Dean Pay is as useless as Des

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He at least has the boys trying there butts off. I honestly can’t fault there effort. Just dumb decisions by the halves. Judge him next year when he has more of the style of team he wants. I put it down to this team doesn’t suit the style he wants to play. Be interesting to see the boys next week at Belmore. Pay should have them breathing fire.

Untamed

Previously wilddog
Reaction score
We can bag pay all we want but this team isn't getting flogged by anyone.
They are just not good enough, too slow, no skills & no vision.
Our halves by far are the worst in the nrl.
Good teams have good halves.
Ours are shit.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We just lack direction without a couple of good quality halves. That’s all it is really
Which is so disappointing when you think we waste a million a season on a guy who’s suppose to be that man. What a joke that signing was.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Pay got a side that came 12th last year, minus graham, plus a crippled half and out of sorts woods. He has no chance to make a good impression this year. If we are in the same position this time next year i might start tearing into him.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
14 rounds gone and even though we only have, 8 points ,but we have been very competitive,in just about all our games,but judging by what I have seen in all our games,a lot of our problems are with our coach,25 tries scored against Montoya ,and Hopoate,side of the field,nothing done,drops Martin for discipline reasons,but where's the discipline,when Woods mistakes so far have cost us 3 games,Frawley is and never will be a first grade player,our 2nd phase play is non existent,at present I think our isp side would beat us no problems,Dean needs to spend a couple more years,in the lower grades,cause at the moment our game,has not improved,and doesn't look likely.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
14 rounds gone and even though we only have, 8 points ,but we have been very competitive,in just about all our games,but judging by what I have seen in all our games,a lot of our problems are with our coach,25 tries scored against Montoya ,and Hopoate,side of the field,nothing done,drops Martin for discipline reasons,but where's the discipline,when Woods mistakes so far have cost us 3 games,Frawley is and never will be a first grade player,our 2nd phase play is non existent,at present I think our isp side would beat us no problems,Dean needs to spend a couple more years,in the lower grades,cause at the moment our game,has not improved,and doesn't look likely.
Ok you pick a better side. Remember stay in the top 30 and you can't buy anyone coz we don't have cap space. And oh yeah we have to sell a couple more players to stay under the cap. Good luck with that. But if it makes you feel better blame the coach.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sure Woods desire/motivation to compete is questionable, but he’s more of a threat in attack and I wouldn’t give him back for Graham.

Definitely take Reynolds back for Foran. Jeebus.
In total value to the team Graham shits on woods ...

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We are one halfback away from being a top 8 team. And add a decent fullback and hooker and we can hallenge with this team and coach. I can't believe in 6 years we haven't had a decent half. The previous admin and coach should be ashamed of themselves.

We win easy today with a decent half.

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't need anymore proof lol. He is just awful tactically and just can't come up with any meaningful plays. He seems to be doing a decent job with getting the boys up lately ao maybe he just needs a smart assistant to come in and work on the tactical side of the game? Idk, i'm jusy trying to be nice haha.
Being nice doesn’t suit you lol

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We are one halfback away from being a top 8 team. And add a decent fullback and hooker and we can hallenge with this team and coach. I can't believe in 6 years we haven't had a decent half. The previous admin and coach should be ashamed of themselves.

We win easy today with a decent half.
We probably would have won with Ben Roberts and Keating in the halves today I’m not even joking

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yet again we lose by 2 is this team a lot better than we all think??? This is the first placed dragons another one we should have won and they scrape in...same against the bunnies, Roosters, Broncos, Tigers, Sharks, panthers... our biggest losses have been 16 to Canberra 18 to roosters 18 to storm these are all top 8 sides our losses except tigers have been to top 8 sides...

The fact is we constantly hear how bad things are yet this team plays at a high level our major issue this year has been shutting games down which I thought Foran was brought here to do...

IMO pay is onto something he seems the type of coach the players want to play for and he knows how to get them up for games, the issue I see is simply his lack of game strategy and management which as a rookie coach in your first year you can understand this team is not far away at all can not fault effort or output as a dogs fan that’s all we can ask for
I agree with most of your post but as for Pay you have to realise that every time he makes a sub he is usually replacing a fringe NRL player or bringing one on for one of our so called big name players. It's not his game strategy or management that's the problem, it's depth of our roster. He doesn't have the standard of players to work with.
Now take that into account and the fact we are at the bottom of the ladder but losing the 50% of our matches by less than ten then imagine if he had a decent roster. Personally and as frustrating as it is at the moment I think too many so called fans are not looking at the big picture before judging Pay and are pissed that we aren't winning so he cops the blame.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whole team is useless like dean and des. FFS can’t watch this.
Just another imposter thinking Pay is the problem. Please do us all a favour and don't watch then.
The dragons have been smashing teams all year and people on here were predicting a smashing but in case you couldn't watch it I'll tell you they struggled to put us away because the so called 'useless team' that you called the Dogs didn't give up, they just didn't have the final polish to get the victory.
Go away if you want to put the team and coach down.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just another imposter thinking Pay is the problem. Please do us all a favour and don't watch then.
The dragons have been smashing teams all year and people on here were predicting a smashing but in case you couldn't watch it I'll tell you they struggled to put us away because the so called 'useless team' that you called the Dogs didn't give up, they just didn't have the final polish to get the victory.
Go away if you want to put the team and coach down.
yeah I'm not watching :grinning:

fireclust

Waterboy
Reaction score
It’s one thing to be stuck and have no options, it’s another to take the poor option and not learn from it.
Montoya needs to fuck off and learn positional play. He is the reason the right edge let’s in so many tries. He’s so bad he makes Hoppa look like a superstar. Pay NEEDS to drop him.

Status
Not open for further replies.