Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ok cool, so Pay isn’t a shit coach. I agree with you on that one.

But you really got to take it easy before you burst a blood vessel bro
Mate, i still get panic attacks laying in bed when i think about Klopp not subbing Mane earlier for Shaqiri/Sturridge the other night...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No team can do well without a conductor it's as simple as that, and I too was critical of Pay, but play any team in this comp with JMK, Frawley, Mbye and Lichaa as the spine and see how they fair.. that's how I look at our season up until the past couple of months with Lewis and co
You should be critical, Pay went with JMK over Lewis.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's been well documented that Lewis was not a stand out at that stage.. persisting with JMK is questionable but I'm confident for 2019
Well documented by who? I said last year that Lewis should have been our half along with a few other posters. While he wasn't a stand out by any means he wasn't a nobody like some are trying to make out. Our ISP side improved and went on a run last year when he moved to the halves.

His performances this season in firstgrade far surpass what he has previously done and what i thought him capable of. While he still lacks a lot in terms of general creativity and running game, he seems to be nailing everything else.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There were too many variables this year to be judging Pay on (rookie coach, transfer of players, etc).

I would give him until about halfway next season before judging him. That way, he has a full offseason with a better team, as well as some coaching experience, and we can see whether he’s good or not.

The signs are good though. The players want to play for him, and both the coach and team will only improve from here.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There were too many variables this year to be judging Pay on (rookie coach, transfer of players, etc).

I would give him until about halfway next season before judging him. That way, he has a full offseason with a better team, as well as some coaching experience, and we can see whether he’s good or not.

The signs are good though. The players want to play for him, and both the coach and team will only improve from here.
That’s a sensible post

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well documented by who? I said last year that Lewis should have been our half along with a few other posters. While he wasn't a stand out by any means he wasn't a nobody like some are trying to make out. Our ISP side improved and went on a run last year when he moved to the halves.

His performances this season in firstgrade far surpass what he has previously done and what i thought him capable of. While he still lacks a lot in terms of general creativity and running game, he seems to be nailing everything else.
Pretty much most of the commentators... and I'm sure they are in a far better position to judge than we

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Pretty much most of the commentators... and I'm sure they are in a far better position to judge than we
Most the commentators? The same commentators TK constantly whine about? Lol.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are still far better judges than us. Anyway I don't think anybody expected him to go as well as he has, he's gone up many a notch in FG
Definitely, i do not think most critics expected him to be this good in his rookie year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
@dogwhisperer do you see where i'm coming from now when i talk about pressure? We come up against another side with little pressure on them and we're not even close. We can't keep bringing that intensity and carefree footy that has overwhelmed the opposition in recent weeks and the cracks show and parts of our game break away.

This isn't a post of me bagging Pay because we lost, but do you see why i have plenty of concerns with our systems and tactical side of our game? Sure different players coming in will change things but i can't help but feel we can easily slip into similar problems as the Raiders where we're relying on overwhelming the opposition with intensity and banking on some high risk plays coming off to get results.

Anyway we have the entire off season to work on this, hopefully we get the right systems in place so we're in a good position to be able to break teams down with plays and a plan we are comfortable in executing rather than just relying on what we're doing now. We have the players with the raw ability to compete for a spot in the 8, they just lack the polish and roles within the team to consistently be where we need them to be.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@dogwhisperer do you see where i'm coming from now when i talk about pressure? We come up against another side with little pressure on them and we're not even close. We can't keep bringing that intensity and carefree footy that has overwhelmed the opposition in recent weeks and the cracks show and parts of our game break away.

This isn't a post of me bagging Pay because we lost, but do you see why i have plenty of concerns with our systems and tactical side of our game? Sure different players coming in will change things but i can't help but feel we can easily slip into similar problems as the Raiders where we're relying on overwhelming the opposition with intensity and banking on some high risk plays coming off to get results.

Anyway we have the entire off season to work on this, hopefully we get the right systems in place so we're in a good position to be able to break teams down with plays and a plan we are comfortable in executing rather than just relying on what we're doing now. We have the players with the raw ability to compete for a spot in the 8, they just lack the polish and roles within the team to consistently be where we need them to be.
Valid points. The only thing we can do now is wait until next year and hope they get the right systems in and sign the right players. It’s gonna be a long offseason, but I’m genuinely excited for next season.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pay can only do so much but what is concerning is that if we don't get at least one more decent player in the spine, teams will just run all their defenders at Lewis

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pays rotation of out bench today was not good

He needs to overhaul the right edge defence completely change our defensive scheme

Minix

Waterboy
Reaction score
We need speed out the back

I dont know how serious the rumours are about Manu but Oates would be a delight on the wing

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Valid points but Pay has limited picks from the squad. Holland gets caught out as he has to help speed hump Frawley on the inside of him and if Remius stays on his wing, Holland gets beat by speed on the outside. If Remius jambs in, then Remius gets caught out like he did with Feki today. Problem is Frawley and thank fuck he won't be there.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Valid points but Pay has limited picks from the squad. Holland gets caught out as he has to help speed hump Frawley on the inside of him and if Remius stays on his wing, Holland gets beat by speed on the outside. If Remius jambs in, then Remius gets caught out like he did with Feki today. Problem is Frawley and thank fuck he won't be there.
Foran, Hoppa, Montoya
Frawley, Olive, Montoya
JMK, Hoppa, Montoya
JMK, Holland, Smith
Frawley, Holland, Smith

It doesn’t matter who is on the right as the defence system we use is and has been flawed all season

Status
Not open for further replies.