Dean Pay - Big Sports Breaky

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dean Pay really holds his cards close doesn't he..

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I hope we are competetive this year..... all signs point to we will be

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was honest
We ain't getting anyone this year
Cap full
He sounds honest because his got a media contract with Sky sports.. But something just tells me there maybe something in the works... He said the cap was full but everyone knows you can still player swap and that we didn't sign Brenko for nothing. After Baptiste I'm not sure if the Raiders still need to get rid of someone but we got someone for the perfect fit..

Sezer for Frawley?

Last edited:

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Me either. Would anyone be willing to give us a rundown on what was said?

- Boys have come back to training really fit and looking forward to training
- Training involves 30kms a week and a balancing act to not overwork players (weird question)
- Club is a great place to be with great people
- Players are led by Klem and Jacko who are "real bulldogs"
- Foran is doing well he is running and doing skills and is enjoying being at the club
- Communication is key with Foran and making sure his life has the balance it needs and then he will enjoy his football
- Mbye is a runner, a smart kid and has been training at fullback. Wants Mbye to just run the ball and not have to worry about creating plays
- Woods is back at training
- Asked if Klemmer had an injury and he does not
- Ensuring everyone is fit and in their best shape is a priority and we want to play nice aggressive football he wants teams to really earn wins over us
- Working on new combinations in attack, working on catch and pass fundamentals a lot and encouraging to play what is in front of them
- Sezer not coming this year our cap is pretty full at the moment but recruitment is always an ongoing process
- Klem, Woods and Jacko mentioned as in the running for captain not too sure when it will be announced but should be within 3-4 weeks (makes it sound like no choice has been made)

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
- Boys have come back to training really fit and looking forward to training
- Training involves 30kms a week and a balancing act to not overwork players (weird question)
- Club is a great place to be with great people
- Players are led by Klem and Jacko who are "real bulldogs"
- Foran is doing well he is running and doing skills and is enjoying being at the club
- Communication is key with Foran and making sure his life has the balance it needs and then he will enjoy his football
- Mbye is a runner, a smart kid and has been training at fullback. Wants Mbye to just run the ball and not have to worry about creating plays
- Woods is back at training
- Asked if Klemmer had an injury and he does not
- Ensuring everyone is fit and in their best shape is a priority and we want to play nice aggressive football he wants teams to really earn wins over us
- Working on new combinations in attack, working on catch and pass fundamentals a lot and encouraging to play what is in front of them
- Sezer not coming this year our cap is pretty full at the moment but recruitment is always an ongoing process
- Klem, Woods and Jacko mentioned as in the running for captain not too sure when it will be announced but should be within 3-4 weeks (makes it sound like no choice has been made)
Thanks mate. Great work

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Best part of the whole interview was he pointed to fitness. We have looked tired as a football team. Maybe on vmax scores and in labs we were in good condition but on the field we looked out on our feet regularly. And it was the worst thing to watch.

To be competitive for the full 80 will be the most pleasing aspect for mine. Watching the eels smash teams for 80 mins without stopping. The watching us run around like fairies. No big hits no line speed to big runs. Standing flat. Was a disgrace to watch. Known how pay played the game if he can get us into shape and bring out some of his own playing styles and attributes to the team it will be fun to watch. Not expecting a premiership. But if we are in every game and our defence is crunching I will be happy to watch it.

If I see tolman taking hit ups 10 out I might flip a switch :p haha. But was very pleased with what I heard. Exciting times ahead and for some reason I believe it this time. Hasler never had the clubs best interest in mind. And if you think he did look at who he recruited and how we played. He was a big advocate for jobs for the boys.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope they appoint one bloke. Instead of 17 :p nothing worse then half the team being captains haha.

I think JJ deserves his the spot as do a few others. But logically on and off field Jackson doesn’t put a foot wrong.
Most logical choice

80 minute player
Bulldogs junior
Key player for us
Mr dependable
Rep player
Respected on and off the field
Knows how to talk to the media

Most logical choice

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Captain will surely be Jacko. But maybe he is setting up for a 3 way captaincy by name dropping the other two. Share some duties between the 3 but I would say Jacko would be the man to run things during games as he is there the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.