Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Dean Britt

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update on Luemelu!

Id only keep Katoa from the off contract list
I like Kalache he’s been great in CCup this year so I’d like to keep him around and see how he develops. Tass is still Flegg age so he might even get another development contract if you can give them out for a second year? Harper I’m 50/50 he’s really regressed this year so I’d like to keep him but wouldn’t be that upset if we didn’t.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Havnt seen him at all, so I'm an expert.

Let's go Britt!!!!! Lol

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we sign Britt, Ese’ese, Koroisau, Ramien on top of Stimson and DWZ then recruitment has absolutely nailed it!
If it means working with the space in the cap that's available then bravo. Would still probably have wanted a top shelf prop rather then Britt and Ese tbh though.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Britt has shown he can play first grade this year and it’s not like he’s been bought as a starter. He isn’t a bad depth signing.
This is exactly how I look at it.

I mean let’s be serious he isn’t likely to be on a lot more then minimum. I don’t think he’s shit. I’ve actually watched him a lot on the bunnies game. He started for them at prop a few weeks back and he went pretty well. He is a tough no frills bloke. In all honesty I think he will go ok on the bench.

We clearly need some attacking backs, hooker, half etc. big props too! Though if we land Herman, api and Raimen the club have done signing some big upgrades and slots we need without getting any stars or huge $ spent.

Think 2020 with those and a ton of cap to spend still could be :

Dwz
Okunbor/Meaney
Hoppa
Raimen
Smith
Cogger/Foran/Lewis/wakeham for 6-7
Tolman
API
Napa
Stimson
Chn
Jackson

Herman
2 of Britt/Ogden/to’omaga/Raymond/Elliott/Sue/kalache

Jmk/wakeham maybe for a utility?

Again not winning the Comp though sure we shit not bottom 4 and hopefully 6-8th. With a cheque book to shop still

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it means working with the space in the cap that's available then bravo. Would still probably have wanted a top shelf prop rather then Britt and Ese tbh though.
Britt and Ese’ese would probably be on a combined $600k and that’s a very high estimate. You wouldn’t get a too shelf prop for that.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rule Brittannia marmalade and jam five Chinese cracks up your.....let's just hope he plays harder and hits harder than the powder puffs we already have.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Britt and Ese’ese would probably be on a combined $600k and that’s a very high estimate. You wouldn’t get a too shelf prop for that.
Pretty sure we can find another 100k from somewhere to manage that. If RFM is still on outer then It probably wouldn't be an issue..

Would just rather gamble on Ogden, Kalache and RT for one more yr rather then let them languish in reserves.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure we can find another 100k from somewhere to manage that. If RFM is still on outer then It probably wouldn't be an issue..

Would just rather gamble on Ogden, Kalache and RT for one more yr rather then let them languish in reserves.
We don’t have that many players off contract so if you use all that cash on a top shelf prop you might not have enough left to pay a couple of players on minimum wage to get fill the squad to 25.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We don’t have that many players off contract so if you use all that cash on a top shelf prop you might not have enough left to pay a couple of players on minimum wage to get fill the squad to 25.
Its all fizzle if we have no idea what's going on the books anyway.. Will naturally speculate a team where Tolman and Napa are your starting props and you have a near dozen other smiliar props to fill in the other spots.

Last edited:

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its all fizzle if we have no idea what's going on the books anyway.. Will naturally speculate a team where Tolman and Napa are your starting props and you have a near dozen other smiliar props to fill in the other spots.
Wouldn't Tolman be close to retirement considering he would be 31 next year?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tolman will keep going till his 34-35 I reckon. Probably get one more short contract the dogs before he leaves.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Out of respect for his old man who was awesome I will decide when I have watched him play a bit.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
As a prop he’s in his prime haha but you would think all the hit ups on the 4th tackle will eventually take their Toll... if his willing to reduce his minutes to around 45-50 per game and his not breaking the bank he can play another 2-3 seasons. As ineffective as he is with the ball he does work hard and probably trains hard, doesn’t get involved in any off field incidents etc ...

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven’t seen much of him but two top teams thought enough of him to play first grade at various stages with their strong squads. Probably only plays a few games for us off the bench but I’ll back him

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whether he's a squad filler or pushes his way into the team, we do need 30 players and he won't break the bank. I watched just enough of a South's game recently to think he's reasonably good without being a game breaker. He didn't star but didn't look out of place at NRL level. So I don't expect the world from him, but think he's going to get a few chances to claim a top 17 spot.

It's up to him to impress the coaching staff to establish himself. If he fails to establish himself it's not a huge issue given that he'll start out as a depth signing. I'm hopeful that he takes a leaf out of his dad's book and winds up earning the same kind of respect I had for his dad.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Could be alright. Will hold judgment!!

His father played for us for many years, so Im happy to see him play for us also.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still think Britt is a shit signing, imagine having Tolman, Britt an Elliott on together... Lol.
You forgot one.
Thats a wet dream for pay you forgot c.smith
^ He beat me to it.
Whether he's a squad filler or pushes his way into the team, we do need 30 players and he won't break the bank. I watched just enough of a South's game recently to think he's reasonably good without being a game breaker. He didn't star but didn't look out of place at NRL level. So I don't expect the world from him, but think he's going to get a few chances to claim a top 17 spot.

It's up to him to impress the coaching staff to establish himself. If he fails to establish himself it's not a huge issue given that he'll start out as a depth signing. I'm hopeful that he takes a leaf out of his dad's book and winds up earning the same kind of respect I had for his dad.
Yeah that's it. Would probably be on the same money as Francis Talau so will be depth option and if he goes well, then that's cream.