David Klemmler vs Gorden Tallis boxing match?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score
http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/st...000-to-box-david-klemmer-20150625-ghxjav.html

Queensland rugby league legend Gorden Tallis will be offered $50,000 to take on NSW State of Origin forward David Klemmer in a boxing bout.

Tallis criticised Klemmer after the Canterbury youngster seemed to have a running battle with most of the Maroons' pack in the second Origin clash at the MCG.

"I didn't run in and push people and stand there and do all that," Tallis said on MMM radio.

"Everybody forgets, I never ran in and pushed. Yeah, I did punch people when they got in my face. He (Klemmer) would've been one of them, 100 per cent."

New Zealand-based Duco Events is prepared to pay Tallis to punch Klemmer in Hamilton on December 5 in their annual Fight for Life charity boxing show, which has previously featured league stars including Blues captain Paul Gallen, Sam Thaiday and Willie Mason.

"We would like to offer Gorden the opportunity to fight against David Klemmer," Duco Events director David Higgins told AAP on Thursday.

"We will pay Gorden $50,000 Australian and we will pay for his training expenses.

"The fight will be (over) three two-minute rounds, wearing headgear and 16-ounce gloves, so it's got a very safe track record - there's no dramas.

"It's really a test of skill and fitness. It's up to Gorden."

Duco's unbeaten world-ranked New Zealand heavyweight Joseph Parker (14-0) will fight his first major Australian opponent, with Bowie Tupou (25-3) meeting the rising Kiwi star on August 1 in Invercargill.

Higgins said Duco's Australian welterweight Jeff Horn (10-0-1), who will fight Ukraine's Victor Plotnykov on the same card, had climbed to No.10 in the WBO rankings after his latest win earlier this month in Palmerston North.

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on David Klemmer maybe having a boxing match??

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe they should offer an extra incentive for every additional Queensland player Klemmer KOs!

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tallis will get humiliated in a boxing match with klemmer, he'd have a better chance in a mma match. Klemmers reach, height and youth would all be to much for him.

This is a joke anyway and would make the game look like a circus.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Tallis couldn't last 3 x 2 second rounds. Would be great to watch though.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Would be funny to watch, I would hardly say it is a fair match up though.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Duco are famous for putting on "freak show" fights and then charge 40 bucks for the shit. Im sure recently they had a fat guy fighting two guys LOL, one after the other. They were even trying to put this guy who was wrongfully convicted in against a policeman, until it blew up all over the news.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on David Klemmer maybe having a boxing match??
If it ever happened, and it wont, the way the Bulldogs fate is going with the referees and judiciary Klem would probably be charged with GBH or attempted murder before the fight was over.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Full on copied my signature lol

On topic, let's see if that little bitch will take up this offer, he has no reason not too, this is all in the name of charity.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Boxing is a sport of skills, speed , stamina and strength talis has no skills no speed no stamina and maybe he has strength .I think talis won't last in the ring and won't move like klemmer , talis will punch him self out then klemmer will Ko him.

doggedforlife

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
a bit like rocky in last balboa movie .... unfortunately for tallis he would not go the distance of 3 rounds
klemmer would floor him in the first round ... it would be ugly

Doggies2015

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Full on copied my signature lol

On topic, let's see if that little bitch will take up this offer, he has no reason not too, this is all in the name of charity.
No I didn't I had it on the Thursday after Origin, but if you want me to change it, what ever.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No I didn't I had it on the Thursday after Origin, but if you want me to change it, what ever.
oh gees calm down, wasn't picking on you or anything. Chill pill bud

Malla

Reaction score
Through this whole Tallis/Klemmer saga I have not seen or read one quote from Klemmer.

Something Tallis probably should have exemplified is what happens on the field should stay on the field.

Just an old hack trying to gain some relevance over somebody who is clearly superior.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Through this whole Tallis/Klemmer saga I have not seen or read one quote from Klemmer.

Something Tallis probably should have exemplified is what happens on the field should stay on the field.

Just an old hack trying to gain some relevance over somebody who is clearly superior.
Or just bait trolling for a reaction but good point you've made there. If he's silent on purpose just shows he's a much more mature man than Tallis and not putting himself on his level

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Fukin stupid idea with no winners! Klemmer smashes him then he beats a bloke 15 years out of his prime and proves nothing. Tallis lands a punch and destroys Klemmers confidence for the same reasons. I know....and stick with me on this..... maybe some could wear a black t-shirt with "bring back the biff" on it and really make us look good......oh what, already done?

doggedforlife

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fukin stupid idea with no winners! Klemmer smashes him then he beats a bloke 15 years out of his prime and proves nothing. Tallis lands a punch and destroys Klemmers confidence for the same reasons. I know....and stick with me on this..... maybe some could wear a black t-shirt with "bring back the biff" on it and really make us look good......oh what, already done?

chu that ..... could also be ugly.....

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Let's see how this inbred hasbeen pussy will weasel out of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.