Dean Pay - Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I still don't feel that is a major issue. Our forwards just stand there flat footed like a bunch of bums. They train with him every day, they should be used to the speed of his service and should he able to recognise when the ball is coming. All they have to do start off a little deeper and be on the balls of their feet and go when they see it's time. I mean the fucking park footy lebo pack could do that lol.
Leicha's service is part of the issue. When he was dropped for Mbye last year. Our ruck speed improved dramaticly.

Use his running game as impact off the bench.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Leicha's service is part of the issue. When he was dropped for Mbye last year. Our ruck speed improved dramaticly.

Use his running game as impact off the bench.
I don't agree, our ruck speed didn't improbe that much it just looked smoother. And like i said, the park Lebo pack performed with Lichaa, or forwards just simply aren't aiming up and getting the job done.

ozdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Blame Dib and Des all you like.. if you think it's bad now... just wait if the Football board gain control of the Leagues club cashcow. Dibs mistakes will seem like nothing at all.

Des had most of these players defending brilliantly last year. Sure our attack was fucked, but then it was missing in action much of the Roosters & Storm game as well. One has to question what Pay exactly did in the pre season, as it appears all that he has done is remove any defensive nouse the players once had.

Players constantly move backwards in defence, which opposition must be pissing themselves over as it gifts them valuable metres. If it's not that it's dumb defensive choices, poor ball control, or mind blowingly dumb interchange options.

It's like we've transformed from a team that had shit attack, a shitcunt as a coach, BUT solid defence.... into a club that's just learning to play football.

Excuses only take you so far in life. Clearly we learned and improved on NOTHING from last week.
Get off dibs dick for a minute. He is to blame for the shit we are in not pay. He is the reason we are paying nearly 10% of our cap to other clubs for our players which should be ours. He is the **** that had the say in signing players, You blame Raelene for Tolman, but as chairman he signed off on the contract. Who did he think he was to go behind haslers back after 10pm at night with woods and co. At Belmore offering them the world?

Our atack is 100 times better this year, yes we have let in more points, majority have been long range efforts from simple one on one mistakes, let alone dropped balls, or obstructions which against any other team would have been pulled back.

The sad thing is we’re stuck with dib shit and hasbeens team for a couple of years till pay and co get the team they want, maybe like McGregor said on Thursday night he finally has the team he wanted, fuck they 2&0, we 0&2

Imposter

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Everyone forgetting this is still haslers side that he created,until 50% go u will still see park footy from the doggies,we are just making the numbers up again

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's quıte depressıng aye haha...
I swear dıscoverıng the kennel was probably my bıggest mıstake, atleast pre kennel days, ıf we got beat ıd just move on.
Cant belıeve how negatıve thıs sıte ıs. There was a lot of bloody posıtıves out the game just to add.
Fuck yes! I was thinking the same thing, I fucking love the dogs but fuck me this is shameful

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
and who may i ask is responsible for this squad we currently have? Dean pay? or your knights in shining armour des and dib?
Are you taking the piss?
Go back and reread (and more importantly comprehend) my post, then you'll see where I'm coming from.

Get off dibs dick for a minute. He is to blame for the shit we are in not pay. He is the reason we are paying nearly 10% of our cap to other clubs for our players which should be ours. He is the **** that had the say in signing players, You blame Raelene for Tolman, but as chairman he signed off on the contract. Who did he think he was to go behind haslers back after 10pm at night with woods and co. At Belmore offering them the world?

Our atack is 100 times better this year, yes we have let in more points, majority have been long range efforts from simple one on one mistakes, let alone dropped balls, or obstructions which against any other team would have been pulled back.

The sad thing is we’re stuck with dib shit and hasbeens team for a couple of years till pay and co get the team they want, maybe like McGregor said on Thursday night he finally has the team he wanted, fuck they 2&0, we 0&2
I rated your post as funny, because your reply is comical.

Go back. Read my post. Comprehend my post (instead of seeing the words Dib or Des and getting sand in your vag), and then come back with something constructive.

Allow me to highlight points made in my post all 3 of you have missed.

POINT 1: "if you think it's bad now... just wait if the Football board gain control of the Leagues club cashcow. Dibs mistakes will seem like nothing at all."
EXPLANATION: You'll need to read between the lines or have a little knowledge of the games the board are playing, BUT... remember that the players DID back the outed board (and for good reason). If you think the current board have the players 100% behind them, you would be lieing to yourself.

POINT 2: "Des had most of these players defending brilliantly last year. One has to question what Pay exactly did in the pre season, as it appears all that he has done is remove any defensive nouse the players once had."
EXPLANATION: Players don't magically forget in the off season how to position themselves, and how to defend. But it appears to be the case. Instead of coming up as a wall in defence like last year and spreading when required, instead we are taking steps backwards and letting the attack come to us (plus more). You CANNOT do that in the modern game.

POINT 3: "It's like we've transformed from a team that had shit attack, a shitcunt as a coach, BUT solid defence.... into a club that's just learning to play football."
EXPLANATION: We've forgotten how to defend and I've even acknowledged Des is a "shitcunt with shit attack".

POINT 4: "Clearly we learned and improved on NOTHING from last week."
EXPLANATION: Any good coach identifies problems in his teams performance the previous week, and works hard that week to ensure those issues don't reoccur the following week. This is clearly not the case.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Go back and reread (and more importantly comprehend) my post, then you'll see where I'm coming from.

I rated your post as funny, because your reply is comical.

Go back. Read my post. Comprehend my post (instead of seeing the words Dib or Des and getting sand in your vag), and then come back with something constructive.

Allow me to highlight points made in my post all 3 of you have missed.

POINT 1: "if you think it's bad now... just wait if the Football board gain control of the Leagues club cashcow. Dibs mistakes will seem like nothing at all."
EXPLANATION: You'll need to read between the lines or have a little knowledge of the games the board are playing, BUT... remember that the players DID back the outed board (and for good reason). If you think the current board have the players 100% behind them, you would be lieing to yourself.

POINT 2: "Des had most of these players defending brilliantly last year. One has to question what Pay exactly did in the pre season, as it appears all that he has done is remove any defensive nouse the players once had."
EXPLANATION: Players don't magically forget in the off season how to position themselves, and how to defend. But it appears to be the case. Instead of coming up as a wall in defence like last year and spreading when required, instead we are taking steps backwards and letting the attack come to us (plus more). You CANNOT do that in the modern game.

POINT 3: "It's like we've transformed from a team that had shit attack, a shitcunt as a coach, BUT solid defence.... into a club that's just learning to play football."
EXPLANATION: We've forgotten how to defend and I've even acknowledged Des is a "shitcunt with shit attack".

EXPLANATION: Any good coach identifies problems in his teams performance the previous week, and works hard that week to ensure those issues don't reoccur the following week. This is clearly not the case.
more dribble

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't agree, our ruck speed didn't improbe that much it just looked smoother. And like i said, the park Lebo pack performed with Lichaa, or forwards just simply aren't aiming up and getting the job done.
Our Forwards are the problem... Especially when they wait to get the ball to start running.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I feel for Pay in a way as he inherited this Roster. It’s not his team, it’s very much set up for Desball.

Positives: Mbye, RFM & JMK. Des would have never experimented with Mbye at fullback and look what we now see. RFM is proving to be our best forward. He deserves the minutes he’s playing. JMK, looks lively, another that would have never seen the light of day in the former regime.

BUT, I’m just not seeing the guys buy into Pay’s “Dogs of war” reboot at all... there is no sign of any madness, only a poor attitude in defence and a severe lack of aggression. That is Pay’s job, to motivate guys to want to run through brick walls and hit like a Sherman tank.

They still look a little lost in attack, expected a little more from Foran, but then again, the forwards are not setting the platform.

The true test comes this week, if Pay is serious about this season and holding players to account, he needs to make some hard line decisions. I have 4-5 players in mind that need to be dropped or require a wake up call.

If it’s the same 17 next week, I will formally say Pay is a downgrade from Des, and that is saying something!!

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
I feel for Pay in a way as he inherited this Roster. It’s not his team, it’s very much set up for Desball.

Positives: Mbye, RFM & JMK. Des would have never experimented with Mbye at fullback and look what we now see. RFM is proving to be our best forward. He deserves the minutes he’s playing. JMK, looks lively, another that would have never seen the light of day in the former regime.

BUT, I’m just not seeing the guys buy into Pay’s “Dogs of war” reboot at all... there is no sign of any madness, only a poor attitude in defence and a severe lack of aggression. That is Pay’s job, to motivate guys to want to run through brick walls and hit like a Sherman tank.

They still look a little lost in attack, expected a little more from Foran, but then again, the forwards are not setting the platform.

The true test comes this week, if Pay is serious about this season and holding players to account, he needs to make some hard line decisions. I have 4-5 players in mind that need to be dropped or require a wake up call.

If it’s the same 17 next week, I will formally say Pay is a downgrade from Des, and that is saying something!!
Im with ya. Except for the last bit - can't stand des as a person or a coach.
He needs to start loosin his shit and put some fear into the players otherwise Mr nice guy won't last long.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Broncos looked terrible last week.. Bennett got them up to beat one of the premiership favourites

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Broncos looked terrible last week.. Bennett got them up to beat one of the premiership favourites
Last week WB started Thaiday as starting hooker.

We were fucked before kick off.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes he’s inherited this roster but he’s had all summer to install his ‘bit of madness’

I honestly cannot see a difference other than worse defence

Love or loathe him Des inherited 2012 squad and we know how that turned out

Point is when you leak points in consecutive opening rounds it’s alarm bells

His rotation is horrible

His bench selection even worse

I don’t know where we go from here

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes he’s inherited this roster but he’s had all summer to install his ‘bit of madness’

I honestly cannot see a difference other than worse defence

Love or loathe him Des inherited 2012 squad and we know how that turned out

Point is when you leak points in consecutive opening rounds it’s alarm bells

His rotation is horrible

His bench selection even worse

I don’t know where we go from here
Some people think Des inherited a good side in 12 lol. Just because it ended up good doesn't mean it was.

I wouldn't have minded seeing Foran under Des for a bit.

To Pay. I agree with everything you said. No excuses either we were trash last year but didn't get PUMPED like this, this early lol.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im with ya. Except for the last bit - can't stand des as a person or a coach.
He needs to start loosin his shit and put some fear into the players otherwise Mr nice guy won't last long.
I was just thinking that watching Fox sports news.. The players will not wake up until the real Pay comes out and shocks the players how much of a hard man he is.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Far to deep? Watch again champ, they get the ball standing still, now that’s the problem, no one is steaming on to the ball at pace
I’d suggest you watch again, given you clearly didn’t watch the game. I’d then suggest you watch the Storm play. RL is a very simple game and the Storm are very predictable but they play that way and win. Please don’t honestly tell me Lichaa is the problem, it makes you sound like you started watching League last week for first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.