Daylight savings

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm working Chistmas Eve, if we were open Christmas I'd work it too as Christmas doesn't mean shit to me. I only have one brother who doesn't care about Christmas and the rest of my family have passed away. I got 2 kids but I don't get to have them at Christmas so really Christmas is just a normal day to me.

I'll just do what I normally do and get drunk at home by myself and play video games lol.
I wish there was a sad emoticon, its needed for this post!
I’m not a father, but it sucks you dont get to be with your kids on Christmas.

I agree its just another day, but Christmas means everything to kids.
If I have kids I don’t think I’ll go full retard on Christmas like my parents did for me?

If I have kids I don’ want to give them any false hope or illusions.
My parenting methods would be like Davey Jones in pirates of the Caribbean.
Not the servitude part, but the life is cruel why should the afterlife be any different? part.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah that'd be hard too man. But as you say just gotta do what you gotta do. I'm going back underground soon so hoping to get on dayshift there. Back to normal! Been too long on nights
So I gather you're working in the mines then? I'm a Baker but where most would start at 3 or 4 in the morning I start at like 10 or 11 at night because I work in a smaller shop I have to get the majority of stuff done before the girls come in to serve because it makes it hard working around eachother because of the limited room.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wish there was a sad emoticon, its needed for this post!
I’m not a father, but it sucks you dont get to be with your kids on Christmas.

I agree its just another day, but Christmas means everything to kids.
If I have kids I don’t think I’ll go full retard on Christmas like my parents did for me?

If I have kids I don’ want to give them any false hope or illusions.
My parenting methods would be like Davey Jones in pirates of the Caribbean.
Not the servitude part, but the life is cruel why should the afterlife be any different? part.
In the 8 years I've been separated from my ex I have only had my kids once for Christmas and that was the first Christmas after the break up, and the amount of shit it caused even ruined that time anyway. It's a shit situation but life goes on.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
In the 8 years I've been separated from my ex I have only had my kids once for Christmas and that was the first Christmas after the break up, and the amount of shit it caused even ruined that time anyway. It's a shit situation but life goes on.
That sucks, you have the right to see your kids.
There’s sick fucks out there who are horrible people with so many Skelton’s they spilling out of the closet.

Then there’s kind hearted people like you (so many in the world) who get treated worse than a member of the Manson family!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
That sucks, you have the right to see your kids.
There’s sick fucks out there who are horrible people with so many Skelton’s they spilling out of the closet.

Then there’s kind hearted people like you (so many in the world) who get treated worse than a member of the Manson family!
I hear ya champ, I actually haven't seen my kids properly in about 2 years. My work life makes it hard as I slept days and work nights and dealing with my ex is never an easy task when it comes to the kids. Plus they live in the next town over from me. All in all it's just a shit situation. Hopefully when they are a bit older and can do what they want that they will be able to have more to do with me.

Anyhow, kinda gone off topic but I know I ain't the only bloke to go through that shit. I'm not ok with how it is but I accept it as it it. I try not to dwell on it as there is no point upsetting myself over it.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I gather you're working in the mines then? I'm a Baker but where most would start at 3 or 4 in the morning I start at like 10 or 11 at night because I work in a smaller shop I have to get the majority of stuff done before the girls come in to serve because it makes it hard working around eachother because of the limited room.
I used to for nearly 10 yrs, then left them when the downturn got really bad, work at a power station now but sounds like I've got a start back in the pits yeah.
Ah yeah that makes sense. How many of you work night shift at the bakery?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used to for nearly 10 yrs, then left them when the downturn got really bad, work at a power station now but sounds like I've got a start back in the pits yeah.
Ah yeah that makes sense. How many of you work night shift at the bakery?
I work by myself for most of the time. My boss comes and goes, sometimes he'll be working before I get to work and leave not long after I start or he comes in in the morning an hour or so before I finish. Sometimes I don't see him at all lol. There is another Baker who works before I start be he is usually gone before I get there.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear ya champ, I actually haven't seen my kids properly in about 2 years. My work life makes it hard as I slept days and work nights and dealing with my ex is never an easy task when it comes to the kids. Plus they live in the next town over from me. All in all it's just a shit situation. Hopefully when they are a bit older and can do what they want that they will be able to have more to do with me.

Anyhow, kinda gone off topic but I know I ain't the only bloke to go through that shit. I'm not ok with how it is but I accept it as it it. I try not to dwell on it as there is no point upsetting myself over it.
Mate I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. If you ever need anyone to have a chat with or anything feel free to msg me. I went through your situation a while back. I have my daughter full time now but I know what you're going through and how it makes you feel so the offers there if it ever gets on top of you ok bro

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mate I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. If you ever need anyone to have a chat with or anything feel free to msg me. I went through your situation a while back. I have my daughter full time now but I know what you're going through and how it makes you feel so the offers there if it ever gets on top of you ok bro
Cheers mate, I'm pretty good with things hey. I've been through that much shit and heart break in my life that nothing really fazes or bothers me these days. I just go with the flow. I honestly don't get upset about these things anymore. I just live my life mate. But cheers again.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score

It’s ok I dont care about subjects going off topic. I’m an off topic guy lol.
My older brothers ex never really let him have custody of his daughter.

It sucks, because I’ve got a grown up niece who is a complete stranger to me!
I met her a couple of times when she was 6 years old.
Must really piss his ex off that she inherited her good looks and brain from our side of the family?

What’s funny, she hasn’t had nothing to do with my brother and she aced history in year 12 and is apparently at University level!

My brother too was good at history and scored well with it in school.
But my mum and dad were going through good ol divorce at the time so no doubt that had an effect on his schooling?

My brother doesn’t hold animosity towards his ex over it though.
He is happy she raised her well in a scumbag part of Sydney and she has thrived and overcome all the shit around her.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheers mate, I'm pretty good with things hey. I've been through that much shit and heart break in my life that nothing really fazes or bothers me these days. I just go with the flow. I honestly don't get upset about these things anymore. I just live my life mate. But cheers again.
No problems mate, you're obviously a strong dude so keep living your life that way bro. It will all work itself out in the end.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s ok I dont care about subjects going off topic. I’m an off topic guy lol.
My older brothers ex never really let him have custody of his daughter.

It sucks, because I’ve got a grown up niece who is a complete stranger to me!
I met her a couple of times when she was 6 years old.
Must really piss his ex off that she inherited her good looks and brain from our side of the family?

What’s funny, she hasn’t had nothing to do with my brother and she aced history in year 12 and is apparently at University level!

My brother too was good at history and scored well with it in school.
But my mum and dad were going through good ol divorce at the time so no doubt that had an effect on his schooling?

My brother doesn’t hold animosity towards his ex over it though.
He is happy she raised her well in a scumbag part of Sydney and she has thrived and overcome all the shit around her.
Yeah I can't knock my ex when it comes to her and mothering my kids. They are well looked after, always dressed nice, feed well and she does all she can to help with their schooling and so forth. When it comes to me and the kids she can be difficult to work with. But all the anger and animosity I had with her years ago I've let go of.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
No problems mate, you're obviously a strong dude so keep living your life that way bro. It will all work itself out in the end.
Thanks mate. I wasn't always that strong, but tough times make for tougher people.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wow. Is it lonely in there on those days?
Nah, we usually do a BBQ or something.
The missus and kids and I do Christmas earlier anyway (24th or 23rd), because usually on Christmas Day, we're on the fucken road all day.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nah, we usually do a BBQ or something.
The missus and kids and I do Christmas earlier anyway (24th or 23rd), because usually on Christmas Day, we're on the fucken road all day.
That's what I like about this time of year and throughout summer....BBQ season!!

The smell of BBQ and fresh cut grass, while drinking a few beer beverages on a warm day....that's the tastes and smells of summer!!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Just to add if you want to have a good yarn with an Indian.

Simply chat about scoring bargains,never paying full price and how much you love getting shit for free!

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone still using a wind up watch?
If you're not from Queensland then you have to make sure your clocks are set.

Btw Queenslanders. Stop acting as though i thought of daylight saving.

Right now there's a bunch of Queenslanders bitching about how stupid it is and how they the best state in the nation because they don't do it!

Btw whose to blame? The farmers or Kerry Packer?