Official David klemmer signs 5 year 4.3m deal with Newcastle Knights

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Klemmer it’s not about the money but what the wife wants.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he went to a wussy team as hes declining career, its very common barba went to sharks when he lost it

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why the fuck would we top him up if he still had 2 years on his contract?
Klemmer is a scum and a fuckwit hope he gets a season ending injury.
Because he is worth it!

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol it's not about the money and then says it's a business .
No family issues , was just for the money

Good on him , ruined any chance of a legacy . Some of these clowns don't understand that they stand to make more being a one club player post footy then following the $$$.
I would love to see what post football opportunities there in Newcastle compared to Sydney . Lol guess why he is just a good metre eater without any other skills , pure boofhead

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Klemmer will be under a mountain of pressure next year. People are comparing him to Paul Harragon. He’s not in that league yet.
No one should be suprised he said it wasn’t about the money, they never do.
Sometimes players forget that they still have around 35-50 years of living after they retire. Klemmer would have been a 10 year plus player at Canterbury who generally look after their own.

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The kids look impressed wearing that shit jersey.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Still don’t get how Newcastle is better? He’s rich he can literally live wherever he wants in Sydney. I’m not sure where he lives but I’m sure he could move to Lugarno which is where I think Woods is if he’s so soft. I’m sick of footballers saying they need to get out of Sydney.
His wifes sister is in Newcastle, and her extended family (grandparents) are from up north as well.

Closer to family = more free babysitting options from "grandma and grandpa".

I reckon he's aiming to buy a lifestyle property (Williamtown / Black Hill), because he wants a large property where they can have livestock and the wife have a horse.

and of course close to Newcastle.

$1.7m to $2.5m gets him that easily.

Double or triple that anywhere near Sydney.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His wifes sister is in Newcastle, and her extended family (grandparents) are from up north as well.

Closer to family = more free babysitting options from "grandma and grandpa".

I reckon he's aiming to buy a lifestyle property (Williamtown / Black Hill), because he wants a large property where they can have livestock and the wife have a horse.

and of course close to Newcastle.

$1.7m to $2.5m gets him that easily.

Double or triple that anywhere near Sydney.
Does his wife work ? If not babysitting options shouldn’t be a big deal

DBake

Waterboy
Reaction score
There should be a time the hate stops. The negative approach rarely brings any good. The there is still Des clean up going on here. I hope Pay gets the run and patience that Browny as been given for the Knights post Bennett rebuild.
Say all you like about Newcastle, reckon our Board would love their crowd numbers. They have a fan base that votes with their feet, numbers that say so much much more than keyboard whiteanting.
Newcastle has a major Sydney expat population, and an available lifestyle that many Sydneysiders would dream of daily as they inch along in the traffic jams to and from work.
It’s heartbreaking to lose Klemmer, just feels a bit more natural to get over it, realise it’s a buisness and still take interest in his career that Canterbury will always have a part of.
Imagine if he went to Easts?
Or Storm, or wherever?
Seeing the Knights be competitive again won’t be sad.
The media want to see all us fans blowing up full of bile and vitriol, and cooler minds need to prevail.
If we were to move on, and give him a hello cheer at his first homecoming, then that would get right up the nose of the likes of the Telecrap.
You make your own karma,
Let’s be better....

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s what happens when you get into bed with Isaac Moses look at this muppets clients and tell me there is no trend
Klemmer now
Woods Tedesco and mitchell Moses tried to hold the tigers over a barrel and
Look at cam smith wants the reserve bank thrown at him at the expense of 3-4 future players another player linked to this manager that’s the only ones I know off

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Say all you like about Newcastle, reckon our Board would love their crowd numbers. They have a fan base that votes with their feet, numbers that say so much much more than keyboard whiteanting.
I'm pretty sure Knights fans would also love to say their club:
a) is not the only team in the 2000s with over 3 wooden spoons .
b) has more than 2 premierships to it's name.
c) is only alive thanks to the NRL bankrolling them for the last decade.

Oh and re crowd numbers, they had higher crowd numbers in 14 games this year (we had them in 24), however take a look who (and where) they played during those large crowds.

Newcastle has a major Sydney expat population, and an available lifestyle that many Sydneysiders would dream of daily as they inch along in the traffic jams to and from work.
*looks at Sydneys beaches*
*looks at Newcastles beaches*
*looks at Sydney Harbour.
*looks at Newcastle Harbour.

GAME-SET-MATCH Sydney.

It’s heartbreaking to lose Klemmer, just feels a bit more natural to get over it, realise it’s a buisness and still take interest in his career that Canterbury will always have a part of.
Who is this Klemmer bloke you speak of?

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
NRL has stood by and watched this thing unfold and gets the exclusive interview hmmm.. makes you think they obviously had there part in this how to build Newcastle in to premiership at the expencese of a Sydney powerhouse club that will always have its supporter base

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mate f#@k Ray too.
I might be stretching it here, but no coincidence Klemmers 3rd party falls through after Dib leaves.

I would not vote for Ray or new board.
We need people at put the club ahead of politics or personal career.
Actually the stories about Klemmer and his 3rd party deals started way before Dib was kicked out.