Official David klemmer signs 5 year 4.3m deal with Newcastle Knights

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
"FaMiLy ReAsOnS"

Give me a break. If it was a move to another state it would be more believable but Newcastle lol really?

Why the fuck would we top him up if he still had 2 years on his contract?
Klemmer is a scum and a fuckwit hope he gets a season ending injury.
It was a decision about long term job security and money. Our new wage structure means we aren't going to be throwing 800k + at forwards any more. Pay and Anderson won't be having it.

Imagine if Des was in charge... we'd have atleast 4 forwards on 800k OR over.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
"FaMiLy ReAsOnS"

Give me a break. If it was a move to another state it would be more believable but Newcastle lol really?

It was a decision about long term job security and money. Our new wage structure means we aren't going to be throwing 800k + at forwards any more. Pay and Anderson won't be having it.

Imagine if Des was in charge... we'd have atleast 4 forwards on 800k OR over.
Yeah that’s exactly right .

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lets bring the children up in a shit fight where Redneck Commies are trying to take control of the City and brainwash everybody.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
David Klemmer has spoken for the first time about his abrupt exit from Canterbury, adamant his decision to sign a five-year deal with the Knights isn't about money.

Klemmer hasn't surfaced since requesting an immediate release from the Bulldogs last month, but the 24-year-old sat down with NRL.com after finalising his deal on Monday to address the issues surrounding his premature departure from Belmore.

The NSW and Australian prop insists money wasn't the motivation behind his release, despite suggestions the father of three was heading to the Knights to fill his wallet.

NRL.com understands Klemmer will earn less per season at the Knights over five years than he stood to earn per year in his final two years at the Bulldogs.

"I'm not going for money," Klemmer told NRL.com.

"People think they know what happens in people's lives but I'm not selfish. I am taking my family to an environment that I think they need. I am putting what I believe is my family's best interests ahead of everything else. If people think that's selfish then I can live with it."

While it has been well documented their have been some delicate contractual issues with Klemmer's most recent deal at the Bulldogs, the prop refused to take aim at the club.

"I love the Bulldogs. Always have, always will," he said.

"I grew up pretending I was Hazem El Masri and all I've ever wanted was to play for the Bulldogs. I'm proud of everything I achieved and did for the club. I'm proud I am part of the history of such a great club.

"In business, things happen, but I'll never say a bad word about the club. They've given me everything I've got. I know the fans will be disappointed and they have every right to be, but at this point in my life I know I am making the right decision."

When Klemmer fronted Bulldogs chief executive Andrew Hill last month alongside his wife Chloe - his high school girlfriend he has since married and had three boys with - it was clear Newcastle was his preferred destination given his desire to move away from Sydney.

He asked for a release from the club on compassionate grounds but didn't want to delve into his private affairs.

"I'm not going to get into it," he said.

"I don't feel the need to justify it. It's my own business. What I will say is that I think Newcastle, not just as a club but as a city, will make me a better person. And I hope I can contribute to helping make Newcastle a better football team in return.

"I have a lot of development left in me and I think that fits in well with what Browny is building at the club.

"From the outside, as a footy fan it's been exciting to see the way Newcastle has been rebuilt and I want to be part of it. From the moment I met Browny I knew I wanted to be there."

Knights recruitment manager Troy Pezet, who was also Klemmer's first manager, led the club's pursuit of Klemmer alongside Brown.

However, Knights halfback and captain Mitchell Pearce has also played a significant role in convincing Klemmer his future belonged in Newcastle.

"Pearcey has been great," Klemmer said.

"I've played Origin with him and he actually tried to help me out on a personal level during our time together. He gave me a book on spirituality in camp last year to try help me deal with things away from the field.

"I think we're pretty similar. We can play things out in our head, so sometimes we need help clearing the head noise. To hear how much Newcastle helped him, it definitely made me comfortable knowing it’s where I want to call home for the next five years."

Klemmer is one of a number of high profile players to depart Belmore in the past 12 months.

His close friend Aaron Woods was moved on mid-season, so too fullback Moses Mbye. It comes on the back of favourite sons Josh Reynolds and James Graham being squeezed out at the end of 2017.

The departure of those players has had a significant impact on the squad, but probably none more so than Klemmer.

"I'd be lying if I said that it hasn’t taken a toll," he said.

"Those guys are some of the closest people in my life and it hurt seeing them leave. One by one the people you love and respected were gone. It showed me that this is a business. The club did what the club had to do. It wasn't personal but they put the club first. I'm doing the same thing.

"Players come and players go. It's sad that my time at the club is up but they've got a world class player in Dylan Napa coming in to go with some of the impressive talent that came through last year. I really hope the club returns to success very soon."

While Klemmer isn't due back to training until mid-December, the prop is expected to begin his tenure with the Knights on Monday such is his willingness to be part of the preseason.

"I just want to get into it," he said.

"I'm so excited about this new chapter in my life. I'm excited about playing alongside blokes like Pearcey and Kalyn Ponga. I can't tell you how much I'm excited about next year. You look at that roster and there's so much potential in it. I've heard it's a special place to play, and I want to be part of doing special things up there."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/11/26/david-klemmer-says-joining-newcastle-knights-not-about-money/
Fuck off man

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Knights recruitment manager Troy Pezet, who was also Klemmer's first manager, led the club's pursuit of Klemmer alongside Brown.

However, Knights halfback and captain Mitchell Pearce has also played a significant role in convincing Klemmer his future belonged in Newcastle.
Yeah hes lived with her and her family since he was 16. But sooner or later being whipped (and your mates taking the piss about you having 2 vaginas in the family), you will have to stand up for yourself.
What...her family in Newcastle? Moving to be closer to family, wait, where do they live Sydney? Oh, just the sister then?

I guess we will never know the REAL truth as to why he left...was it money? Was it discontent that mates got moved on? Was it family issues? We can all guess and we will never be closer to the truth, the real truth unless they themselves come clean.

The only truth we know in this whole sad, sordid mess is that he had to have been approached by Newcastle when he was out of bounds with TWO years left to run on his deal. Oh yes, Pearcey gave him a 'spiritual book' and others extolled the positives of living in Newcastle and his EX manager was a driving force behind getting him to Newcastle...nothing fishy about that....

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wonder what his misses will think when she learns that Newcastle is full of deros and junkies

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t really give a fuck why but your decision to walk out on the club has made you the enemy so tell your story walking champ

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Wasn’t it reported he had been to the club three times in 12 months then he goes last month and ask’s for a release.

Fuck this just sign ***** on 1 year contracts if they play shit move them on simple

Anyways fuck off klemmer

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wasn’t it reported he had been to the club three times in 12 months then he goes last month and ask’s for a release.

Fuck this just sign ***** on 1 year contracts if they play shit move them on simple

Anyways fuck off klemmer
I'm starting to think players should be signed up like any other job, where you just have to give 4 weeks notice to leave.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Newcastle Knights Twitter person is having an absolute jizzfest over Klemmer. Anyone would think he's the only player in their side, and Klemmer already doing promos to sign up as a 2019 member.

Knights will want to be bloody careful here... wouldn't be the first time a new "super signing", has come into the club like he's gods gift (full of ego), and completely pissed off/upset the harmony of the playing group.

I wonder what his misses will think when she learns that Newcastle is full of deros and junkies
Careful you'll offend DBakes ... a proud North Coast man!

What...her family in Newcastle? Moving to be closer to family, wait, where do they live Sydney? Oh, just the sister then?

I guess we will never know the REAL truth as to why he left...was it money? Was it discontent that mates got moved on? Was it family issues? We can all guess and we will never be closer to the truth, the real truth unless they themselves come clean.

The only truth we know in this whole sad, sordid mess is that he had to have been approached by Newcastle when he was out of bounds with TWO years left to run on his deal. Oh yes, Pearcey gave him a 'spiritual book' and others extolled the positives of living in Newcastle and his EX manager was a driving force behind getting him to Newcastle...nothing fishy about that....
Chloe's family used to live in Sydney (as did Klemmers). He moved out to live with her family when he was 16 and hasn't had much to do with his family since.

Her sister lives in Newcastle and they are apparently quite close.

Not sure where the rest of her family live but apparently her grandparents are in Kyogle.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Knights will want to be bloody careful here... wouldn't be the first time a new "super signing", has come into the club like he's gods gift (full of ego), and completely pissed off/upset the harmony of the playing group.
It won't be just him, that pisses off/upset the harmony of the playing group, it will be his wife as well.

She will piss off the WAG's as well, just like she did at the Dogs.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like you've offended the closet Knight