahead of Wakeham and Cogger. It really has to be based on defense.
When Lewis first came on the scene he seemed like his own biggest critic and talked about feeling like he still needed to work on a lot of areas in his game. So perhaps he's gotten himself there by ensuring that he's done the work on those areas before training even commenced. Last year he had the impending birth of his first child to contend with and seemed like he had a little second year syndrome in attacking play. But with the extra responsibility of being a father I'm sure that he's realized that the opportunities to make a halves position his own is something he has to take himself, not rely on luck. He just strikes me as someone that can be very focused on his goals and perhaps he's just shown that at every stage through the pre-season.

I think with Sherwin coming in as a halves coach, he'd have had discussions with Pay about who deserved the first chance as well. Pay is secure for this year, but his future is riding on the teams performance, so I doubt he'd play favorites if it means he is even a skerrick more likely to be without a job himself as a result. So I'd think that this isn't a decision he made without a lot of thought.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Notes from chat

Halfs

Good post mate, thanks for posting

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Not buying in to any of the hype this season! I'll wait for round 6 to see if there is improvement.. sounds promising but this is Deja vu

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He’s not going to come out and say the preseason is just like last year is he?

Looking forward to Round 1. Just don’t lose to the Eels, please!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Let’s go 2020 !!! Another fucking month, it’s a painful wait.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
reading between the lines ... with Lewis guaranteed starting it really puts to bed that rumour we were thinking about swapping him with Addo Carr

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Thanks for that mate.

He tackles the house down. Yeh he's raw in attack but his defence might be the best in the team. Def helps him nail 1 half spot