Official Dean Britt official with us for 2 years

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Commentator:Tolman takes the ball on the 4th. He’s driven back 5m and offloads to Elliot who runs 10m sideways and driven back another 5 metres, but he gets the ball away to Britt who makes a 1 metre gain. Bulldogs kicking from in their 20m
Yuck

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People do realize that Dean Britt is already 25 and has only had 15 career NRL games? He's played a lack of games for a reason.
It isn't ideal but also not the be all and end all. Some forwards develop much later than others and he's played at Melbourne and Souths the whole time so cracking those lineups isn't easy.

Britt will be a bench or backup squad player. If he doesn't kick on, he'll play reserves and no harm done financially. If he steps up, then he'd be a bargain signing.

Darren himself didn't do much til his late 20's and then he got better with age. Hopefully Dean follows suit.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It isn't ideal but also not the be all and end all. Some forwards develop much later than others and he's played at Melbourne and Souths the whole time so cracking those lineups isn't easy.

Britt will be a bench or backup squad player. If he doesn't kick on, he'll play reserves and no harm done financially. If he steps up, then he'd be a bargain signing.

Darren himself didn't do much til his late 20's and then he got better with age. Hopefully Dean follows suit.
Yeah i think he is a good buy like u say his young and may get better certainly better than a few we have now

Last edited:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That doesn't necessarily mean much though. Some players just hit their straps later in their careers.
Bellamy and Bennett don't think he's good enough yet we're signing him...

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He can start by eating chicken in belmore daily and bulk the fuck up.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bellamy and Bennett don't think he's good enough yet we're signing him...
Bennett has used him quite frequently this year and the bunnies have pretty good forwards. If we'd opted to blow big money on a high profile prop right now there would be more people screaming the house down about it because a hooker and centre are high on our list of priorities.

Some people are not going to be satisfied unless we only sign stars in every position.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looked pretty good the other day to me. Better than some of the middle men we have running around for us now.

Malla

Reaction score

It’s not always a bad thing when players don’t crack first grade until the mid 20s. You are correct most forwards take a while to peak anyway.
This is a low risk high reward signing. Much prefer this than overpaying Herman

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Looked pretty good the other day to me. Better than some of the middle men we have running around for us now.
This.

Plus as someone else said we need depth. Tualau is gone as someone said and I mean I know some here rate Danny fualalo but he’s has had years and done nothing. He isn’t as promising as what I’ve seen from Britt.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Before anyone calls me a Pay lover, I'm not. Lol far from it, but I think he's done well with his recruitment.

Britt and Stimpson look decent. CHN and DWZ are good pick ups. I like Cogger now, he is developing nicely. Meaney has a way to go but has something too.

Napa a let down but isn't as bad as what some on here are saying.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before anyone calls me a Pay lover, I'm not. Lol far from it, but I think he's done well with his recruitment.

Britt and Stimpson look decent. CHN and DWZ are good pick ups. I like Cogger now, he is developing nicely. Meaney has a way to go but has something too.

I have to agree, especially if we manage to sign Ramien and Koroisau.

Napa has been the only disappointment for me, but he was going great before he was injured, so not sure what’s happening with him.

Also re-signing Lichaa, but he hit that great patch of form at the end of 2017, so I don’t really blame him for that. Hindsight is a great thing.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

For me it would be perfect if we could land koroisau and ramien

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For me it would be perfect if we could land koroisau and ramien
Agreed. Assuming they wouldn't be on too much if we get them, then we can still go for players for 2021 when we are really cashed up.

Last edited:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Bennett has used him quite frequently this year and the bunnies have pretty good forwards. If we'd opted to blow big money on a high profile prop right now there would be more people screaming the house down about it because a hooker and centre are high on our list of priorities.

Some people are not going to be satisfied unless we only sign stars in every position.
Bennett used him when he had no other options and all the Burgess brothers were out.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bennett used him when he had no other options and all the Burgess brothers were out.
There were plenty of other options, and the burgess boys yes are internationals freak.
Bennet has used him many times this year when the burgess boy's played as well.
Are u trying to find a way to dislike the guy ?
I question deano a bit, so i should he needs to bring smart heads in around him or replace him. but i do not dislike him.
This blokes on the up, more so then some of our forwards on thr same money.
Give him a chance.
Price wise hes a better signing than napa imo.