Dean Pay - Big Sports Breaky

Status
Not open for further replies.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The two tries I've seen him score at NRL level were as a result of the defense buying his dummies. And I honestly think he's not an elite half, but he's not the worst half going round in the NRL. And as I said, it's not ideal to judge his skills when he was rarely able to get his hands on the ball straight out of dummy half. I'll be giving him a clean slate to perform in what is hopefully a more attacking style of play this year. Maybe he will surprise some people.

Our support play last year left plenty to be desired. So hopefully under Pays coaching we'll have the whole line moving at pace and he'll be more decisive. I just don't want to write anyone off until we get to see what they're capable of when they're given a more free reign to play what they see in front of them which seems to be the message that Pay is sending out.
I'm with you about having a positive attitude and giving guys a go under the new coach before writing anyone off.
Our support play has been pretty non existent for a few years now but that’s mainly because of our fitness or lack thereof!

No Kant was pushing up !
Dead Right. We weren't prepared right in the last 2 off seasons and Des couldn't work out the reduction in interchange.

Great to hear they are doing a lot of catching and passing practice now. That'll make better footballers than sheep's blood.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bergamin was great in ISP/NYC last year and years before.
Carr had huge wraps on him at St George and was one of our top tryscorers in ISP last year.
Holland was Mr Average but that was under Hasler.
Cerruto is an international.
So you are agreeing with me when I said they were all shit because none of that shit is impressive or makes them good backup players

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So you are agreeing with me when I said they were all shit because none of that shit is impressive or makes them good backup players
Apart from the Roosters or Broncos, no other team has the salary cap to have former first graders with decent skills sitting on the bench/in reserves.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Apart from the Roosters or Broncos, no other team has the salary cap to have former first graders with decent skills sitting on the bench/in reserves.
Find me a team with worse backline depth than us.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Find me a team with worse backline depth than us.
Not in love with what the Dragons, Titans, Knights, Parra, Tigers, Broncos, Rabbit or Manly have for backup. In fact the only teams with any sort of solid backup in the backs are those who have blooded young blokes in the FG side and now have older blokes sitting back or coming back from injury. Salary cap stops teams from stockpiling players for any length of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.