Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Frawley can kick, but yeah he looks like he does it in slow motion. It could have been Des ball though... I trust Pay will pick the best person for halfback.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just like every player who played under Hasler, I’d like to see Frawley given a chance under pay!
Yeah he and Mbye get 2 games... Then Mbye can shift back to 5/8 and we go hard after RTS and turn him into a bulldog.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Frawley can kick, but yeah he looks like he does it in slow motion. It could have been Des ball though... I trust Pay will pick the best person for halfback.
Our ISP team was much better without Frawley in it, he's just a below average footballer.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I doubt we will make the 8.

We will be competetive and give teams a run for their money.

We just have more question marks than 8 or 9 other teams.

Our season will revolve around these few questions...

1. Will Mbye fire at FB.
2. Will Foran fire/ remain uninjured.
3. Will Lichaa step up (passing game still concerning)
4. What will our forward combination/rotation be

Either way im excited for change and 2018!!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think everyone just got blinded because we won a few early games with him.
Yh he kicked well in easy conditions and he brought something different to the current system so he somewhat stood out, it wasn't because he was a better player than everyone else. After the Parra game, Gutho said Frawley was the biggest threat because he wasn't doing what everyone else was doing, says it all really.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I watched a little bit of Frawley in reserve grade (pre-2017) and thought he was slow then, so I don’t think it is Des. I don’t rate Frawley at the moment, not good enough.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Frawley had a few games in FG and we know what he can and cant do. Cleeland has more natural skill than Frawley and deserves to be tried in the trials.
I have faith in Dean Pay to give them both a chance and stick with the best.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I doubt we will make the 8.

We will be competetive and give teams a run for their money.

We just have more question marks than 8 or 9 other teams.

Our season will revolve around these few questions...

1. Will Mbye fire at FB.
2. Will Foran fire/ remain uninjured.
3. Will Lichaa step up (passing game still concerning)
4. What will our forward combination/rotation be

Either way im excited for change and 2018!!!

This is a pretty fair prediction.

I am not expecting us to make the 8 either, which in a way makes me more excited for this season because the weight of expectation is not there so if we do make the 8, it will be way more exciting.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Doesn't really answer my question though. My question was more what did people see in frawley game that would make them think he'd thrive under a system different from haslers.

Because I really didn't see anything. He's got a dummy that he overuses and hence always gets closed down, It's a pretty poor dummy truth be told
The two tries I've seen him score at NRL level were as a result of the defense buying his dummies. And I honestly think he's not an elite half, but he's not the worst half going round in the NRL. And as I said, it's not ideal to judge his skills when he was rarely able to get his hands on the ball straight out of dummy half. I'll be giving him a clean slate to perform in what is hopefully a more attacking style of play this year. Maybe he will surprise some people.

Frawley is too slow kicking and too slow at passing. I agree with your Lichaa concerns but Frawley is the same. Both are too slow at passing.
Our support play last year left plenty to be desired. So hopefully under Pays coaching we'll have the whole line moving at pace and he'll be more decisive. I just don't want to write anyone off until we get to see what they're capable of when they're given a more free reign to play what they see in front of them which seems to be the message that Pay is sending out.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If we miss the 8 the fans will want Pays head... and Kennelers will lose thier shit.

Guarantee it.

With our roster both on paper and on performance there is zero excuse for missing the 8. Many other sides have many other massive changes.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't give a shit who is in the team I expect the Bulldogs to make the eight EVERY year.

Pay has a good foundation to start with imo. Australia front row, SOO player in JJ, Foran (who is supposedly fit), Hoppa, the Morris boys (older but still decent first grade players). Then good young talent with Montoya, Fualalo, Rfm, Elliot and Taulau.

He may have inherited this roster but it isn't bad at all imo. And if he doesn't get to the finals it's a big fail.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If we miss the 8 the fans will want Pays head... and Kennelers will lose thier shit.

Guarantee it.

With our roster both on paper and on performance there is zero excuse for missing the 8. Many other sides have many other massive changes.
Not really, i see plenty of potential reasons as to why we might not make the 8 at this this stage.

- Foran doesn't live up to everyones massive expectations.
- We can't produce a competent halves partner for Foran.
- Moses doesn't successfully transition to fullback.
- Ordinary backline.
- Lack of depth in the backline.

N

Natboy

Not really, i see plenty of potential reasons as to why we might not make the 8 at this this stage.

- Ordinary backline.
You’d find weaknesses in a team of immortals mate haha

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

- Ordinary backline.
Lack of speed. Still a question mark on lichaa. Forward rotation.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think everyone just got blinded because we won a few early games with him.
He came out firing. His first game for us he had the perfect kicking game, commanded the team around, played perfectly. Then like all inconsistent halves his performance dropped the next game, then again the game after, then again the game after that.

I'll give him this though. Every game he played at halfback he played really well. Every game at 5/8 he was rubbish. I didn't watch much of him in the second grade but I haven't heard anything to suggest he is worth focusing on.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

- Ordinary backline.
Forwards stop doing their job like they did the last season.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You’d find weaknesses in a team of immortals mate haha
There's nothing wrong with that, you can't be the best without knowing your strengths and weaknesses. All i'm saying is that i wouldn't be that suprised if we don't push for a spot in the 8 because of potential reasons like these. I do however expect us to finish in the 8.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lack of speed. Still a question mark on lichaa. Forward rotation.
Yh the lack of speed is also an area of concern, Moses is the only real speedster in the 17.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fkn Des. Has to be one of the worst cap managers ever.
That’s more of the responsibility of the ceo who was raelene castle at the time lol, hence her “resignation”.
But yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.